Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

On 25/05/2023 at 12:55, LCFCJohn said:

A weird combination or relief but also tinged with some disappointment for me. I have accepted long ago relegation and been looking forward to something completely new next season. Staying up likely means more of the same mistakes and a similar season next year so can’t say I’d be thrilled about staying up from that point of view. 

And anger that these wasters would suddenly think they have done the club a massive favour!

But at least Rodgers is gone.

Definitely happiness for me if we stay up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

If football actually worked like that it'd be pretty boring. This season more than any other has shown unexpected results can come from anywhere. Everton have 3 away wins in 2 years yet went to Brighton and took apart a side in the European spots. Southampton stopped Man City going for the quadruple and stuck a spanner in Arsenal's title race. Liverpool 7 United 0. Spurs 5 down at Newcastle in about 20 mins.

And they don't need to lose, just draw, which is highly possible with their only goal threat, their captain and two others out.

Wait. We also need to win. A draw is not good enough for us.

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

A lot is made of Maddisons penalty miss against Everton, but how Souttar doesn't score against Villa is beyond me. Having said that I think nor only should he be in the team, he's due a goal.

Missed one against Saints too. 6'7" and didnt get over the top of the ball. But that said having someone that size in both boxes clearly gives the other team more to think about than having Evans or Faes floating round in there.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Have this horrible feeling that Everton will only draw, but we’ll not win.

That would be a bitter pill 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Rumours bubbling on the internet that Dyche might be getting sacked even if he keeps Everton up….. rumours like that can’t be good prior to a massive game! 

Not surprised, big Sam did a good job there and got booted  

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Rumours bubbling on the internet that Dyche might be getting sacked even if he keeps Everton up….. rumours like that can’t be good prior to a massive game! 

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Not surprised, big Sam did a good job there and got booted  

I saw this too. Rumours they're after the Botafogo coach? 

I've accepted relegation. Obviously I'll be delighted if we stay up, but not surprised if we go down. I'm not even sure how I'd react at full time. Probably just "oh well" attitude. Anger went ages ago.

But that very, very faint light of hope is a pain in the bum being there. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’m middling on Dyche but I think that’d be a dumb move.

On 25/05/2023 at 09:26, st albans fox said:

Getting back to the fixture, football is very unpredictable 

whilst West Ham have little interest in a tough highly competitive game, you’d be surprised what can happen. 

going back to 2015, we played West Ham at the start of the great escape. We scored early through Esteban and their heads just dropped and they couldn’t give a fig. We got a pen soon after and it was saved.  That lift had the effect of reminding the West Ham players that they were professional highly competitive athletes and they became a completely different side. They equalised before HT and we needed kingys late winner 

another illustration was Chelsea v spurs in 2016. Spurs were coasting until lamella decided to leave one on fabregas near the far touchline. That lit the blue touchpaper and Chelsea woke up big time. The battle ensued 

if we are intense (not much chance) and go two up (not much chance) then I doubt West Ham will care about competing thereafter - as long as we don’t **** their inbuilt highly competitive instincts 

Have a hunch that regardless of what happens, it's gonna be memorable. Don't think relegation is a forgone conclusion. Also think Smith will select the guys who are up for the task. The question being are there 11 of them?

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I've accepted relegation. Obviously I'll be delighted if we stay up, but not surprised if we go down. I'm not even sure how I'd react at full time. Probably just "oh well" attitude. Anger went ages ago.

But that very, very faint light of hope is a pain in the bum being there. 

Yeah, kind of ‘well that’s that’ and get on with your day. 

9 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Honestly don’t care if we stay up or go down any more. It doesn’t even hurt. I’ve done my grieving the last year or so 

Agree....the club has been in decline on so many fronts in the last year(Not sacking Rodgers earlier,Showsec,lack of engagement with fans.....etc)It just pisses me off that we had a real chance to be a stable PL club and blew it.(possibly!}

• Like 1

I would revert back to something near the Wolves game. If we were looking to keep consistency at the back and build on the Newcastle result I would say keep the formula of the same back 3 but not about that now the season is at the end. 

17 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Honestly don’t care if we stay up or go down any more. It doesn’t even hurt. I’ve done my grieving the last year or so 

I know exactly how you feel. 

I feel as though I'm on empty with this lot - I worked out that I'll have been to 30 games this year which is a heavy commitment for me and I've seen 95% absolute tosh Arsenal away, Brighton away, Palace away, Bournemouth home and away, Southampton home and away, Newcastle at home etc etc etc All absolutely crap. 

I resigned myself that we were going down several months ago. There is just that chink of light but I'm not sure how I feel about it - There again I'm saying that today and a 2 goal lead from us and a Bournemouth goal taking them into the lead could send me in to raptures tomorrow 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 3

Could be poetic as West Ham home always seem to be a pivotal game for us:

14/15 - start of the great escape 

15/16 - defining moment im the title race 

22/23 - could it be the game that keeps us up??? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

I think theoretically we'd already won the league in 2015 / 2016 we just didn't know it at the time 

Just now, shailen said:

It could.

It could also be the game that sends us down.

(Although of course it wouldn't actually keep us up any more than any other win this season or send us down more than any other failure to win.)

Oh, and it could also be utterly meaningless - if Everton win...

At least it's more exciting than mid-table security and an inconsequential end to the season, ain't it!!