Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

Feeling pretty optimistic about today.

Randomly put a Blur track on earlier in the week and couldn't recall the album. Checked on my phone and it happened to be 'The Great Escape'. Been pretty upbeat about the situation ever since.

Quite relaxed today in all honesty. Couple of things going in our favour; we've yet to have our unexpected moment this season, we're Leicester City so literally anything can happen, this game seems primed for another chapter in the Jamie Vardy story, and finally West Ham need this game like they need a hole in the head so can't see them being too committed. 

Hopefully get an early goal and place all the pressure on Everton. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Can't go today now which is disappointing. Had to have emergency surgery on Tuesday to remove a lump on my back the docs found. So currently recovering at home. 

The season has been a disaster but it is what it is. Just support the lads and we go again next season. 

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope our win lifts your spirits!

8 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

We have got our role today. We need a top top atmosphere and 90 minutes of cheering. We can do this. 

...that pretty much depends on what is happening at the other game!!!

We are a fanbase (game attendees), that becomes debilitated by circumstance. Our reactions to adversity is silence and that is when they are needed most. 

2 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Feeling pretty optimistic about today.

Randomly put a Blur track on earlier in the week and couldn't recall the album. Checked on my phone and it happened to be 'The Great Escape'. Been pretty upbeat about the situation ever since.

Quite relaxed today in all honesty. Couple of things going in our favour; we've yet to have our unexpected moment this season, we're Leicester City so literally anything can happen, this game seems primed for another chapter in the Jamie Vardy story, and finally West Ham need this game like they need a hole in the head so can't see them being too committed. 

Hopefully get an early goal and place all the pressure on Everton. 

West Ham's final isn't until the 7th June, they'll want to keep their sharpness.

I'm pretty relaxed because I don't think there's any chance at all of us winning and Bournemouth winning.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Just posted this on my Fb account for all

the hundreds of friends who don’t give a shit. Thought I’d share it here for the hundreds here who do! 

D-Day. Today relegation from the Premier League will almost certainly be confirmed for my beloved Leicester City. For the last 10 years I’ve seen this club playing PL football. The very extreme highs and the basement lows. In 2014 we arrived as a brilliantly run football club with aspirations of becoming an established top 20 side. 9 months later we had to win 7 of our last 9 games just to stay in the league. We did it. One year later we were Premier League champions at odds of 5000/1. A sporting story that will never be surpassed. During those ten years of incredible PL football we have finished in the top 10 on 5 occasions securing European football 3 times. We’ve been to Wembley on 4 occasions and played in 3 Semi-Finals including once in Europe. We’ve won the FA Cup and a Charity Shield. We knocked Sevilla out of the Champions League and played in the last 8 of Europes Premier competition - in fact on that occasion, we were the last English team standing. We’ve had lots of famous victories including coming from 1-3 down to beat Man United 5-3 in our 5th game back in the big time in September 2014. We have hammed Peps Man City on several occasions including 4-1 at home and 5-2 at the Empthihad. On both occasions Vardy scored a hat-trick - only Leo Messi has also scored more than one hat-trick against a Pep side. On the subject of Vardy, we found and signed the player who holds the record for the most PL goals in consecutive PL games. “It’s 11 it’s heaven for Jamie Vardy”. The GOAT hitting 13 goals in 11 consecutive games to beat Ruud Van Nisterooy’s record. 

It is fair to say that today will be a day of ups and downs for Leicester fans everywhere. In a list of achievements littered with the unlikely and unexpected, staying up on the last day would be as unlikely and as unexpected as any of them. But there is always hope and so today I support my beloved Leicester as I always have and always will, but I have a very soft spot for a seaside club that plays in red and black. 

If we go down I can safely say that we came, we saw and we conquered. 

Leicester ‘till I die 💙🦊

There is still hope bro, the cherries could easily turn the toffees over today and we might get something against the hammers, the key is keeping PAQUETA quiet as if he is on it we will get torn apart with ease, have been watching Paqueta quite closely lately and he is growing in stature in premier league and a top top player, shame we could not have brought him to the kingpower as i doubt we would be fighting to survive today.

7 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

West Ham's final isn't until the 7th June, they'll want to keep their sharpness.

I'm pretty relaxed because I don't think there's any chance at all of us winning and Bournemouth winning.

