Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

Guest Mee-9
10 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Anyone know if Bournemouth have important injuries?

Sunburn as they've been on the beach for the past few weeks. 

Smith correctly said that its gonna be a pressure cooker atmosphere...not good news for our flakes unfortunately who -  based on the evidence of numerous other occasions - wilt when the going gets slightly beyond challenging!

Fully expect us to draw tamely and Everton and Leeds to win.

3 minutes ago, J. James said:

Smith correctly said that its gonna be a pressure cooker atmosphere...not good news for our flakes unfortunately who -  based on the evidence of numerous other occasions - wilt when the going gets slightly beyond challenging!

Fully expect us to draw tamely and Everton and Leeds to win.

Everton have lost or drawn all of their must wins too. They’re in a relegation fight for a reason. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

Clutching at straws, but it could be that West ham won't go all out. If you were a West ham player, would you want to risk getting injured before a major European final and potentially miss it? If they do play their top players, I would tell our lot to go in hard from the off rough them up so they back off. 

They might even play more fringe players because of the final. There's a chance. Slim, but I think it's a good time to play them. 

Note & I do want them to win the euro conference. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Clutching at straws, but it could be that West ham won't go all out. If you were a West ham player, would you want to risk getting injured before a major European final and potentially miss it? If they do play their top players, I would tell our lot to go in hard from the off rough them up so they back off. 

They might even play more fringe players because of the final. There's a chance. Slim, but I think it's a good time to play them. 

Note & I do want them to win the euro conference. 

West Ham will 100% be putting the kids out. I would be shocked if Rice, Antonio et al will be playing. What’s the point? They’re safe and are in a European final, winning it would grant them access to the Europa league…. So they will be 100% focused on that. 

The question will remain, will Everton choke? 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

West Ham will 100% be putting the kids out. I would be shocked if Rice, Antonio et al will be playing. What’s the point? They’re safe and are in a European final, winning it would grant them access to the Europa league…. So they will be 100% focused on that. 

Or maybe because of the final they don’t want to start unwinding too early and will want to keep season tempo up? :dunno:

2 hours ago, AlexFT said:

Have @Union FS got any plans for this? I can see that @AKCJ has said the same on the other thread.

No plans for this one. It had been discussed but with the uncertainty around whether there would be anything to play for in this game there was nothing agreed. It is also quite a tight turnaround for anything on a larger scale.

Going to rely on business as usual and everyone to bring their A game. WYS before kick-off was incredible at the Everton fixture so more of the same would be great and then 90 minutes of support for the team. Need to do everything we can to back them as much as a horrible season it has been. One last push and then worry about next season.

I wanted to not bother with the last couple of matches and just prepare myself for championship football next season. Now the end is actually in sight and we know there's a slim chance we can stay up, that's gone out the window.

No matter how much you try to prepare yourself there's always going to be that lingering bit of hope that we can pull of a miracle and envisioning the crazy celebrations if we manage to do it. Sunday is going to be one of my most nerve-wracking days as a supporter.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I’d be tempted to keep the same defence purely because it kept a clean sheet which is something we have not done in 57 years. Depends if Evans is fit obviously. I’d only change Ndidi for Mendy. 

Not sure why you'd want to actively not try win a game we absolutely need to win?

A clean sheet does us absolutely no good if we don't put one in the other teams goal :D

Also, West Ham probably wouldn't squander every one of the 25-30 chances we afforded Newcastle.

7 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Any Intel from your mate on how Bournemouth are playing (they've lost the last 3)? And on whether they're likely to play the first XI or give some squad players a run at Everton?

Bournemouth fan I work says they’ve been dogshit since staying up bar first half v Chelsea. Started giving players minutes they wouldn’t otherwise 

34 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They won’t. It’s ten days away. They need to keep themselves match sharp. Anyone with a knock or minor injury might pull out. Equally squad players be more keen to play well and get themselves a spot in that final XI (or first off the bench) 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

I wanted to not bother with the last couple of matches and just prepare myself for championship football next season. Now the end is actually in sight and we know there's a slim chance we can stay up, that's gone out the window.

