Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

53 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think it’s pretty rare nowadays that players are that emotionally attached to clubs. Grealish, Gordon, all homegrown and left soon as they could. Barnes will be no different 

Always been the case. Gary Lineker was a complete City fan but moved as soon as he could.

I think Footballers can pretty easy separate their career from their team.

I dont think he'll be sold that cheap. I think us accepting a low figure for Maddison, means people think we're having a fire sale. With the money that West Ham have fleeced Arsenal for, I doubt Barnes goes for less than 45-50M.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Always been the case. Gary Lineker was a complete City fan but moved as soon as he could.

I think Footballers can pretty easy separate their career from their team.

Yeah and I wouldn’t blame them. Don’t often get a Vardy that rejects an arsenal to stay here. Hence the legendary status 

As much as i’d love for barnes to stay, i really don’t think he will fit what maresca is likely to want. 

Id be extremely surprised if we used traditional wingers. And where would that leave barnes?  

Maybe in behind the striker? but overall he might be a square peg in the new system. 

Maybe in a left cam role? 

jv

barnes.                cam

dlp.         dlp 

wb                                   wb

cb.     cb.   cb.  

A good problem to have either way 

4 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think it’s pretty rare nowadays that players are that emotionally attached to clubs. Grealish, Gordon, all homegrown and left soon as they could. Barnes will be no different 

...I would say that Grealish is!!!

It made no sense for him to be plying his trade with Villa when a team with a coach such as Man. City and Pep have enquired about his availability!!!

I would still say that he is a Villa supporter, much like Vardy is a Wednesday supporter. Common sense has to be factored into these moves, it is not an easy choice for some players, but such is their talent, it needs to be pushed to its fullest.

Relax comrades,  Dufkin will rinse West Rice United for something in the region of 10m. Then we can go and sign Danny Drinkwater and Theo Walcott plus pay Jesse Lingard 150k a week. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Relax comrades,  Dufkin will rinse West Rice United for something in the region of 10m. Then we can go and sign Danny Drinkwater and Theo Walcott plus pay Jesse Lingard 150k a week. 

Think you will find that “Drinkie” is still busy on his life’s work

IMG_0540.thumb.jpeg.41c1f4f76828c3be69c41569280e193e.jpeg

And to be fair, his life’s work does not seem to in vain. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Think you will find that “Drinkie” is still busy on his life’s work

IMG_0540.thumb.jpeg.41c1f4f76828c3be69c41569280e193e.jpeg

And to be fair, his life’s work does not seem to in vain. 

Sponsored by the Turkish place that sewed his new fringe in

• Haha 2

On 30/06/2023 at 21:27, Ironmike said:

As a visitor to this website, I will remain respectful. I am a West Ham fan and we are relatively big club in response to a post above. We actually have 52,000 season-ticket holders on a waiting list of more than 30,000. Barnes would suit us and I believe help us become a regular top-10 team. We’re certainly big enough, I hope you guys come up next season. I think you’ll run away with the championship. Good luck and thanks for sending us Barnes 

cheers, hope you get relegated and have to move out of your tax-payer funded stadium.

• Haha 1

On 30/06/2023 at 21:27, Ironmike said:

As a visitor to this website, I will remain respectful. I am a West Ham fan and we are relatively big club in response to a post above. We actually have 52,000 season-ticket holders on a waiting list of more than 30,000. Barnes would suit us and I believe help us become a regular top-10 team. We’re certainly big enough, I hope you guys come up next season. I think you’ll run away with the championship. Good luck and thanks for sending us Barnes 

What you doing on here?.. 

You should be out continuing to celebrate that huge European Cup success. 

Has Moyes calmed down yet after winning such a prestigious trophy? 

Massive achievement for a Massive club 😂😂

11 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Seems like a trustworthy ITK, I don't know if it's the single letter name or the lcfcdotcom that does it, but I find myself compelled to believe everything they say. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Harvey is our last player of any real value , so a new era starts . Selling players for big money is about to end if he goes.

Agreed, and that’s why it’s important that alongside these more experienced signings we recruit some young gems for future sell on or else the business model falls apart 

• Like 1

It will be sad to see him go.

We finished last season with four from the academy starting.   I doubt we'll see many more starts from Iversen.  Thomas won't be ready  to start the season.   Hopefully, KDH will have a blinding season.  

While Hamza is back, it seems a lot of people think he won't feature.

Hopefully,  we'll see a couple more come through this season.

Considering Barnes is our last valuable asset, I'd be content to see him transferred for £40/45 million. With that income, we could secure Borges from Man City, a very direct left winger, and also invest in a creative player in the mould of Maddison. Both these acquisitions could aid our promotion chances and also prove to be valuable assets for future resale.

However, we should also be cautious to not overload our squad with too many inexperienced players who lack actual senior level football so a Maddison style player could come from championship. Alex Scott would be the dream from Bristol City.

Edited by les-tah

Barnes gets 15-20 goals in the Championship and would be key to promotion hopes.

Sell and its a bit of a lottery to what we'll recruit in comparative quality.

Would prefer to keep.

• Like 3