Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Leicester City V West Ham - Pre Match thread

1 hour ago, beepee1984 said:

The exception that proves the rule - Everton are in this battle because they struggle to win their games just as much as we do. We have to believe that they will mess their game up

What about our 4-1 thrashing of Tottenham... we can't be judged by that result alone

This.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

It really isn't! Everton are probably slight favourites for that match - they're at home, and Bournemouth aren't much better than them - but it's not like Everton not winning would be any kind of shock result.

Come on, imagine what Goodison park will be like knowing they just need a win against a team on the beach. They ****ing thrashed Brighton at the amex ffs.

Just imagine we somehow contrive to score an early goal (in case you’ve forgotten that’s when the score becomes Leicester 1-0 Opponent. The tension will rise exponentially at Goodison.

Admittedly scoring an early goal seems like a dark art to us these days 

I hope those saying Everton are nailed on to win because Bournemouth are on the beach aren't going around saying we will fail to win... Against a team not only on the beach but also not wanting to get injured before the biggest game in most of their careers, that's if any of their main players feature too. We're probably more confident of an Everton win than Everton fans, likewise they probably think we will wipe the floor with WHU. In terms of the two teams in the centre of this, they probably both need to win yet both have sucked massively at doing such a thing this season. It's probably the most fancied each team has been to win all season, but doesn't make it a forgone conclusion whatsoever. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Come on, imagine what Goodison park will be like knowing they just need a win against a team on the beach. They ****ing thrashed Brighton at the amex ffs.

They did. But most of their key players are now missing…… there is a reason Everton fans are shutting themselves. 

30 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

And they've lost a lot of other games. We can't control what happens there on Sunday, we can only do our job and hope for the best. But i don't think they are nailed on to win anymore than we are.

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They did. But most of their key players are now missing…… there is a reason Everton fans are shutting themselves. 

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

And they've lost a lot of other games. We can't control what happens there on Sunday, we can only do our job and hope for the best. But i don't think they are nailed on to win anymore than we are.

You're both little devils giving me false hope lol what god can I sacrifice a goat to to make this happen?

15 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

You're both little devils giving me false hope lol what god can I sacrifice a goat to to make this happen?

I’ve been round in circles mate. I was resigned to outright relegation weeks ago. I thought we stood no chance. Yet somehow, we have been able to push Leeds to one side and need one result and an Everton draw to stay up. When you think about it, it’s completely mad and completely possible. 

At work today I had team members saying they thought our players were battling hard and they were rooting for them yesterday. People are on our side!?! 

There is a smidge of hope. Me and the family will do a 250 mile round trip on Sunday and we will be as loud as possible. I have to believe it’s possible. It is possible. It’s going to be an insane afternoon and I don’t know how we are going to cope. If we do it, somehow, I imagine it will be something me and my son will talk about for the rest of our lives. 

Imagine it, this bunch of tosspot no hopers could create one of the most magic of moments. Only Leicester can do that. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Not sure why you'd want to actively not try win a game we absolutely need to win?

A clean sheet does us absolutely no good if we don't put one in the other teams goal :D

Also, West Ham probably wouldn't squander every one of the 25-30 chances we afforded Newcastle.

... did you see us against Fulham, they owned us!!!

Why would you believe a team that goes in such a way would be able to push on to Newcastle and come out alive? I would suspect that you did not envisage a point from last night, it is more than most had hoped for, this is a big point, by any means necessary.

All I’ll say is this is the end of an era for this Leicester team. The last dance. And I’ve got a feeling there’s one dramatic twist in the tale that will see us safe, and finally flush the un flushable turd that is Everton.

They’ve made a lot of poor decisions recently, more than us, it could finally be coming to bite them in the arse.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I’ve been round in circles mate. I was resigned to outright relegation weeks ago. I thought we stood no chance. Yet somehow, we have been able to push Leeds to one side and need one result and an Everton draw to stay up. When you think about it, it’s completely mad and completely possible. 