No matter how much you try to prepare yourself there's always going to be that lingering bit of hope that we can pull of a miracle and envisioning the crazy celebrations if we manage to do it. Sunday is going to be one of my most nerve-wracking days as a supporter.

Same here mate. Dreading Sunday. I had heart palpitations during the Everton game so no idea how I’m going to cope with this one lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

They won’t. It’s ten days away. They need to keep themselves match sharp. Anyone with a knock or minor injury might pull out. Equally squad players be more keen to play well and get themselves a spot in that final XI (or first off the bench) 

They won’t, it’s ten days. If you can’t get up for a final without playing a game before, then they shouldn’t be playing at all. Even if they are, they’re likely to have one eye on that final. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They won’t, it’s ten days. If you can’t get up for a final without playing a game before, then they shouldn’t be playing at all. Even if they are, they’re likely to have one eye on that final. 

It’s called rhythm - it’s important to a lot of players 

they may not play 90 mins but I’d expect their big guns to have at least 45 unless they have an issue 

antonio didn’t play on Sunday - I’m sure that moyes decided he’d be more use against our defence than leeds. No way will he miss almost three weeks of football before the final 

it won’t be a completely weak team 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Not sure why you'd want to actively not try win a game we absolutely need to win?

A clean sheet does us absolutely no good if we don't put one in the other teams goal :D

Also, West Ham probably wouldn't squander every one of the 25-30 chances we afforded Newcastle.

I don’t think I said anything about not trying to win? I didn’t mention the attack but that doesn’t mean I wanted to just play with a back five and no one up front. I just meant it was quite nice to keep a clean sheet and that, in doing so, it makes winning easier. But then I’m a slightly overweight 40 odd year old with zero management experience, four friends (3 of whom are family) and a penis the size of a tic tac so it’s very possible I’m talking absolute bollocks. 

• Haha 1

After the Spurs game, we've won once in our last 16 matches.....I'm feeling quite excited and extremely confident going into the weekend......surely 15 of those games were simply a minor blip in our season

Just now, Bourne Blue& White said:

What about the Brighton 1 - 5 ? 

The exception that proves the rule - Everton are in this battle because they struggle to win their games just as much as we do. We have to believe that they will mess their game up

What about our 4-1 thrashing of Tottenham... we can't be judged by that result alone

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s called rhythm - it’s important to a lot of players 

they may not play 90 mins but I’d expect their big guns to have at least 45 unless they have an issue 

Sadly I think you're right, any hope that they'll be shit enough to let us win is probably wishful thinking.

It's also extremely difficult to see Everton not getting a win against Bournemouth.

Either way we should still go hell for leather and then play for a miracle from Bournemouth.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I don’t think I said anything about not trying to win? I didn’t mention the attack but that doesn’t mean I wanted to just play with a back five and no one up front. I just meant it was quite nice to keep a clean sheet and that, in doing so, it makes winning easier. But then I’m a slightly overweight 40 odd year old with zero management experience, four friends (3 of whom are family) and a penis the size of a tic tac so it’s very possible I’m talking absolute bollocks. 

No need to brag about the penis size Mr Well-endowed! Belittling me won't help! 

Based on wanting the exact same team (with Mendy for Wilf) it sounded like you were advocating more of the same as last night. Which was essentially operation human shield and hope for the best

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

It's also extremely difficult to see Everton not getting a win against Bournemouth.

It really isn't! Everton are probably slight favourites for that match - they're at home, and Bournemouth aren't much better than them - but it's not like Everton not winning would be any kind of shock result.

• Like 1

One thing though, let’s not forget how bad this lot have been this season. If we do end up going down but win, it will feel somewhat of an insult then deciding to try and fight in the last two games. 

Let this be known to them, because the likes of Madders, Barnes and Youri will all be off somewhere else in the summer, whilst we try to finally convince Billy Sharpe to join us.