Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

West Ham could still be favourites for relegation next year, the may have won the conference league but their league form was poor. 8 wins all season if i heard right?

Edit: just checked only 11. still not great.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Why would he go to West Ham. They're quite average and just sold their best player.

He can do much better for himself by staying and waiting for one of the big clubs after a good season burning up the championship.

They're a Premiership side and will offer him better wages now. I agree that WH probably won't pull up trees, but I can't see the likes of Man City or Pool going for Barnes either.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Why would he go to West Ham. They're quite average and just sold their best player.

He can do much better for himself by staying and waiting for one of the big clubs after a good season burning up the championship.

They are a Premier League club playing in Europe next season! He would also earn a lot more money! Quite obvious why he would probably want to move on. 

West Ham are about his level. They should improve on last season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

They're a Premiership side and will offer him better wages now. I agree that WH probably won't pull up trees, but I can't see the likes of Man City or Pool going for Barnes either.

You just beat me to it! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

West Ham are a big club, they regularly sellout their stadium 60,000. They are also one of the great underachievers in the PL. Wrong managers , poor recruitment , they remain a mystery but perhaps they are moving in the right direction. They need a goalscorer , Antonio and Ings are probably past their best. Harvey is a one dimensional footballer but is now a consistent goalscorer. He is a poor fit in a team like Liverpool or Arsenal but West Ham who like to break quickly could suit him well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

West Ham are a big club, they regularly sellout their stadium 60,000. They are also one of the great underachievers in the PL. Wrong managers , poor recruitment , they remain a mystery but perhaps they are moving in the right direction. They need a goalscorer , Antonio and Ings are probably past their best. Harvey is a one dimensional footballer but is now a consistent goalscorer. He is a poor fit in a team like Liverpool or Arsenal but West Ham who like to break quickly could suit him well.

27 minutes ago, Viva said:

You just beat me to it! 

31 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Agreed they are  Premier league but only just. Without Rice they're pretty average.

Granted would give them an edge and score goals. But I still think he has more upside if he stays.

We could certainly use him in the Championship. I'm sure we can match anything WH can pay offer him on a new Contract. 

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

No, they are not a big club it really is as simple as that. They have a stadium they did not pay for ( the British taxpayers did )  and because they are a London club with a big ground fill it with tourists a bit like a poor man's Tottenham.Like a cheap tribute act to a real big club.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

No, they are not a big club it really is as simple as that. They have a stadium they did not pay for ( the British taxpayers did )  and because they are a London club with a big ground fill it with tourists a bit like a poor man's Tottenham.Like a cheap tribute act to a real big club.

Are Man City a big club? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Are Man City a big club? 

I don't belive so.  They have no history of greatness, like Utd, Liverpool, etc. As much as I hate UTD.

City have bought their position with their greater spending power.  What's worse is the league allowed them to do it.

The Premiership are failing Fans continuely by allowing it to continue. Instead of allowing them and Chelsea outspend everyone else, They should be made spend less to level up the league.

This is why our League win was such an achievement, unlikely to be repeated. 

• Like 1

Can we really afford to keep a £40-50million player/asset on our books now we are in the Championship? 

He may be OK with staying, but I wouldn't be surprised if Top and Rudkin are looking to cash in on him to ease the financial shock of relegation. 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Chance to get in the England squad with the Euros next summer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Are Man City a big club? 

Depends on how you rate Bigness I suppose. In terms of winning the premier league F.A Cup and champions league in the same season then they are only second to Man United to have done the treble. No other team has managed to equal Man United in that respect. I guess in a success-driven game then yes they are and look likely to continue to be. The size of a ground or fan base counts for nothing if you regularly win nothing, Tottenham being the prime example. So would you say Tottenham is a bigger club than Man City? I know for sure they are bigger than poxy little West Ham.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

West Ham by any metric are not a big club. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Viva said:

They are a Premier League club playing in Europe next season! He would also earn a lot more money! Quite obvious why he would probably want to move on. 

West Ham are about his level. They should improve on last season. 

Also the London lavish lifestyle. He also probably relishes a new challenge. Hope he stays though.

As a visitor to this website, I will remain respectful. I am a West Ham fan and we are relatively big club in response to a post above. We actually have 52,000 season-ticket holders on a waiting list of more than 30,000. Barnes would suit us and I believe help us become a regular top-10 team. We’re certainly big enough, I hope you guys come up next season. I think you’ll run away with the championship. Good luck and thanks for sending us Barnes