Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

Be interesting to see what kind of performance he get from Tielemans today, for all the moans we have had about him,be sad to think this is his last game for us we will always remember him for his F A cup winner.

Edited by southfox66

1 hour ago, adam said:

This is gonna be a painful watch if Everton race into a 2 nil lead early on.

I have no faith in today at all. 😆

I can't shake the feeling that this is what is going to happen. I fully expect Everton to be comfortably winning at half time.

As others have said an early goal from us will send shock waves around Goodison, but an early goal for Everton and everything falls flat.

I can't decided what would be more painful to experience - we win comfortably but so do Everton meaning the whole game just feels pointless, or we win and Everton score late on to keep them up. 

The only way to the nerves are settled today is if both us and Bournemouth are 3-0 at half time :D

If there is anything in fate, when Deano kept us up it was against West Ham and on that day Bournemouth beat Everton (although Bournemouth went down) but it’s the same fixture.

Stay up!!!! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Be interesting to see what kind of performance he get from Tielemans today, for all the moans we have had about him,be sad to think this is his last game for us we will always remember him for his F A cup winner.

Sad !!! I'm bloody over the moon, cheers for the FA cup win but he is done here.

Time to go !!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DJAV said:

If there is anything in fate, when Deano kept us up it was against West Ham and on that day Bournemouth beat Everton (although Bournemouth went down) but it’s the same fixture.

Stay up!!!! 

He didn’t beat West Ham though 

38 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Had loads of villa fans come up to me on my travels through Birmingham new street saying they hope we stay up. They really do love that Dean Smith. 

I guess Deano is revered by Villa fans in the way Pearson still is here! 

• Like 1

Just now, Guy said:

I guess Deano is revered by Villa fans in the way Pearson still is here! 

He was the right man at the right time, but not long term. I wasn’t sure he was right for you - but we do love him for what he did, he just ran out of steam and did what we needed at the time, and even signed some of the better players we have now. Genuinely want you guys to stay up and not because of Dean, but because I like seeing you in the prem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

For an anyone who has accepted relegation, of which I am one, I can tell you that does not stop the nerves! 

Same. it's the not knowing (and the hope!) that kills us! I have a nagging feeling that Moyes will field a full strength WH team still to keep them on their toes and 'match fit' for their Europa Conference Final with it still being over a week away of course - and would sub consciously like to keep his old team up as a sidenote I'd say.....sadly. All will be revealed by the evening.....

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Most awkward around the kp. Everyone sounds downbeat and accepting the outcome. Lowest we felt in a long time.

You guys can absolutely stay up today 💪

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

Don’t worry he’s a signed a new three year deal.

That would not surprise me one bit.  Fudgkin is capable of doing anything. 

Dont think we can beat a full strength Wham team if they go all out looking to secure a starting place for tte Euro final.

The more I think about it, the less optimistic I feel.

I'm sorry....will start the drive to vicky park at 3 and the slow march to relegation...

Reckon we'll play like prime Barca as its the last time we'll see most of them in a Leicester shirt.

Vardy will get booked.

Gray will score for Everton.

Mongies clap 'the lads' off the pitch, thanking them for their efforts.

Top will be there, smiling and clapping like we've just qualified for Europe.

Bam.

Thank fvck this sh1t is over and good riddance to almost every part of the playing & backroom staff.

4 minutes ago, DJAV said:

He was the right man at the right time, but not long term. I wasn’t sure he was right for you - but we do love him for what he did, he just ran out of steam and did what we needed at the time, and even signed some of the better players we have now. Genuinely want you guys to stay up and not because of Dean, but because I like seeing you in the prem.

I think that's very much the overall feel here towards Smith too, even though it may pan out to be much shorter term than his time in charge at Villa if the board don't see him as the long term answer after today - regardless of what league we'll be in next season.

He comes across as a nice enough guy but I suppose a lot of us look at how he fared at Norwich after his swift appointment there and fear the same thing may happen here all over again (being unable to save them from relegation last season and then sacked mid way through this in the Championship), given time if he's retained for next season!  I thought he was a bit harshly treated by Villa at the time and superseded by an inferior manager in Gerrard, even if a bigger name perhaps. Maybe he went in there at Norwich with Shakespeare too soon after the sack at Villa and could've done with some more time out but I suppose knew such opportunities don't come around very often and so just ent for it....whereas someone like Potter is having time out now after his unsavoury time at his former club. In hindsight he should never have left Brighton but on the flip side the Chelsea chance might not have come round for him again so you can understand why he jumped ship. Anyway regardless of all the above in the distant future then I just 'hope' we can do it today under Smith!!