Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

I could see West Ham taking key players off quite early in the game - I think they'll use this one as pre-final fitness rather than a chance to exert themselves too much. I think deep down, most of the players who'll start in the final won't want to risk being injured, which will play into our hands. 

The fans will drag Everton over the line regardless of what we do. West Ham will be there for the taking, I don’t think they’ll rest players necessarily - but those players won’t be playing full tilt and risking injury.

Depending on injuries etc not against a back 3 again but swapping out Ndidi for Maddison to give us that link from midfield to attack. 

Some people are foolish yesterday thinking we wouldn't have got opened in like a can of beans yesterday if we tried to go toe to toe with Newcastle. 

Everton fans can be decent and will make it hard for Bournemouth, but Goodison can also be one of the most toxic grounds in the league when things aren’t going well. If Bournemouth somehow score first, things will get very interesting 🙏

We can beat them, with the right players! I still think this'll go the whole 90 minutes, or 120 minutes if Everton aren't winning and me thinks VAR will be having a say, hopefully on our side for a change. 

3 hours ago, HeskeyForever said:

I could see West Ham taking key players off quite early in the game - I think they'll use this one as pre-final fitness rather than a chance to exert themselves too much. I think deep down, most of the players who'll start in the final won't want to risk being injured, which will play into our hands. 

If we are aggressive and on the front foot, their key players will not want to risk injury for their cup final and may drop out of challenges and that may give us the edge. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, teblin said:

Just win Leicester, don’t think about what’s going on elsewhere. 

worse thing will be if we draw/lose and Everton don’t win either.

In a strange way that makes it a bit more straightforward in terms of our tactics. If there was a possibility that a draw might be enough depending on other results it would be horrible to watch us try to hold on only to find out we should have pushed on for a win.

We're not exactly famed for pulling it out of the bag on the final day. I can see a scenario in which Everton don't win and we don't either, which really would be the final insult.

• Like 2

We are going to win and Everton will draw we are staying up! 

Either way, it’s going to be a tense one but nothing in life is easy or should be taken for granted.

But I do believe we will do it by hook or by crook.

9 hours ago, Hammo said:

I knew this would happen.

We’ll beat a disinterested West Ham second XI, but it will all be to no avail because Everton will also beat an equally half-arsed Bournemouth, probably with a controversial twice taken stoppage time penalty, to send us down.

And because we win there will be no boos… just a load of happy clappers having a field day.

Nightmare.

Oh, ffs! Getting relegated would be the problem here - are you seriously saying that a lack of booing would make it even worse??

21 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I think we all know what is going to happen…

Everton and Leeds will lose, and so will we.  

Out with a whimper, might put a triple on that to ease the pain

If we're level at half time and Everton only a goal ahead I'll have the last drop of hope anything other than that 45 mins of torture. 

Just need to decide whether to stay to give the whole farce dirty looks if they traipse round the pitch

I bet the club do something stupid like play the awful pre KO version of WYS as mourning music

Edited by hebangsthedrums

The KP has to be a CAULDRON on Sunday. Forget what’s gone before, forget about Rodgers, the disappointment and opinions of any players. They need to be warriors. THIS IS IT, then hope Vichai can influence the game at Goodison for us 🙏

• Like 2