Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

26 minutes ago, westernpark said:

He’s a Man U fan, because he was born in Nottingham. 

Why does this matter or mean he’s a Man Utd fan? I was born in Nottingham, pains me every time I see it on my passport! But if that’s the closest hospital to where your family home is, even if that’s in Leicestershire then that’s what it is.

KDH is from Shepshed which is well and truly in Leicestershire. My experience of Shepshed is that they are pretty good at supporting Leicester there!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Someone posted on here that he isn’t an Lcfc boyhood fan 

does anyone actually know ? 

Further, does anyone actually care? 

Couldn't care who they grew up supporting as long as they give their all on the pitch 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Further, does anyone actually care? 

Couldn't care who they grew up supporting as long as they give their all on the pitch 

at a young age it probably does make a difference to their attitude as to whether they want to stay and fight for the club in its current predicament or to get a move elsewhere 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

at a young age it probably does make a difference to their attitude as to whether they want to stay and fight for the club in its current predicament or to get a move elsewhere 

He grew up in Shepshed and joined the club at age 8. You can’t really get that attached to a club much before that age anyway so even if as a 6 year old, he was watching Man Utd or someone on Sky, Leicester will have taken over in his head surely. It’s not like someone who joins the academic when they are like 16. And as @UniFox21says, who cares! 

Anyway, it feels more like one of those things that someone has just made up on here to stick the boot into him, similar to the one about Thomas wanting to leave. Fortunately for Thomas, he has a relative on here who has put that straight. 

I feel sorry for Alves and Braybrooke as they will be next when they break through.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Someone posted on here that he isn’t an Lcfc boyhood fan 

does anyone actually know ? 

He's gone on record as saying a lot of his family are Man Utd fans but stopped short confirming he was, plenty have said he was growing up though.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Piper went because the club needed the money,  using guilt to help push him through the door, not about the wages being offered elsewhere!!!

My comment was not to do with Barnes being interested in a move because of wages.

Just stating he’s not overly pressing to leave but the London clubs have mentioned that they would be willing to pay more than either Villa or Newcastle. Two seperate statements rather than interlinked. 

@LCFCJohn if you’re a supporter of a club then you know how deep it runs - even at a young age 

Kiernan undoubtedly loves the club because he’s been here since he was 8 but if he’s grown up with a yanited household and as a yanited fan then I wouldn’t expect him to be ’bothered’ enough to stop him moving on.  I would add that he’s a few years older than Luke so in a slightly different place career wise. His agent will be giving him advice and I would expect him to be listening. He’s 25 now so I wouldn’t expect his emotional allegiances to play any part in his decisions.  With that in mind it was a bit stupid of me to re open this particular can of worms ! 

1 hour ago, Whys it always me said:

He doesn’t take it personally he just gets on with it. it frustrates me more than him. As some of the shit he has to deal with is unacceptable.

as I’ve said before I’m not here to try to influence people to think he’s good or not  but I will correct some of the shit the people make up on here about him. 

He is away with England and just helped them get through to the final which hopefully they win and his focus is rightly there at the minute. Hell then have a short break and return to Leicester but as I said I think he’s already on the back foot slightly so will have that challenge to deal with but I know he’s up for it. 

Good to hear this. Was told he was utterly broken by relegation and not particularly the best company for his other half on holiday 😂

23 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Oh yes we do!

The more the merrier. It was a lack of serious alternative bidders that meant we had to accept an initial £40M for Madders

.. if the player is reluctant to go to London, then we actually only have Villa and Newcastle!!!

It does not matter how much the London clubs choose to offer in transfer fee, if the player is not willing to go there.

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

My comment was not to do with Barnes being interested in a move because of wages.

Just stating he’s not overly pressing to leave but the London clubs have mentioned that they would be willing to pay more than either Villa or Newcastle. Two seperate statements rather than interlinked. 

West Ham are not noted for being super big payers. I think there is talk of Bowen going up to 130k which would make him the top earner there. 
If Villa and Newcastle aren’t willing to pay him six figures then he’s probably being advised to hang around another year (which suits his personal circumstances) and to take a move next summer when his fee will be lower and he can manipulate that drop into his package. 
Of course that risks his stock dropping markedly if we have a poor campaign. 

Just now, Fox92 said:

He's not going anywhere is he, I'm preparing for him to be playing for us next month.

We are gonna have to wait for the transfer domino effect to kick in I think. None of us would be surprised if he leaves, but it’s also not out of the question that he starts for us against Cov. What will be most annoying for me is that he starts with us, has a great start and then someone comes in for him. 

• Like 2

Think there was article on fosse way about Barnes which summarised it quite well; we let Barnes down not the other way round.

He always did end of bargain, played like a player who should play for team that finished 8th. Had moments when unplayable and then some more crap moments.

