Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Always Next Year

Is the stadium expansion now only a dream

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if it was not for our owners we would still be rambling around in the second tier of League football!!!

We were lucky that they chose to invest in our club, take a look around and explain why, why would you have chosen Leicester City to invest in and not another club, where they may have had a football history of success, but had lost their way.

We got lucky!!

No we wouldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this kind of rubbish.

They invested in two different managers that went wrong. It was Pearson who turned their investment into something. If it wasn't for Pearson we'd still be in the second tier.

The owners wanted a football club. It could have been any club but they landed with us.

And don't talk to me about being "lucky". We have always floated between the top tier and second tier. That's "lucky". We're privileged to support a club that has only played in the third tier of English football once. We are not a club like Wigan where we have done wonders to be in the top division ffs and I wish people would stop acting like we are.

Edited by Fox92
spelling
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if it was not for our owners we would still be rambling around in the second tier of League football!!!

We were lucky that they chose to invest in our club, take a look around and explain why, why would you have chosen Leicester City to invest in and not another club, where they may have had a football history of success, but had lost their way.

We got lucky!!

This is an awful opinion. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

This is an awful opinion. 

...well it is true, we got lucky!!!

The fact that Heskey and Lineker were sinking £100k of their own money into bailing us out of administration and not getting it back, just goes to show how close we were to being a Wigan or a Sunderland.

I am glad that they invested in our club, glad that we have had the success that we have had and we are looking to take this club forward with the expansion and new facilities..

I consider myself fortunate to have witnessed all this, I am not that blind that I cannot recognise without their investment we would be an also-ran.

Everyone is ranting about more investment and more money coming into the club, we do not achieve what we have done without the financial backing from KP.

21 hours ago, Fox92 said:

But what? What if we don't go up again in those years?

Some of the biggest grounds in the Country are in the football league and don't get filled. Sheffield Wednesday, PortVale, Cardiff. Don't want us to end up with a half filled big ground like this. Even Leeds never used to open parts of Elland Road up when they were in the Championship.

Port Vale? All 15k of it.

Try Middlesbrough Sunderland cov n derby 

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I thought the loan was already in place!!!

Surely it would be a debt with a payback period over a short period of time, say 5 years.

We don’t know what the loans are for. It could just be working capital…. Seeing as we lost £100m, or the training ground. 

IMO it would be likely be a totally new set of loans and financing. No way we have borrowed enough on the books currently for training ground and stadium and all facilities.

KP also own the ground and land. So you’d reasonably expect it would be them paying for it anyway… with the club paying in the very long term. See our agreement on the ground currently.

Reality is, we have no idea and probably won’t until a good 12-18 months after the project is completed. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

...no one is pumping money into those clubs, that is why they are struggling to fill them!!!

All it takes is a backer, who has an affinity to an area to choose to bankroll a sleeping giant like Sunderland and they fill those seats.

This is why, we were so lucky.

Our owners had no ties to this city, but they knew Mandaric and had a plan to get their name out their, and what better way to do so, but use the biggest game in the world to make an entrance. An astute decision by King Power, a stroke of luck for us.

18 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Agree. Why do we need so many pitches there?  The up-keep must be very expensive and I doubt some are ever used.

They will all be used on rotation and depending who we play away next.

We have all 3 different playing surfaces covered, that are used in the uk and most of the top european teams.

Having multiples of each means one can be worked on or rested as we train on another pitch.

I would also think at some point they rent it out to european teams to train at prior to euro fixtures. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...no one is pumping money into those clubs, that is why they are struggling to fill them!!!

All it takes is a backer, who has an affinity to an area to choose to bankroll a sleeping giant like Sunderland and they fill those seats.

This is why, we were so lucky.

Our owners had no ties to this city, but they knew Mandaric and had a plan to get their name out their, and what better way to do so, but use the biggest game in the world to make an entrance. An astute decision by King Power, a stroke of luck for us.

My point was Port Vale is nowhere near one of the biggest grounds outside the prem.

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Seems like ever since the stadium upgrade plan was decided things started to go wrong. Maybe someone was telling us to not push our luck. Training ground as amazing as it looks as made little difference.

