Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Fecking embarrassing opening offer but does make me think both players have indicated they would join and there will be a painful week of offer, counter offer and I think it will be a done deal at somewhere between £80-£90m with a compromise agreed that Barnes will be valued higher in the deal to reduce some of the sell on to Norwich. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Fecking embarrassing opening offer but does make me think both players have indicated they would join and there will be a painful week of offer, counter offer and I think it will be a done deal at somewhere between £80-£90m with a compromise agreed that Barnes will be valued higher in the deal to reduce some of the sell on to Norwich. 

Great point 

On 14/06/2023 at 10:10, Leicesterpool said:

Is it possible to loan to a premier league club, then if we come back straight up with still got Barnes. Win, win for Barnes, stays in the premier league and has a small chance of making into the England team ahead of the euro's. Don't know if agreement could be settled, where if Leicester don't get promoted Barnes could be allowed leave for a cut price. £30 million now or offer an loan deal where if Leicester fail to get promoted in May 2014. Then his price tag is reduced to £15million for the club he's on loan with.. for if they want to purchase him. 

On the plus, at least I now know Rudkin isn't the worst possible person for the job lol

Edited by filbertway
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

It’s not gonna happen. We need to cash in on him. £50+

When has any PL club payed £50+ million for a championship player, it's never going to happen 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trooky said:

When has any PL club payed £50+ million for a championship player, it's never going to happen 

But he isnt a 'championship player' he is a PL player with a high ceiling who has just been relegated due to severe club mismanagement. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Fridgechef said:

But he isnt a 'championship player' he is a PL player with a high ceiling who has just been relegated due to severe club mismanagement. 

Barnes has to take some of the responsibility for going down too. Two assists all season (and they came in one match), is not good enough. 
He’s been far too inconsistent in the last couple of seasons. Can seem a bit one dimensional at times. I think that will put people off paying the top money. However, if you purely look at his goals last season and nothing else, then that will work in our favour.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trooky said:

Not £50m but consider inflation now.

Spurs paid £35m for Sissoko from Newcastle after their relegation and that was about 6 years ago now.

18 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

It’s not gonna happen. We need to cash in on him. £50+

but the thing is, we probably don’t. We have enough sellable assets to keep barnes if we don’t get a suitable offer. 

Next year we would still be able to get at least 15m for him. So personally i knock that number off of any offer and then consider is it worth it to sell him? 

because when you look at 40 m this way and imagine we are replacing him with. a 10 m winger like chair than it’s only 15m we are getting … got to question whether 15m for the rest of the squad is more valuable than a year of barnes. 🤔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Not £50m but consider inflation now.

Spurs paid £35m for Sissoko from Newcastle after their relegation and that was about 6 years ago now.

How long did Sissoko have on his contract?

8 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

In what way has he been inconsistent!?

image.png.3ed2d13fa9ba49ce6265a6791c654985.png

True tho you could argue looking at those stats that as a wide striker rather than a winger or midfielder, his consistent goal tally is a sign of a player that has plateaued rather than improved this key aspect of his role.