At work today I had team members saying they thought our players were battling hard and they were rooting for them yesterday. People are on our side!?! 

There is a smidge of hope. Me and the family will do a 250 mile round trip on Sunday and we will be as loud as possible. I have to believe it’s possible. It is possible. It’s going to be an insane afternoon and I don’t know how we are going to cope. If we do it, somehow, I imagine it will be something me and my son will talk about for the rest of our lives. 

Imagine it, this bunch of tosspot no hopers could create one of the most magic of moments. Only Leicester can do that. 

Really excellent post and I couldn't agree more mate, this season has been very mentally draining with resignation turning into hope and back again.

Just now, Pliskin said:

All I’ll say is this is the end of an era for this Leicester team. The last dance. And I’ve got a feeling there’s one dramatic twist in the tale that will see us safe, and finally flush the un flushable turd that is Everton.

They’ve made a lot of poor decisions recently, more than us, it could finally be coming to bite them in the arse.  

I poked fun at people being overly optimistic before but I always admire your optimism

2 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

I poked fun at people being overly optimistic before but I always admire your optimism

I’m the type of person who just closes my eyes and puts the pedal to the metal when I drive and hope I get there. 

• Like 1

Probably just me but I reckon if I was a player for a team with nothing to play for themselves, I would relish playing a part in potentially deciding who gets relegated. I’d want to be part of the drama, potentially scoring the goal that sends a team down.

Let’s hope Bournemouth’s players think like that too lol 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TJQuik said:

I think an early goal for us may ridiculously prove counter productive, forcing Everton into a animalistic survival mode. 

Unfortunately, our best way out of this may be the ultimate brinkmanship and rely on a two goal swing late on. Gonna be fun

Hopefully Bournemouth keep Everton out for as long as possible if they go 1-0 up in the first ten minutes the next 80 will be Pickford laying on the ball every 2 minutes and 7 centre half’s on the pitch to protect the 1-0 lead 

5 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Hopefully Bournemouth keep Everton out for as long as possible if they go 1-0 up in the first ten minutes the next 80 will be Pickford laying on the ball every 2 minutes and 7 centre half’s on the pitch to protect the 1-0 lead 

Massive for Pickford , his England squad place on the line unless he jumps ship for the continent. Southgate won't select a Championship goalkeeper.

2 hours ago, TJQuik said:

And we thrashed Villa at Villa Park - across a season most teams have a big unexpected win, but ultimately if you’re on less than 40 points after 37 games then you’ve been at crap this season and won’t automatically be seen as a team that is going to win any game.

Us, Leeds and Everton have all been awful this season - we just need us to be not so awful and them to be their usual self for one more game.

On 22/05/2023 at 22:33, Dames said:

I can see us winning but also Everton winning. People slating Everton clearly must have forgotton how they ran us ragged, destroyed Brighton and dug in and got a result at the weekend. They have something we dont. Fight. They will fight for every ball rather than passively sitting back and hoping for the best. 

You'd be right in thinking that, but it's funny what pressure does in final moments. Sunday is the decider, most teams down there have toiled and despaired, mixed in with some moments of fight and ability to overcome the scrutiny.

There's every chance that failure can return at the final hurdle, but then again that's true of us as well. With us though, there's been scant evidence of showing one iota of fight or ability to stand up and be counted in crunch situations. Is the pressure off us now, in a way I think it weirdly is.

Its a high risk strategy to have planned it like this or thought anything other than a win last night was a good outcome for us but there's some fascinating nuances and sub plots to what now awaits the final round of fixtures and I think it's going to be worse than going on the Nemesis suffering from the norovirus. 

Buckle up

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Massive for Pickford , his England squad place on the line unless he jumps ship for the continent. Southgate won't select a Championship goalkeeper.

Reckon Pickford will be gone either way this summer wouldn’t surprise me if he went to spurs as they will  need a new keeper