Agreed, but if you're a West Ham player today your absolute priority is not to pick up an injury. For the majority of their lads this is the first and last time they'll ever play in a European final so they'll want to make sure that they're in contention. An injury now no matter how small is going to make them a doubt with only 10 days recovery, let alone lack of match fitness. 

Also, put yourself in Moyes shoes. Been under intense pressure all season. If he wins that final he probably keeps his job, if he loses it there's big question marks over his position. Imagine the reaction of the board and the fans if one of their star players gets injured today in what is essentially a dead rubber and they go on to lose the final. That'll certainly be in the back of his mind I'm sure. 

Edited by ian__marshall

12 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

We need an early goal. My worry is when was the last time we went ahead? Is it something like the last 20 games we’ve been behind. 

Palace away, Rodgers last game for the club!

4 minutes ago, Fox_Hammer said:

There is still hope bro, the cherries could easily turn the toffees over today and we might get something against the hammers, the key is keeping PAQUETA quiet as if he is on it we will get torn apart with ease, have been watching Paqueta quite closely lately and he is growing in stature in premier league and a top top player, shame we could not have brought him to the kingpower as i doubt we would be fighting to survive today.

...KDH to give him a "reducer"!!!

Fire the crowd up, and make him think twice about taking the ball in tight spaces.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Fire the crowd up, and make him think twice about taking the ball in tight spaces.

We dont need to play dirty, just mark him tightly and stop bowen and benrahma from drifting in from the channels, mark my words the key today will be tielemens and if he can prevent getting overrun by rice and soucek. Thats why i prefer smithy setting a low block today to force them to play, hit them with clinical counters and dont miss, we are likely to see the hammers today set up like they did away at the cherries where they won 4-0, dont fall in to their trap ! 

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Soumares martial arts challenge against Coleman shows he has the strength to remind the opposition he’s there. However the last thing we want is a red card, bin the Vinny Jones approach, really has to be a tad more subtle.

1 minute ago, Fox_Hammer said:

We dont need to play dirty, just mark him tightly and stop bowen and benrahma from drifting in from the channels, mark my words the key today will be tielemens and if he can prevent getting overrun by rice and soucek. Thats why i prefer smithy setting a low block today to force them to play, hit them with clinical counters and dont miss, we are likely to see the hammers today set up like they did away at the cherries where they won 4-0, dont fall in to their trap ! 

...it is pretty obvious how this team should have approached games previously and the personnel required!!!

Tielemans and Soumare provide no support in the midfield and that is why our defence is overrun. Playing a 4-2-3-1 is going to be suicidal today, but that is Smith's go to plan. My preference is 4-3-3,  but with a game such as this we need to play on the counter, no point losing the game in the first 10 minutes. 

Not sure about Benrahma,  he doesn't seem to have progressed as much as I  thought he would, more worried about Rice and Soucek overrunning our midfield.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is pretty obvious how this team should have approached games previously and the personnel required!!!

Tielemans and Soumare provide no support in the midfield and that is why our defence is overrun. Playing a 4-2-3-1 is going to be suicidal today, but that is Smith's go to plan. My preference is 4-3-3,  but with a game such as this we need to play on the counter, no point losing the game in the first 10 minutes. 

Not sure about Benrahma,  he doesn't seem to have progressed as much as I  thought he would, more worried about Rice and Soucek overrunning our midfield.

Agree on the 4-3-3 mate and is perhaps the least likely formation the hammers would want to play against today, as for benrahma not sure you seen enough of him as he can run rings round most defenders for fun and when playing with paqueta and bowen can be lethal. Hammers often have this move where bowen and benrama switch sides on the counter and leave a gaping whole for others to push into while defenders in transition. If we can be strong through the middle today and even play a sweeper that tactic is largely nullified. We also need to be careful if moyes plays young hotshot striker mubama today for last 20 mins as he is scary pace wise and a lethal finisher.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

We need an early goal. My worry is when was the last time we went ahead? Is it something like the last 20 games we’ve been behind. 

West Ham away…. 

1 minute ago, Joefox said:

Tbh I didn’t expect we’d still have a chance to stay up on the final day so I’ll take it.

But I’ve got a bad feeling Everton are going to be 2-0 up very quickly.

Many of my west ham fan mates want the foxes to win today,actually a big respect between the two clubs and fans and even to this day they cannot believe we sacked the most successful foxes manager in history CLAUDIO . Must say i would love him back to sort us out.

• Like 1