Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Why would he go to West Ham. They're quite average and just sold their best player.

He can do much better for himself by staying and waiting for one of the big clubs after a good season burning up the championship.

He’s got more chance of shining at an average top flight club rather than slumming it in tier 2.He goes off the radar if he stays at Leicester.If he scores 20 Championship goals next season so what.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Huge fanbase.Huge stadium (that they fill)

Well, it wasn’t exactly their stadium, was it? Still not sure how they wangled it. So that just leaves them with a slightly bigger fanbase than ours - and a lot less recent silverware. 

4 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Well, it wasn’t exactly their stadium, was it? Still not sure how they wangled it. So that just leaves them with a slightly bigger fanbase than ours - and a lot less recent silverware. 

You mean like a European trophy…….oh hang on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Oh no a case of my football club is bigger than yours...

To think that within 3 years we've gone from missing out on CL twice on the last day of the season, after spending more time in the top 4 over a 2 year period than any other team including Man City, to losing our best players to the likes of Villa and West Ham. :(

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

He couldn’t get in the England team when he was in the Premier League 

True, But I think that's more to do with Southgate that Barnes abilty. He continues to pick Grelish who doesn't have what Maddison has.

That's the ability to beat a man on either side and the pace to get away from him. Barnes would also score more goals than Grelish. 

51 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I agree the whole stadium thing is unfair.End of the day they fill it.Their fanbase isn’t slightly bigger than ours it’s significantly bigger.

Has anyone considered that he might not want to go to West Ham? Not exactly commuteable from woodhouse eves and from what I gather (guess) is that his partner doesn’t want to move. Still people will say money talks so feck it I’ll wildly speculate myself and say he will move for £35 Million with add ons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

Our success made us famous but not a major club. We could be but that requires a bigger stadium and a different attitude. This city has long been very reticent to push itself , hence clubs like Forest, Villa and often even Derby have stolen the headlines.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

You mean like a European trophy…….oh hang on

Third tier against much easier teams than we faced. Congratulations to them though. They can only beat what’s put in front of them. 

Edited by An Away Move

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Our success made us famous but not a major club. We could be but that requires a bigger stadium and a different attitude. This city has long been very reticent to push itself , hence clubs like Forest, Villa and often even Derby have stolen the headlines.

The club has bumped itself up a.notch in the pecking order in the perception of other fans, the media and football fans overseas. Previously we were a palace,. Middlesbrough, Norwich, west Brom. 

Now we are treated more like Leeds,.Villa, West Ham (tho they all have a higher ceiling than us)  

However a.large part of our supporter base can't compute this. The Leicester psyche takes self deprecation to inhuman levels. We'll never kick on as a club whilst the city itself has such low self esteem.  Shite innit? - we fcked it up -  Typical us - Woe is me - It looks like rain -Never mind. 

I don't think I've ever met anyone in the world as self critical of their hometown and football club as Leicester people are.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

More then slightly pal. There fan base is bigger by quite a way tbf 

I know Southgate is ****ing useless but pretending Barnes is good enough to play for England with the other options available in his position is a bit silly.

Playing in the championship for a full season (and potentially more) is also very damaging to a player's career. That's why the only people who will be staying with us are either too old or too shite to go elsewhere. Barnes is probably keen on leaving even if it's somewhere a bit tinpot like west ham.

Edited by TJQuik

9 hours ago, Ironmike said:

As a visitor to this website, I will remain respectful. I am a West Ham fan and we are relatively big club in response to a post above. We actually have 52,000 season-ticket holders on a waiting list of more than 30,000. Barnes would suit us and I believe help us become a regular top-10 team. We’re certainly big enough, I hope you guys come up next season. I think you’ll run away with the championship. Good luck and thanks for sending us Barnes 

To be honest, West Ham are only more fashionable due to being from London. The free stadium helps of course. We for example, have been much more successful than you have but because we are a ‘provincial club’, have never been taken seriously by the media or wider football world.

Id be very surprised if all things being equal, I.e given the same size ground to fill and playing at a similar level (as we have been a the last few years), that you would be better followed than us.

I do agree Barnes would be excellent for you and immediately become one of your better players. He would suit you as he is similar to Bowen. 

That last bit smacks of arrogance by the way….last I saw it was a rumour and there’s hardly been any indications he’s pushing for the move. Villa would probably be much more appealing for him, and Newcastle. 

8 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Has anyone considered that he might not want to go to West Ham? Not exactly commuteable from woodhouse eves and from what I gather (guess) is that his partner doesn’t want to move. Still people will say money talks so feck it I’ll wildly speculate myself and say he will move for £35 Million with add ons. 

That’s a very good guess. I concur. But maybe £34 million with add ons.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

To be honest, West Ham are only more fashionable due to being from London. The free stadium helps of course. We for example, have been much more successful than you have but because we are a ‘provincial club’, have never been taken seriously by the media or wider football world.

Id be very surprised if all things being equal, I.e given the same size ground to fill and playing at a similar level (as we have been a the last few years), that you would be better followed than us.

I do agree Barnes would be excellent for you and immediately become one of your better players. He would suit you as he is similar to Bowen. 

That last bit smacks of arrogance by the way….last I saw it was a rumour and there’s hardly been any indications he’s pushing for the move. Villa would probably be much more appealing for him, and Newcastle. 

Mate - where are we getting 52k season ticket holders and a waiting list of 30k ??

Wrt to fanbase, they are well clear of our ceiling

8 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I can’t imagine he particularly does. Of course he will if it’s premier league football and pay. If the three interested parties are West Ham, Villa and Newcastle, I reckon his preference would be;

1 - Villa - more local and more upwardly mobile than West Ham with a higher ceiling.

2 - Newcastle - higher ceiling than Villa but not local.

3 - West Ham - Not local or at the level of the other two.