Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Just now, Ashley said:

With a year left on his contract it was good money. No benchmark has been set. Pay what we want or don't have the player? Not rocket science is it 

least £40mil and thats without the add ons imo, as hes still got 2 yrs on his contract, so no real benchmark as you said

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hopefully we do a better job of replacing Barnes when we try and sign a winger than we have done when trying to replace Mahrez

Who could we sign as our BTEC Barnes like when we tried it with Ghezzal?

Oliver Burke

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Yet still regularly gets more goal contributions most other wingers in the league, especially outside the big 6

Doesn't say a lot for the current prem wingers does it. 

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Can't understand how much hate he gets.

Given the choice I'd much rather have him in my team than Maddison.

You have a very low bar if this constitutes hate. Can see both sides, as he is a bit inconsistent, but still puts out good numbers, yet he is unfortunately one of the few high value assets we have.

Newcastle closing on signing of Leicester winger Barnes

Newcastle are closing in on the signing of Harvey Barnes and hope to agree a deal with Leicester for the winger over the next week, according to The Telegraph.

Barnes has been a target of West Ham, who had been at the front of the queue, and Aston Villa, but Newcastle have stolen a march on their rivals.

Leicester are thought to value Barnes at around £40m, with Newcastle hoping to pay closer to £35m, but a deal is expected to be agreed.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

You have a very low bar if this constitutes hate. Can see both sides, as he is a bit inconsistent, but still puts out good numbers, yet he is unfortunately one of the few high value assets we have.

Didn't specifically mention anyone on this thread. In general, no end of people calling him shit, and they'd drive him there etc.

Just now, Rain King said:

Didn't specifically mention anyone on this thread. In general, no end of people calling him shit, and they'd drive him there etc.

Yeah, don’t see the point of such posts, just dismiss them as children/imbeciles  - it’s a genuine shame about Harvey but I see why due to where the have found ourselves

7 minutes ago, nathan. said:

£40m? yes please.

Barnes is average most of the time with the odd good game.

He tends to flit in and out of games, and can be infuriating at times, because he could be so much more, if he had a bit more belief in himself.

His goals and assists in the premier league are pretty decent, and i think Eddie Howe can make him a better player, given how much better he has made some of those non descript Newcastle players he inherited.

The talk is, that he will be gone for 35m, for a player not in the last year of his contract, and with the stats he has produced, that is a bargain for the buying club, and under sold by us, in my opinion.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Gutted. Shame to see a homegrown player leave. He can be very frustrating but he's a huge talent. Anything under £40m is poor business imho.

Shame, as he'd rip up the Championship. I can see the logic of cashing in now though.

Yeah but we need players that want to be here and he clearly doesn’t. And that would likely effect his performance 

Very, very disappointing considering the noises coming out that he wanted to stay.

This is the galling price we have to pay as a fanbase for our incompetent ownership.

At least it will mean new signings.