Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

at least if we do go down we got two of the most prestigious trophies in the cabinet, the same can't be said for Everton, shit club hope Bournemouth destroy them. 

Fearless Foxes: Our Story | Leicester City's 2015/16 Premier League Title -  YouTube

The Leicester City heroes who steered them to FA Cup final glory | Daily  Mail Online

absolutely 💪

But don’t give up hope, football is a mad game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guy said:

I think that's very much the overall feel here towards Smith too, even though it may pan out to be much shorter term than his time in charge at Villa if the board don't see him as the long term answer after today - regardless of what league we'll be in next season.

He comes across as a nice enough guy but I suppose a lot of us look at how he fared at Norwich after his swift appointment there and fear the same thing may happen here all over again (being unable to save them from relegation last season and then sacked mid way through this in the Championship), given time if he's retained for next season!  I thought he was a bit harshly treated by Villa at the time and superseded by an inferior manager in Gerrard, even if a bigger name perhaps. Maybe he went in there at Norwich with Shakespeare too soon after the sack at Villa and could've done with some more time out but I suppose knew such opportunities don't come around very often and so just ent for it....whereas someone like Potter is having time out now after his unsavoury time at his former club. In hindsight he should never have left Brighton but on the flip side the Chelsea chance might not have come round for him again so you can understand why he jumped ship. Anyway regardless of all the above in the distant future then I just 'hope' we can do it today under Smith!! 

Can’t argue with that, and don’t get me started I. Gerrard 😂, but our performances in Deanos last few games were awful and it was getting worse. SG was terrible - but it did lead to Unai and I think it has been good. But I don’t want to talk too much about Villa. What I want is a positive result for you guys today and to come back on here and see positivity - and hopefully, moving on next season with a top coach and players who will give their all. One last good luck from me, I truly truly believe it can work out today 🙏

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

at least if we do go down we got two of the most prestigious trophies in the cabinet in the modern era, the same can't be said for Everton, shit club hope Bournemouth destroy them. 

Fearless Foxes: Our Story | Leicester City's 2015/16 Premier League Title -  YouTube

The Leicester City heroes who steered them to FA Cup final glory | Daily  Mail Online

Should never have fallen this far from grace in just two seasons after the FA Cup win with mostly all the same players (albeit bottling top 4 at the very  end of the same season - again!), even if things had gone stale in that time under Rodgers since 2021. Even the 'dustcart season' after the Lord Mayor's Show of winning the Prem and nearly getting relegated for a time before Ranieri was sacked was in a way more forgivable re the hangover effect, even if there wasn't much in it! 

This will likely be the last time we see Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, Evans, Amartey, Mendy and Soyuncu in Leicester shirts.

It might even be the last we see if Jamie Vardy.

Lets not end this, by sinking the ship.

Lets draw a line under this clusterfudge of a season and go out on a high.

For we are Leicester

For we are Fearless

For we are Forever Foxes! 

Gotta get into them from the off.

Need something from the pitch to get the KP rocking.

Longer the score goes against us, the worse the atmosphere will be...

19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

at least if we do go down we got two of the most prestigious trophies in the cabinet in the modern era, the same can't be said for Everton, shit club hope Bournemouth destroy them. 

Doh. Think you need to look at Everton’s history 

• Thanks 1

Just got to hope the footballing gods are in our favour. 

Presuming they’re not, I’ll mourn for a week and then expect a clear ****ing autopsy from the club to ascertain exactly where we’ve gone wrong and what’s in place to stop it happening again.

Potentially a really sad day for the club, fingers and toes crossed it’s not. 

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Just got to hope the footballing gods are in our favour

Presuming they’re not, I’ll mourn for a week and then expect a clear ****ing autopsy from the club to ascertain exactly where we’ve gone wrong and what’s in place to stop it happening again.

Potentially a really sad day for the club, fingers and toes crossed it’s not. 

Which they really haven't been this season, first sign of that was against Newcastle.