Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

46 minutes ago, 3 titles in 7 years said:

Not sad to see him go. 

I will never forgive him for his misses vs Roma in the first leg, we'd have been comfy in that second leg. That's a bit extreme as he did a lot of good for us but it summed him up for me. Hot and cold, definitely a good player.

Players are just assets and we had a squad of poor assets last season - drain the swamp.

I'd counter he completely changed that 1st leg and his work for Lookman's goal / OG kept us in the tie. Up until then we'd been dog muck. I agree though, I'm still waiting for the net to bulge on that one he ought to have buried soon after we equalised.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Say what you want about him but he will very sorely missed. Class player. A lot of idiots on twitter etc saying “great clearing out the deadwood” lol. 

So far,  we have lost our best defender on a free, and our 2 most creative players by a mile. The deadwood remains! Slightly worrying in terms of creativity. Good luck Barnes. Real shame it come to this really. Hopefully we get some decent player in now. 

We need two new players in critical positions , a creative midfielder who can compliment KDH and Winks and a new striker. Maresca seems to prefer wing backs so a double strike option with one acting as a link is probably what he is looking at. The wing backs will be critical and he may initially go with Pereira and Justin.

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Nobody club what won 2 league titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and an European trophy. Money made them into the behemoth but the myth Man City were some nothing club is wrong. 

Yeah they had history of course but Utd had turned them into backwater. Without money that may well have continued.

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

Sad indictment of our times, Barnes was probably 6 years in the making after his breakthrough to the 1st team bench, Thomas should come good this season in the Championship but Dewsbury Hall will be the next one sold unfortunately, we have a couple of future gems in Alves & Braybrooke, hopefully our new coach/manager will sort out our junior teams in the next year or so… :scarf:

I'm not sure i buy into it being a sad thing. I'm actually quite happy. We should be looking at academy talent as the sausage machine where the players should be moving on. Barnes should be playing the PL, so relegation has forced our hand here, but in reality i think he should have been looking at a move anyway. If we can be getting 10, 20 mill (and the odd 40 mill) from academy talents then its doing everything it should be.  On to the next batch of talent as you say. 

Next time he comes to the KP i will cheer him. I've seen him score some crackers, and he's been one of my favourites to watch. 

1 hour ago, 3 titles in 7 years said:

Not sad to see him go. 

I will never forgive him for his misses vs Roma in the first leg, we'd have been comfy in that second leg. That's a bit extreme as he did a lot of good for us but it summed him up for me. Hot and cold, definitely a good player.

Players are just assets and we had a squad of poor assets last season - drain the swamp.

I hate this expression, if you drain the swamp all you're left with is the shite at the bottom

It's only our best players that are leaving

Edited by MrsJohnMurphy

34 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Say what you want about him but he will very sorely missed. Class player. A lot of idiots on twitter etc saying “great clearing out the deadwood” lol. 

So far,  we have lost our best defender on a free, and our 2 most creative players by a mile. The deadwood remains! Slightly worrying in terms of creativity. Good luck Barnes. Real shame it come to this really. Hopefully we get some decent player in now. 

Errr no, Evans is no great loss. We lost him to age some time ago.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

I imagine Maddison will get heavily booed.

I'd say he was the better player for us as well.

I think fans at the King Power are quite fond of a boo.

If maddison gets booed it will be more about the comments he made and his social media fights with fans over the course of last season rather than the fact he has left. 

I doubt Barnes will get booed unless he pulls a Chilwell and has a go at the club and fans after he leaves

32 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Nobody club what won 2 league titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and an European trophy. Money made them into the behemoth but the myth Man City were some nothing club is wrong. 

They are also the joint record holders of the most Tier 2 titles. We now have the chance to go-ahead. 

6 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Don't want Newcastle to do well but their trajectory is already a given with their backing. Hope Harvey does enough to get into the Euros squad next summer.

Doubt he gets in the England squad. 

Grealish and Foden are in that position, we've just used Maddison there and Rashford should he ever turn up for England and not drop out of squads. 

Can't see it.

• Like 1

The way I see it, if that money buys us 2 really outstanding championship level players, then we have more chance of going up than if we had just kept Barnes. 

In our position it's better to weaken in one area, yet strengthen in a couple of others with the money.

• Like 1

I’ve got no ill feeling toward Harvey Barnes. he’s put up good numbers for us and will have a decent career. 

He’s always come across as

more introverted than a

Maddison though, so his relationships and the bedding in might take a little longer.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

The way I see it, if that money buys us 2 really outstanding championship level players, then we have more chance of going up than if we had just kept Barnes. 

In our position it's better to weaken in one area, yet strengthen in a couple of others with the money.

Absolutely (and i love Barnes). We have to be mindful that he would have been injured at some point and does go through cold periods. This money could go a long way.

• Like 1