Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

9 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

West Ham are more likely to try to negotiate the price down. They drive a hard bargain in a similar way to Spurs.

They've paid some monster fees in the past. We'll not get more than £40m for Barnes up front but we ought to get that, rather than this drag on and on with low ball offers.

• Like 1

Newcastle’s initial bid if reports are correct is £28m + £5m in add ons, I can’t see West Ham coming in with a counter offer of £25m and lower add ons, however if they do have an interest than it should mean we get closer to the £40m. I think it will end up being somewhere between £35m and £40m up front and then heavy add ons that takes the deal to around £50m dependent on individual and team success 

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They've paid some monster fees in the past. We'll not get more than £40m for Barnes up front but we ought to get that, rather than this drag on and on with low ball offers.

Not so sure myself. £35m max is more likely IMO.

Barnes is a difficult one for me. He has talent and an eye for a goal. He does not assist much and he does.not.put a shift in either. When he is good he can produce things but when average he does very little. If we can get good money I would sell otherwise keep as he will score 20 plus next season. Goals will get us back up.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, markko said:

Barnes is a difficult one for me. He has talent and an eye for a goal. He does not assist much and he does.not.put a shift in either. When he is good he can produce things but when average he does very little. If we can get good money I would sell otherwise keep as he will score 20 plus next season. Goals will get us back up.

To be fair he does absolutely have it in him to provide assists, he just seems to do it every other season

22/23 - 13 goals and 1 assist in the league - 13 goals and 3 assists in all competitions

21/22 - 6 goals and 10 assists in the league, only Trent and Salah got more assists in the league that season - 11 goals and 14 assists in all competitions

20/21 - 9 goals and 4 asssists in the league - 13 goals and 4 assists in all competitions

19/20 - 6 goals and 8 assists in the league - 7 goals and 9 assists in all competitions

18/19 - 1 goal and 2 assists in the league

Total - 35 goals and 25 assists in the league - 45 goals and 32 assists in all competitions

He isn't massively behind on assists compared to how many he has scored

• Like 4

As I have said , if you are looking for a complete player , forget it , and he won't change much now. He will score goals , he has the instinct and he could do 20 in the PL with the right team. Goalscorers are expensive so we musn't let him go for less than £40 million. Michael Owen was a worse footballer than Harvey but fetched big money in transfer deals. Our problem is we are most unlikely to find somebody with his goal threat as a replacement.

32 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

To be fair he does absolutely have it in him to provide assists, he just seems to do it every other season

22/23 - 13 goals and 1 assist in the league - 13 goals and 3 assists in all competitions

21/22 - 6 goals and 10 assists in the league, only Trent and Salah got more assists in the league that season - 11 goals and 14 assists in all competitions

20/21 - 9 goals and 4 asssists in the league - 13 goals and 4 assists in all competitions

19/20 - 6 goals and 8 assists in the league - 7 goals and 9 assists in all competitions

18/19 - 1 goal and 2 assists in the league

Total - 35 goals and 25 assists in the league - 45 goals and 32 assists in all competitions

He isn't massively behind on assists compared to how many he has scored

Sounds like his form depends heavily on our tactics at the time. I'd be very curious to see how he plays in a Pep style system. It's a shame that we're unlikely to see that. 

Barnes really should stick around and see how things go under the new manager,  till January transfer at least. Okay, he could move to a prem side cos he's more than capable but then what? hope for another move to man city or arsenal or liverpool  so he can win something. You never know, we might end up back in the prem, under a manager that plays exciting football with young players and he may regret leaving. Dropping down to the championship could just be the reset we need.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Think it was quite telling today that the number 7 was being worn by Madivadua 

Maybe, but Stolarczyk was wearing 1, which is unlikely to be his actual shirt number.

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Barnes was 'injured' lol

What are the chances that he actually does have a minor injury that will stop him passing any medical until he recovers one week after the transfer window closes? :fc:

17 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Think it was quite telling today that the number 7 was being worn by Madivadua 

Not really, I think they did similar stuff last year when certain players weren't in the squad for friendlies.