Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Just now, Finnegan said:

Whilst it could be true, this is an absolute Z tier source. 

Not only is it a z-tier source, it is also written in a very vague way  - it just says that Newcastle have 'stepped up their interest' and that Howe is 'willing' to strike a deal with us (how very generous of him!). No mention of whether contact has been made between the clubs or the fee offered. It reads like a space-filler from a journalist who hasn't got any actual transfer information to report on...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Like I said, it’s not as bad some people think/make out. 

I think most of us think that if barnes goes then we can spend what we take in on other sales 

if we don’t sell barnes then we probably need to take in approx 30m in sales before we can then spend what we get in. May not be much more than 30m with any certainty.  Enzo has said that he expects to be able to replace any players that now leave - that could mean he expects barnes to go. 

Leicester are thought to value Barnes at around £40 million, with Newcastle hoping to pay closer to £35 million, but a deal is expected to be agreed.

West Ham’s move for Barnes was held up by Declan Rice’s move to Arsenal, as the London club waited to bring money in before formalising their strong interest with a bid.

Villa have indicated an interest in Barnes, but have not moved as fast as Newcastle, who have made significant progress in their pursuit of the 25-year-old this week.

It's where we are at I guess... Still, we're in the shit and need money to invest and need to clear the existing wage bill. At least we are doing busy early and can start look forward to the next phase of the club.

Thanks Harvey Barney as my HK IPTV commentator likes to say!

• Like 1

Hopefully we do a better job of replacing Barnes when we try and sign a winger than we have done when trying to replace Mahrez

Who could we sign as our BTEC Barnes like when we tried it with Ghezzal?

Just now, moore_94 said:

Hopefully we do a better job of replacing Barnes when we try and sign a winger than we have done when trying to replace Mahrez

Who could we sign as our BTEC Barnes like when we tried it with Ghezzal?

Demi