Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

47 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Considering Barnes is our last valuable asset, I'd be content to see him transferred for £40/45 million. With that income, we could secure Borges from Man City, a very direct left winger, and also invest in a creative player in the mould of Maddison. Both these acquisitions could aid our promotion chances and also prove to be valuable assets for future resale.

However, we should also be cautious to not overload our squad with too many inexperienced players who lack actual senior level football so a Maddison style player could come from championship. Alex Scott would be the dream from Bristol City.

Alex Scott would cost about £25m and has plenty of Premier League interest... no chance he comes here.

2 hours ago, DylanTBA said:

Alex Scott would cost about £25m and has plenty of Premier League interest... no chance he comes here.

I think it would hinder his development tbf the lads good but not ready for full premier league season and wouldn’t even start at top 6 clubs.

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

West Ham are relegation fodder without Rice,so add ons won't materialise.

Insert a clause that if they get relegated and we go up we get a buyback for half the price. BOOYA!

Edited by JimJams

19 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Going to West Ham.

Its looking that way.

Decent bet to get relegated IMO

Our Brendaesque soft lad players tolerated his greediness and non team play as did some of our supporters as he dined out on being 'one of our own'

He's stepping up to a mans game, he'll need to change.

• Haha 1

On 01/07/2023 at 17:28, Dahnsouff said:

Think you will find that “Drinkie” is still busy on his life’s work

IMG_0540.thumb.jpeg.41c1f4f76828c3be69c41569280e193e.jpeg

And to be fair, his life’s work does not seem to in vain. 

What a comeback that is. Hairline was gone in 2013

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JimJams said:

Insert a clause that if they get relegated and we go up we get a buyback for half the price. BOOYA!

If he decides to leave because we are in championship I wouldn’t want him back 

On 28/06/2023 at 08:09, Koke said:

Give me Maddison goals and assists contribution to whatever King contributed in his Premier League years. These two players are not on the same level. King doesn't touch our all time 11. Maddison is in the conversation at least.

14 minutes ago, bluebloodedfox said:

Know a family member of his -

West Ham, Newcastle, spurs & villa contacted 

doesn’t want to go to London point blank - if he does it’s not through him picking 

wants to stay however wages and fee are wanted by the club 

I think villa logistically are his preferred option 

Really hope we keep him, and we can sell other dross instead. 

Would keep him. If we can offload the likes of Castagne/ Ndidi/ Praet, maybe Kelechi this summer that should cover the shortfall. Whereas Barnes would still have some resale value next summer, so could be sold then if we don’t go up. 

Would be happy with the below if we do go 3 atb. 

Trafford 

Souttar - Coady - Faes 

Ricardo - Winks - KDH - Kristiansen 

Piroe  -  Daka  -  Barnes 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bluebloodedfox said:

Know a family member of his -

West Ham, Newcastle, spurs & villa contacted 

doesn’t want to go to London point blank - if he does it’s not through him picking 

wants to stay however wages and fee are wanted by the club 

I think villa logistically are his preferred option 

If this is true, I'd rather we be looking at pushing Vardy out the door. Larger wages, less value and I think Barnes would offer a lot more over the season. 

Love Vardy, but we don't have to be loyal to him, we have to look to the future. If we can keep both, great.

• Like 1