Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

2 hours ago, Bert said:

We are gonna have to wait for the transfer domino effect to kick in I think. None of us would be surprised if he leaves, but it’s also not out of the question that he starts for us against Cov. What will be most annoying for me is that he starts with us, has a great start and then someone comes in for him. 

I would like the club to have some bits about them and tell all parties concerned that it's wrapped up soon or deals off and he stays. I don't want him starting only for him to get plucked at the last minute, Fofana really hampered us last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

I would like the club to have some bits about them and tell all parties concerned that it's wrapped up soon or deals off and he stays. I don't want him starting only for him to get plucked at the last minute, Fofana really hampered us last season.

I have some bad news for you re our finances …..

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I have some bad news for you re our finances …..

Do tell all because it’s nowhere as bad as you think it is. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

The idea that we can just tell interested clubs to do one is fanciful. 

what if we can’t offload a decent proportion of those into the last year of their contracts and the others we’ve earmarked out like Castagne  ?  I’m sure we can hold onto Barnes if we get in £30/40m elsewhere 

but are we going to take the risk that we pull any barnes deal whilst we still have the other players and no decent bids on them ? 

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The idea that we can just tell interested clubs to do one is fanciful. 

what if we can’t offload a decent proportion of those into the last year of their contracts and the others we’ve earmarked out like Castagne  ?  I’m sure we can hold onto Barnes if we get in £30/40m elsewhere 

but are we going to take the risk that we pull any barnes deal whilst we still have the other players and no decent bids on them ? 

If Barnes doesn’t fancy any proposed deal, however much money is involved, it will be immaterial what the club wants to do.

30 minutes ago, Bert said:

Unless we are breaking the rules an/or or KP have decided to pay off Macquarie money privately, were in the shit. 

In fairness to the club, right now they appear to have gone for Bluff.  Not a bad tactic. But even if KP have stepped in (big if), I still reckon we've gotta knock an easy 20m off the wage bill.   at least 6 more players will go between now and end of August to balance the books. 

15 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Unless we are breaking the rules an/or or KP have decided to pay off Macquarie money privately, were in the shit. 

In fairness to the club, right now they appear to have gone for Bluff.  Not a bad tactic. But even if KP have stepped in (big if), I still reckon we've gotta knock an easy 20m off the wage bill.   at least 6 more players will go between now and end of August to balance the books. 

Easily done. Castagne, Ndidi, Praet, Vestergaard, one of Hamza and Soumare then probably Faes and or Kelechi and Daka. We won't need to sell Barnes and he will more than happy to stay.

4 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Easily done. Castagne, Ndidi, Praet, Vestergaard, one of Hamza and Soumare then probably Faes and or Kelechi and Daka. We won't need to sell Barnes and he will more than happy to stay.

We’d still need to invest with all the proposed outgoings in your post though. 

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Do people seriously think we would have spent the best part of £15m on two players if we was that much in the shit financially?! Yes they’ve not been as good as previous years but this idea that we are ****ed is massively over the top.

Exactly. It was one year because we had maximised our wage budget and didn't get in Europe/didn't sell anyone until late on. If we'd have sold a couple of players last season then there wouldn't have been any of this narrative.

The King Power stuff was so irrelevant to what we were doing as a club. The two were not linked in the slightest and i still hear that bullshit now. Yes, they lost money but Top could go out and spend £100m on a ****ing Yacht now and probably forget he has it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

19 hours ago, Bert said:

With the 7 players out of contract, Maddison’s departure & the relegation clauses we’ve already knocked a lot more off of the wage bill than you will realise. Maddison £6m alone…. Tielemans £4m…. 

Add to that we have reduced the amortisation of player transfers on our balance sheet from around 62m + in 22/22 to 42m for 23/24 even including the fees of Coady and Winks

So that is another positive swing in our current financial position.

• Like 2

I saw a tweet this morning stating the PL mornies last season were 106m for us 

I think that means our parachute payment this season is approx £60m 

I think our wage bill was around 100m.  We’ve lost around 20m with the out of contract players and probably a further 25m with the relegation reductions. So that means on a wages basis we are pretty much stood still compared to last season. 

We lost around 90m in the previous year when we took 130m tv revenues. I’d guess we will lose around 30m this season just finished.  on a very crude basis we probably need to take in a further 30m nett via transfer dealings before the window shuts. 

• Like 1

Arsenal are on their way to spending £200m on 3 players & providing the thick end of £1m pwk on wages for those 3 players & we are hoping for £40m in the sale of Barnes in order for us to buy 4 players :cry:
I'd like to say its all down to being in the championship but sadly its just another stamp of rule in the mini league of 7.

57 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Arsenal are on their way to spending £200m on 3 players & providing the thick end of £1m pwk on wages for those 3 players & we are hoping for £40m in the sale of Barnes in order for us to buy 4 players :cry:
I'd like to say its all down to being in the championship but sadly its just another stamp of rule in the mini league of 7.

Our outlay I reckon will still be higher than the likes of Luton / Sheffield United and one or two other premier league teams.

If he stays I reckon he'd get 20+, even 25 would be attainable depending on our style of play. 13 goals in 30.1 nineties last season and he scored 9 in 24 nineties at West Brom. He's also 5 goals away from 50 for us.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I saw a tweet this morning stating the PL mornies last season were 106m for us 

I think that means our parachute payment this season is approx £60m 

I think our wage bill was around 100m.  We’ve lost around 20m with the out of contract players and probably a further 25m with the relegation reductions. So that means on a wages basis we are pretty much stood still compared to last season. 

We lost around 90m in the previous year when we took 130m tv revenues. I’d guess we will lose around 30m this season just finished.  on a very crude basis we probably need to take in a further 30m nett via transfer dealings before the window shuts. 

Like I said, it’s not as bad some people think/make out. 

• Like 1