Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Just now, Foxes96 said:

Then we just don’t sell surely? Unless we have to.. 

Should set our stall out for £50m, and then anything around £40m with add ons would do

I hope we can play it tough, but I worry the Championship stigma drops price far more than I hoped, but Maddison was different being the in the last year I guess

If both Harvey and Maddison has 2 years left, would Maddison have gone for more? I think definitely, 100%

So I just am not sure if the extra year for Harvey offsets the higher base value of Maddison.  :dunno:

• Like 1

Having seen Madders go cheaply I wouldn’t accept less than £50 million cash for him. Forget add ons and a pathetic offer. We need to be adding wingers not selling and he would probably get 15 goals plus in Championship.He did well for WBA but he is a far better player now

Play hardball.

If Gordon is £45M, then Barnes is worth over £50M. 2 years left on his contract and the kind of player that wouldn’t kick up a fuss if he had to stay.

If we can shift others, Like Castagne, Soumare, Vestergaard, Praet etc then it lessens the need to sell Barnes and strengthens our position.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Play hardball.

If Gordon is £45M, then Barnes is worth over £50M. 2 years left on his contract and the kind of player that wouldn’t kick up a fuss if he had to stay.

If we can shift others, Like Castagne, Soumare, Vestergaard, Praet etc then it lessens the need to sell Barnes and strengthens our position.

Now there in lies the problem.

Edited by MGLCFC

19 hours ago, Viva said:

Maddison has far more to his game than Barnes though for me. He scores a similar amount of goals, but is a lot more creative. When Barnes is not on it, he can have very poor games. 

sounds like maddison to me, goes missing just as often as Barnes

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

The article just says that West Ham want Barnes. It says nothing about our willingness to sell him nor his desire to move. 

Don't let facts get in the way of fiction!! 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Play hardball.

Gordon is 22 so can be sold for a big whack in four years 

Barnes is 25 so his next sale has a ceiling 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Gordon is 22 so can be sold for a big whack in four years 

Barnes is 25 so his next sale has a ceiling 

but compared the numbers, Barnes regards of age sure but youd say hes in his prime so rightly we should be asking for £45mil+

and as for Gordon, i cant see him going for big money in the next 4 yrs, looked very average at times

It's possible we could hold West Ham to ransom on this one, we've sold Maddison for a quite sum. So the asking price for Barnes we can stretch out. Won't be surprised if West Ham will trying bidding as low as £25million, let's try 60million. Make it known we're not looking to sell. Nothing coming out of the Barnes camp yet, he's asking to leave. If they want him then get to tempt us. We don't sell Barnes the win, win. Got a quality player in the championship sell him late on in the window then huge profit coming our way, but must allow enough time to get a replacement in. 

If we can afford his wages and he isn't going to go full Mahrez, I'd be willing to take the hit on the larger fee this season, keep him to help us go up, then sell him to an actual top 10 team with a year left on his contract if he still wants to leave.

• Like 1