Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Not like Spurs have a reputation for being tight though or anything.

**** em. As if any ambitious player would want to go to those perennial losers. The “””big six””” team that only finishes in the top six sometimes and shares a recent trophy record with the Forest.

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

**** em. As if any ambitious player would want to go to those perennial losers. The “””big six””” team that only finishes in the top six sometimes and shares a recent trophy record with the Forest.

Whose most recent top flight win is closer to the reign of Queen Victoria than the present day.

• Haha 1

We won't sell him unless a good offer is made. Regardless of what league we are in. We have never sold players for low ball offers since KP took over. Not going to suddenly start now. He may request to leave. He has 2 years left.

Judging by previous years valuations. I'm going to guess that 40-45m would be the selling point.

I think he'll be here next season. If we get a good offer and reinvest in the squad then im happy. If he stays, I'm happy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard123 said:

We won't sell him unless a good offer is made. Regardless of what league we are in. We have never sold players for low ball offers since KP took over. Not going to suddenly start now. He may request to leave. He has 2 years left.

Judging by previous years valuations. I'm going to guess that 40-45m would be the selling point.

I think he'll be here next season. If we get a good offer and reinvest in the squad then im happy. If he stays, I'm happy.

Great post and bang on - no way he goes for cheap - win win - we get 40+m or he scores 20 next year and gets us promoted 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Saxondale said:

They’ve just got a €5m discount from the agreed post loan price on kulasevski !  I wish our board were as cute financially ! 

59 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Barnes girlfriend is pregnant and he is leaning to stay for a promotion push, 60:40 to stay according to someone in the family who works with me. Don't think they would make it up and i'm sure his agent will want a move

Barnes was generally gutted we got relegated,  this could be right, but my opinion he will leave pal, maybe more to do with club cashing in, maybe a bit of him actually wanting to go to a bigger club, maybe even villa, if I was a betting man I’d put money on him to be sold 😉

4 hours ago, jv1 said:

Great post and bang on - no way he goes for cheap - win win - we get 40+m or he scores 20 next year and gets us promoted 

A lot will depend on his pay , more or less what he has been getting , then maybe. Try to cut it and its bye bye for now.

23 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A lot will depend on his pay , more or less what he has been getting , then maybe. Try to cut it and its bye bye for now.

It's normal for a relegation clause to be added to all prem players contracts. Quite standard. He prob has a pay cut and its legally binding in his contract. All the players under contract should have this.

This said we are entitled to negotiate a bonus if we go up etc this season I'd we're pushing for him to stay.

We need someone a little more reckless to come in for barnes and madison.

Would love chelsea or man u to just have a crack at one of them. 

90 mill for the pair is what i’m hoping for as a minimum. 

Crazy really as we could have got that for mads alone last summer 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Being reported by Orstein in The Telegraph that Barnes to West Ham is in closing stages 37.5m. 

Surely the fee has to be more than that. 

Is that a record for the Championship? We might squeeze 40 but not more. Nope Ake went for 45 apparently.

Edited by An Sionnach

19 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I don't understand your point? 

The fact he has 12 months left leaves us extremely vulnerable to him being pocked off dirt cheap . 

Leiceeter can not afford to let another contact run down so they have no option to take what they can. 

If clubs would not meet 25m for Youri. They certainly ain't going north of. 40-50 for Maddison.

It makes no difference if he wants out or not we still hold Zero cards in the negotiation.  

That’s BS. The card we hold is we keep hold of him, go straight back up (yes I think he would make that much of a difference) which is worth more than any fee Maddison will bring in.

The potential return (promotion) from keeping him and letting him go for nothing could definitely be seen as worthwhile. 

You are also forgetting teams will want Maddison on they’re team, multiple clubs will be watching this situation and according to reports Ange has made Maddison one of his priorities.

Best of all players of Maddison’s calibre that are homegrown and available are like finding a needle in a haystack. 

I think we have a lot more cards than people may think.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

That’s BS. The card we hold is we keep hold of him, go straight back up (yes I think he would make that much of a difference) which is worth more than any fee Maddison will bring in.

The potential return (promotion) from keeping him and letting him go for nothing could definitely be seen as worthwhile. 

You are also forgetting teams will want Maddison on they’re team, multiple clubs will be watching this situation and according to reports Ange has made Maddison one of his priorities.

Best of all players of Maddison’s calibre that are homegrown and available are like finding a needle in a haystack. 

I think we have a lot more cards than people may think.

Unfortunately some of the cards that were Aces seem to have morphed into Jokers. 

• Like 1

Whatever happens it wouldnt surprise me for him to be sold in the last week of the transfer window and we know what happens then, chaos trying to bring people in.

Sadly we over negotiate on sales and I dont think that will change with us relegated as we need the money more than ever.

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Whatever happens it wouldnt surprise me for him to be sold in the last week of the transfer window and we know what happens then, chaos trying to bring people in.

Sadly we over negotiate on sales and I dont think that will change with us relegated as we need the money more than ever.

I expect we are planning for his departure anyway.