It started to go wrong when they moved into the training ground. That’s when it went from a tight knit family club to a corporation where no one knows each other

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

It started to go wrong when they moved into the training ground. That’s when it went from a tight knit family club to a corporation where no one knows each other

That's also down to the manager.

A Nigel Pearson type manager would not have let it happen.

Rodgers only cared about himself.

21 minutes ago, Pita said:

The club have not invested in the team the last couple of years. So why would they expand the stadium 

Because there's 1000 tons of steel girders and 8000 plastic seats sitting in a yard somewhere that have already been ordered. I bet that dome stucture is already built somewhere as well. All the stuff required to buid a huge structure has to be ordered a couple of years in advance, it's not like popping down B&Q and getting a few bricks.

Edited by yorkie1999

16 minutes ago, Pita said:

The club have not invested in the team the last couple of years. So why would they expand the stadium 

They have but can only invest what they earn from their football revenues and that has been used to pump up the wages to enable us to buy better players to compete for a top 6 place. We then hit the FFP ceiling. Unfortunately the last 4/5 buys have not been of sufficient quality to enable that to happen even though we're paying them top rates.

We've bought badly

We've over paid players

We've extended contracts on players we're not using

We've kept players we should have sold even at a small loss

We've exclude players for reasons none of us can fathom.

Seemingly the manager lost confidence in the players and lost interest in the team.

Seemingly the players lost confidence in the manager

• Like 4

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'm guessing the funds in place are already ring-fenced for the stadium, perhaps over several years. 

The depleted squad I imagine will get replenished by outgoing player sales and wages freed up by those out of contract (Tielemans, Evans, Mendy etc). 

I don't buy that because we are relegated the expansion should be scrapped. It wouldn't make sense. 

Agreed. Expand the Stadium and scrap the Team.

41 minutes ago, Pita said:

...there are two kinds of expenditure!!!

One is Capital- this is where you can invest in infrastructure and fixed assets. This is not impacted by FFP so any monies from the owners can be used to build or maintain these properties.

Revenue Expenditure- this is where monies from merchandise (shirts, kits and all other LCFC items) are sold to the public. Gate receipts, monies taken from stadium receipts and Premier League money from the TV rights for final positions also include Sponsorship of the stadium and on our kits. - all can be used to bring in players and are very much overseen by FFP.

As you can see there are two different pots, any loan taken out against final future positions cannot be ascribed to pot 2 (monies earned through trading) therefore must be used for infrastructure, adding fixed assets, or the maintenance of such items.

The club needs to get clear of FFP and be able to spend more - to get out of the championship, or to compete in the PL.

The revenue from this expansion is the bedrock for the future of the club in any scenario. It's arguably more important than investing in the team - but that point is moot because without increased revenue, the level of investment in the team is stymied.

Guest Mee-9

No point at all. 

Same with the Hotel. Could never understand this one. Who's going to stay in a Hotel at the King Power? Paying a huge sum of money to stay miles out of the city centre when you have to walk past dozens of Premier Inns, Travelodges and better placed accomodation. 

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

I was talking relative to the divisons and I was talking about grounds that don't get filled. Sunderland have one of the biggest average attendances in the Championship, they push 40k.

But thanks for missing my point.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Because there's 1000 tons of steel girders and 8000 plastic seats sitting in a yard somewhere that have already been ordered. I bet that dome stucture is already built somewhere as well. All the stuff required to buid a huge structure has to be ordered a couple of years in advance, it's not like popping down B&Q and getting a few bricks.

The ground will be built by a building contractor and not King Power: the materials will be purchased by the contractor (or the subcontractor doing that element of the build) and the contractor will then bill KP in stages as the building progresses based on certification of what is complete.

I don't think a contractor has even been appointed yet, and no contractor would start placing orders until contracts have been signed.

Regarding turnaround times: as part of the design and pricing, there will have been engagement with the supply chain to obtain prices, so there will be plans in place by the supply chain to meet an order of this size - but I'd happily take your bet about there being a dome stucture already built!