But always played like he wanted to be here, didn’t kick up fuss and content playing for Leicester. In modern era very rare have player very happy to just continue playing for his club, it’s quite sweet really. Clearly loved playing for Leicester and living in the county.

Was perfect player for us for next 5 years in prem especially with increased economic dominance of big 7. Perhaps lack of ambition will hold him back, but was suited to us.

Will always be very fond of Harvey, was my favourite player in this current crop. And surely we can all agree of players who could move to European sides he handled himself the best by country mile

• Like 3

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

@LCFCJohn if you’re a supporter of a club then you know how deep it runs - even at a young age 

Kiernan undoubtedly loves the club because he’s been here since he was 8 but if he’s grown up with a yanited household and as a yanited fan then I wouldn’t expect him to be ’bothered’ enough to stop him moving on.  I would add that he’s a few years older than Luke so in a slightly different place career wise. His agent will be giving him advice and I would expect him to be listening. He’s 25 now so I wouldn’t expect his emotional allegiances to play any part in his decisions.  With that in mind it was a bit stupid of me to re open this particular can of worms ! 

I get your points. Where I was coming from is that I know loads of kids from school etc who supported the ‘big clubs’ and over the years lose interest in that and are down at the likes of Leicester/Forest regularly. So I guess my point was that I don’t think you can build an attachment with a big club from another part of the country like you can with your home town club like we have. 

So I don’t think being a ‘Utd’ fan at age 5 or whatever, is an issue for us. I mean it’s hardly like they are going to come in for him. 

Id agree that emotional allegiances probably don’t play much of a part for many players now. The rumours Barnes would be keen to stay are surprising. 

With KDH, the main point I would think is that we are pretty much his level. I can’t see him moving to a higher club long term.

I think it just annoys me if people are using it as a stick to beat him with. He’s been the most committed in my view, even if not the most naturally talented.

10 hours ago, Whys it always me said:

He’s away with England at the minute but he will be a fair few weeks behind the rest of the squad in terms of understanding the way the new manager plays and system. 

I know he was looking forward to the challenge ahead so it will be interesting to see if the new manager rates him or not. 

Clearly some of the fans don’t rate him 😂

I remember him being particularly fond of a cutback from his driving runs when he first came into the first team picture. Loved to see that. However, that seemed to get coached out of him...

Interestingly, I think @StriderHiryu has noted that Pep and his disciples like a cutback for a lot of their chances, so maybe we'll see Luke doing that more again 👀.

Regardless, good luck to him for the next England game! Glad to hear he's a big Leicester fan (still 😅).

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Why does this matter or mean he’s a Man Utd fan? I was born in Nottingham, pains me every time I see it on my passport! But if that’s the closest hospital to where your family home is, even if that’s in Leicestershire then that’s what it is.

KDH is from Shepshed which is well and truly in Leicestershire. My experience of Shepshed is that they are pretty good at supporting Leicester there!

Well he’s a Man United fan and he was born in Nottingham. There’s no causation between the two, that was a joke. But they’re separate facts. Shepshed might as well be in Nottingham because it’s not in Leicester.

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Well he’s a Man United fan and he was born in Nottingham. There’s no causation between the two, that was a joke. But they’re separate facts. Shepshed might as well be in Nottingham because it’s not in Leicester.

Are you suggesting that every village and town in Leicestershire might as well be in Nottingham because they're not in the city of Leicester? Because that might immediately invalidate the large bulk of our fanbase....

Edited by ClaphamFox

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Are you suggesting that every village and town in Leicestershire might as well be in Nottingham because they're not in the city of Leicester? 

No. I have an interest in why people support their teams, whether that’s based on identity or geographical proximity. For instance, those in Rutland would most likely be Leicester City supporters, despite not technically being from Leicestershire. Then there are also other examples, such as towns like Corby and so on.
However, from my experience of being in Shepshed, there were a lot of Notts Forest fans, but this may have changed as we have become more successful, and kids have chosen us rather than them. My only gripe with people who are not from Leicester supporting the club, is when they slag off the city as a place. The city is the club.

10 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Hate to break it to you lad but the vast majority of our core support is from LEICESTERSHIRE, not Leicester.  

Even more telling on away days you’ll probably encounter more folk from Hinckley and Blaby than Leicester itself. 

Edited by Muzzy_no7

Just now, Muzzy_no7 said:

Had to break it to you lad but the vast majority of our core support is from LEICESTERSHIRE, not Leicester.  

Even more telling on away days you’ll probably encounter more folk from Hinckley and Blaby than Leicester itself. 

There’s no way of definitely confirming your assertion, but there’s good support from the county. I’m not criticising that support, see my other post. I go to most games with people who are not from Leicester. My only issue is when people slag off the city and still support the club.