Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

Just now, melvinmmelvin said:

On Radio 5 Live, punters to a man (/woman) tipped only Everton to stay up.

Of course they did. They're substantially more likely to stay up than us or Leeds; nobody's going to tip Leeds or us to stay up.

I was about to say if I was going to bet on it I'd bet on Everton, but actually I'd bet on us as we're probably the only one of the three with both odds that make it worth it and any realistic prospect of things all going our way. Not that I'm a gambler though.

18 minutes ago, melvinmmelvin said:

On Radio 5 Live, punters to a man (/woman) tipped only Everton to stay up.

Are we going to stand for that? NO - Let's stuff it back up them....

COME ON YOU FOXES...  

EDIT: talking nonsense 

Edited by CosbehFox

28 minutes ago, shailen said:

Could be poetic as West Ham home always seem to be a pivotal game for us:

14/15 - start of the great escape 

15/16 - defining moment im the title race 

22/23 - could it be the game that keeps us up??? 

First game in 2004....Dion Dublin sent of on his debut!

• Haha 2

Really intrigued how the atmosphere will be for this.

I'm sure it will start off well, but soon as we aren't winning, we go a goal behind, or we hear of Everton getting a goal, I think it will change in an instant.

I can see Everton being a couple of goals up before half time.

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It’s such a strange game, I really want the team to go out swinging and giving it everything but when they do I know I am then going to feel cheated for the way this season has gone and how we have ended up in this situation. However if they lie down and surrender like they have for most of this season I will feel angry that they have let us down again. 

Truth is regardless of tomorrow’s outcome this season has been a shambolic disgrace and the whole club from Top to bottom have let the fans and employees, who will lose their jobs as a consequence, down massively. What a sorry and sad mess.  

Your last point is really important. They still need to be made aware of how poor this season has been! 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Was that down to him though or was he just present?

Tielemans has been in the team but bloody rubbish every game.

Tielemans is garbage full stop. Most overrated player in the PL. Had himself up for sale now for over a year and no genuine interest shown in him.

Even Arsenals half hearted sniffing around last summer didn't flush any real interest out. Not even when we dropped the asking price to £30M. 

That's Perez money FFS and no half decent team wants him, yet successive clowns keep picking him either in fantasy or real team. No wonder this club knows nothing about football or how to run it. 

Sorry to say Dyche won't let Everton fail to beat Bournemouth. They'll out fight and battle a team that has no reason to resist a physical challenge and risk injury approaching summer hols.

From the line of When the Levee breaks,

Crying won't help you, praying won't do you no good.

Time to start again. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Was that down to him though or was he just present?

Tielemans has been in the team but bloody rubbish every game.

Tielemans is garbage full stop. Most overrated player in the PL. Had himself up for sale now for over a year and no genuine interest shown in him.

Even Arsenals half hearted sniffing around last summer didn't flush any real interest out. Not even when we dropped the asking price to £30M. 

That's Perez money FFS and no half decent team wants him, yet successive clowns keep picking him either in fantasy or real team. No wonder this club knows nothing about football or how to run it. 

Sorry to say Dyche won't let Everton fail to beat Bournemouth. They'll out fight and battle a team that has no reason to resist a physical challenge and risk injury approaching summer hols.

From the line of When the Levee breaks,

Crying won't help you, praying won't do you no good.

Time to start again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I've accepted relegation. Obviously I'll be delighted if we stay up, but not surprised if we go down. I'm not even sure how I'd react at full time. Probably just "oh well" attitude. Anger went ages ago.

But that very, very faint light of hope is a pain in the bum being there. 

Pretty much this, would love for us to stay up though .. Everton have been touting relegation for years plus they have bent the rules with the FFP so they deserve to go down if the gods are out there tomorrow! :fc:

21 hours ago, Jabfox said:

Assuming Vards and madders both start, If we get a penalty who's going to take it? Don't care what Smith has said has to be Vardy surely! 

I ask cause I have a feeling we'll get one

...so do I, and in my version we get two and miss them both!!!

This team is intent on taking us right down to the wire.

Maddison is the player charged with taking penalties if Nacho is not on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It’s such a strange game, I really want the team to go out swinging and giving it everything but when they do I know I am then going to feel cheated for the way this season has gone and how we have ended up in this situation. However if they lie down and surrender like they have for most of this season I will feel angry that they have let us down again. 

Truth is regardless of tomorrow’s outcome this season has been a shambolic disgrace and the whole club from Top to bottom have let the fans and employees, who will lose their jobs as a consequence, down massively. What a sorry and sad mess.  

I'll feel let down even if we stay up. 

I was there in 87, 95, 2004 etc when we've previously been relegated but a) I knew those sides weren't good enough and b) at least we had some leadership and you could see effort in the team. 

This lot have been a complacent, shower of absolute shite - win or lose get rid of the lot of um (apart from Vardy of course and possibly one or two exceptions) 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Really intrigued how the atmosphere will be for this.

I'm sure it will start off well, but soon as we aren't winning, we go a goal behind, or we hear of Everton getting a goal, I think it will change in an instant.

I can see Everton being a couple of goals up before half time.

I think the vast majority of fans accepted out fate after Fulham. The result is general apathy as was seen when liverpool scored their third and the stadium emptied 

i’m sure the atmosphere will be good tomorrow but similar to Bournemouth, if things go awry, it will dive pretty quickly 

• Like 2

I just cannot see us winning this. We've been so bad this season, and will probably crumble under the pressure.

One win in 15 games is a shocking stat as well.

2 nil west ham and a massive round of applause by some fans is my prediction.

There's a lot of pressure on a poor Everton side.

Bournemouth tend to do well against them.

And West Ham have thoughts elsewhere.

We got an unlikely point last match.

I'm willing to believe. I think we'll just do it.

• Like 2

If this game plays out to form this season then one of two scenarios will happen:

1. Everton fail to win but so do we. 

2. We actually go 1 up early on (for the first time in centuries) but news then filters through that Everton are already 2 up and Bournemouth are down to 10 men. 

That's how I'm approaching it to be ready for the inevitable disappointment. 

51 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...so do I, and in my version we get two and miss them both!!!

This team is intent on taking us right down to the wire.

Maddison is the player charged with taking penalties if Nacho is not on the pitch.

Yeah I have to say I’m not very confident especially if fabianski starts for them. 

Nervous is an understatement aha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shailen said:

Could be poetic as West Ham home always seem to be a pivotal game for us:

14/15 - start of the great escape 

15/16 - defining moment im the title race 

22/23 - could it be the game that keeps us up??? 

Good man....I love a weird statistic that gives you illogical hope

Have just looked back over our previous relegations from the top flight. I think this is the first time we've been playing at home on the final day of a top flight season facing a do or die situation to stay up or not. 

If my research is correct, in 1908/09, 1934/35, 1938/39, 1954/55, 1968/69, 1977/78, 1980/81, 1986/87, 1994/95, 2001/02 and 2003/04 we were either already relegated or playing away on the final day.

This is history!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1