Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

I've always rated him. Gutted he won't be playing in a Leicester shirt. Seen as a one trick pony with no consistency. Might have helped if his team mates could have played a simple one two a bit more consistently. Plenty of players have reached the top being one trick pony's not to mention a certain title winning team. Best of luck to him.

• Like 3

I respect his stats and no doubt he has scored a lot of goals for us and important ones too. For some reason, I still see major flaws in his game though. I think we will undoubtedly miss his goal contributions, but I am also looking forward to having some different wingers join this summer, hopefully ones who can deliver a cross and beat a man. Wish Barnes well, but I do have doubts whether he will be a big success elsewhere. Happy for him to prove me wrong! 

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

That’s BS. The card we hold is we keep hold of him, go straight back up (yes I think he would make that much of a difference) which is worth more than any fee Maddison will bring in.

The potential return (promotion) from keeping him and letting him go for nothing could definitely be seen as worthwhile. 

You are also forgetting teams will want Maddison on they’re team, multiple clubs will be watching this situation and according to reports Ange has made Maddison one of his priorities.

Best of all players of Maddison’s calibre that are homegrown and available are like finding a needle in a haystack. 

I think we have a lot more cards than people may think.

...I totally understand the reason why you would be willing to take the risk, but at 27/28 years old, where is the resale value to a prospective buyer!!!

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Whatever happens it wouldnt surprise me for him to be sold in the last week of the transfer window and we know what happens then, chaos trying to bring people in.

Sadly we over negotiate on sales and I dont think that will change with us relegated as we need the money more than ever.

#WelcomeAndros

Keeping things within scope, we really need to sell before we can buy. Time keeps ticking so selling our so called more valued assets with less than two days before the window closes, would be a disaster and put more stress on that wonky fax machine.

25 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Soon we will be a completely flightless bird. Turkey? Stuffed by Christmas. Dodo - extinct. 

Hope Enzo knows a few good wingers, we’re going to need a few. 🤣

Gerrrimbackin

We haven’t had a RW for about 6 years and some of our fans take exception with Barnes lol 

There aren’t many good wingers out there, he scores more than almost all of them (in the best league in the world).

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Bonkers that so many Leicester fans underrate Barnes

Like many of the great players we've had over the last 10 years or so, yes he has some flaws, but those flaws are precisely why we've been able to enjoy them for so long, without them they'd be a shoe-in for the Top 4 sides and would have been whisked away from us much earlier. 

Also don't forget, he's only now 25. 

We've had 5 years to replace Mahrez with a player even half as good and not managed it. Once Barnes has gone and we've got no winger in the squad I think people will realise how good he was. 

This is it. He's scored 45 goals in 187 appearances for us - just under one in four games. That's a very good strike rate for a winger. If he were pulling those kind of stats and also offering a solid 8/10 performance in all other aspects of his game every week, he'd have left us several years ago. We know as well as any club how difficult it can be to replace a talented winger who leaves, so it's surprising that so many of our fans fail to comprehend how valuable he is to us. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I expect we are planning for his departure anyway.

Deep down do you truly believe that? they couldnt even plan properly to keep us in the Premier League. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shailen said:

I'd love for him to stay more than Maddison. He'd tear up this league for fun. 

Said it before, if we can shift other dead wood that allows us to keep him financially, I'd make him stay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/06/2023 at 17:01, Joe90lcfc said:

Barnes was generally gutted we got relegated,  this could be right, but my opinion he will leave pal, maybe more to do with club cashing in, maybe a bit of him actually wanting to go to a bigger club, maybe even villa, if I was a betting man I’d put money on him to be sold 😉

Can't say he looked massively gutted and didn't play like it the last few weeks.

Lot of paper talk about Moyes being interested??

4 hours ago, Brenfox said:

#WelcomeAndros

That is not funny as Leicester Life are not shy at paying out Pension Top ups to has been crocks.

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We've had 5 years to replace Mahrez with a player even half as good and not managed it. Once Barnes has gone and we've got no winger in the squad I think people will realise how good he was. 

...we have seen this team play without Barnes and we had to change everything!!!

When we had Lookman who would take over the left side if Barnes was not available, we looked even better.  He wa a lot more attacking,  taking up very good positions and generally being a better option than Barnes.

Rodgers had little interest in the right-side, so long as he could put a block on that side then he was happy.  Put a competent manager, who understands the use of wingers and you will get a more balanced team.

There is a lot of players out there who could fulfill the brief. 

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Well that bloke who’s the scout for Villa recons today he’s heard from a very reliable source that  Barnes to Villa is almost a done deal didn’t mention how much but off to the Vile !

Who is that bloke?