Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

I can see us playing hard ball on Barnes.

He may even start the season with us.

Hopefully puts in a few good performances, and bumps up the price quite a bit, for the desperate teams to come in for him late.

We need to be a bit more savvy imo

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

You think he’s only worth £10m for us over the next year? Promotion is worth an estimated £135m if we get immediately relegated again, estimated £260m if you don’t go straight back down. He gets double figures in the prem, he’d be the best player in the league with us arguably. 

He is worth a lot of money to us if we aren’t forced to sell him, imo. Shouldn’t go for less than £50m if he isn’t kicking off/wages aren’t too high/can’t sell others.  Lots of ifs there admittedly. 

What I mean is, even if we don't come up he's worth £25m next summer as I suspect he gets 30 goal contributions next season. I can see why we'd cash in this summer though and it's got to be at least £35m but I'd hope for £40-45m.

33 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Let's say we could receive £40 million for Harvey. Or we could receive £40 million by managing to sell, let's say, Soumare, Timmy Chestnuts, Dennis and Kelechi, which bundle would you take?

Arghhh not Kelechi, can we get £30m and keep him and Barnes?!

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Why do you think we need £100m?

If so, surely we actually need more than that as we are spending the money on new players

We have a wage bill of 80m a year. And, seeing as we have already spunked the parachute money, we need to raise 80m net just to cover the player wages. 

I'm gonna take a wild guess that Top is financing the fees of incoming transfers by covering the parachute money himself. But we'll assume he isn't 

And I'm gonna guess losing Youri, Mendy, Dan, Perez, Bertrand has saved us 12m a year. 

Madders wage no net saving, as it'll now be spent on Winks and Coady

So right now, by that, assumption 

That's

-80m

+35m Madders (net)

+12m wages saved from out of contracts

-18m on winks and Coady

Leaves 51m still needing to be raised, assuming no intervention from the board

Edited by Paninistickers

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We have a wage bill of 80m a year. And, seeing as we have already spunked the parachute money, we need to raise 80m net just to cover the player wages. 

I'm gonna take a wild guess that Top is financing the fees of incoming transfers by covering the parachute money himself. But we'll assume he isn't 

And I'm gonna guess losing Youri, Mendy, Dan, Perez, Bertrand has saved us 12m a year. 

That's

-80m

+35m Madders (net)

-18m on winks and Coady

Is that the wage bill after 35-50% wage cuts for those who are still on our books as well?

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

That's

-80m

+35m Madders (net)

-18m on winks and Coady

Remember that wages automatically reduce on relegation. From what we've been told, by 35-50%

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

We have a wage bill of 60m a year. And, seeing as we have already spunked the parachute money, we need to raise 80m net just to cover the player wages. 

That's

-80m

+35m Madders (net)

-18m on winks and Coady

The fees are divided (amortisation) over the length of a contract so if they both sign 4-year contracts there will only be 4.5m against this season's books 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Remember that wages automatically reduce on relegation. From what we've been told, by 35-50%

Does that include Rudkin and all the surviving coaching staff? Or are they totally exonerated from blame and the consequences of our relegation?  I presume this will be referenced in the Report on last season, once issued by the Board and forwarded to the Foxes Trust?

If Buendia cost 40m, then that should be our minimum sell point for an English player that is much better.  

He'd do well there with Bowen on the other side of the pitch I think. He just needs to improve defensive workrate and stop daydreaming. 

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Does that include Rudkin and all the surviving coaching staff? Or are they totally exonerated from blame and the consequences of our relegation?  I presume this will be referenced in the Report on last season, once issued by the Board and forwarded to the Foxes Trust?

They get off completely scott free, as tou would expect. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

They get off completely scott free, as tou would expect. 

What a great gig.  Why would you expect out of interest??

10 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Percy already confirmed maddinson wages would have dropped by 50% - Guess vardy has as well 

8 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Barnes is too good for the Championship. No way he stays with us. We can hold tight with this one though and get a proper deal of 50m. 

Exactly why we should be trying to keep him imo.

We'd still make money on him this time next year even if you knock off £10 mill of value. Promotion is of more value. 

I do think he's gone though. 

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I'm struggling to compute that these teams who we've lorded it over for years are now parasitic vermin slashing over our carcass. Villa. West Ham ffs. 

Tis what it is and a good reminder not just for football - but for life in general - that 'This too shall pass' etc etc

Just gotta suck it up 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Why do you think we need £100m?

If so, surely we actually need more than that as we are spending the money on new players

I’m thinking 100m to take into account the purchases. we’re making 

if we weren’t spending much then we’d probably be ok at 70/75m 

Barnes is not madders though 

I would expect other clubs to be interested if this gains some momentum. 

2 hours ago, jv1 said:

40m will be enough to get this done if there is real interest- id like him to stay but dont think we would turn that down- is it just me though- I cant see west ham paying 40m for him at all- as per someone else post above price point will be very interesting as we dont NEED to sell and still got 2 yrs

...we may not need to sell, but this is the point where we look to offload or he signs a new contract!!!

To maximise our assets we will have to work in this fashion and you can bet fans are not going to like seeing top-quality players leaving because they are at the 2 seasons to go mark.

For self-sustainability, we will have to offload now or sign a new contract.

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anything less than £35m and keep him for a season and sell for £25m next summer.

May even agree a new contract if we go up, so completely agree. 

I would want a similar deal to what we’ve just got for Maddison but would be okay with the initial fee being £35m.

Be interesting to see how much Harvey pushes for this considering its the euro’s next summer.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Wasn't it rumoured the club refuse to do business with West Ham after Karren Brady's comments following Claudio's sacking?

I think our stance has softened since the game in 2018.