Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Barnes is better than most give him credit for but I’m only okay with this if he doesn’t fit the new system.

Also, the club’s handling of the winger position over the last several years has been amateurish or worse.

Edited by Phenom
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Barnes is better than most give him credit for but I’m only okay with this if he doesn’t fit the new system.

Also, the club’s handling of the winger position over the last several years has been amateurish or worse.

It has been calamitous. I don’t think Barnes fits a possession system, but I still hoped he would stay, he is goals at this level. I see the logic in cashing in now though. We can buy 2 or 3 top drawer young creative attacking players with everything to prove for the money he will bring in. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

With a year left on his contract it was good money. No benchmark has been set. Pay what we want or don't have the player? Not rocket science is it 

Hence my point that I think what we get on this reflects how short of money we actually are. 35m or below and we need - if we’re not desperate then we stand our ground for 40+ 

26 minutes ago, nathan. said:

£40m? yes please.

Barnes is average most of the time with the odd good game.

Do you even watch football mate? Lad was putting up elite numbers for a winger IN the prem. Should be closer to £60m if not more...

• Like 4

If we get 40 plus it seems a fair deal for all? I imagine it will be something like like 30 + 5 because that’s us now. In terms of money all outgoing and incoming deals are underwhelming. Can anyone remember a time when we got a bargain or sold a player for more than we thought?

how do other clubs manager it? 

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Very, very disappointing considering the noises coming out that he wanted to stay.

This is the galling price we have to pay as a fanbase for our incompetent ownership.

At least it will mean new signings.

Its probably more the club wanting to cash in then him wanting to leave

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Hence my point that I think what we get on this reflects how short of money we actually are. 35m or below and we need - if we’re not desperate then we stand our ground for 40+ 

Coming days will tell for your theory. Not like you've posted it about 100 times in different threads 😉

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Very, very disappointing considering the noises coming out that he wanted to stay.

This is the galling price we have to pay as a fanbase for our incompetent ownership.

At least it will mean new signings.

Top and his family have done wonders at the club. Consider where we were before King Power for a second and then wind your neck in. The club has made mistakes, loyalty to Rogers and gambling with a season of no player sale to try and build squad depth. Errors that are unlikely to be repeated again.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DezFox said:

If we get 40 plus it seems a fair deal for all? I imagine it will be something like like 30 + 5 because that’s us now. In terms of money all outgoing and incoming deals are underwhelming. Can anyone remember a time when we got a bargain or sold a player for more than we thought?

how do other clubs manager it? 

I think we had Chelsea pants down for Fofana.

It's doing to be harder a) being relegated and b) players with short contracts 

9 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

We’d still need to invest with all the proposed outgoings in your post though. 

7 minutes ago, fkas said:

Top and his family have done wonders at the club. Consider where we were before King Power for a second and then wind your neck in. The club has made mistakes, loyalty to Rogers and gambling with a season of no player sale to try and build squad depth. Errors that are unlikely to be repeated again.

Agreed. They sure have. Premier.League champions. Champions League. Europa. FA cup and Community Shield. We have had nothing to cheer about have we? We have had the best few years I can remember. Seeing London Road and Victoria Park swathed in blue I don't think I will ever forget.

• Like 1

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Take the swap though 😁

I wouldn't mind Saint Maximin in all honesty. The way he commits players is amazing, he just needs to refine his final ball and he'd be getting goals and assists galore.

Barnes is just far more efficient as a player and will be more likely to take a difficult chance rather than overcomplicate an easy one. I'll be sad to see him go.

27 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Would take £40 million from Newcastle than £50 million from Villa. But it’s not my money to burn! 

That's nonsense thinking.

Me? I'd rather the club have £10m more in the bank.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

I wouldn't mind Saint Maximin in all honesty. The way he commits players is amazing, he just needs to refine his final ball and he'd be getting goals and assists galore.

Barnes is just far more efficient as a player and will be more likely to take a difficult chance rather than overcomplicate an easy one. I'll be sad to see him go.

ASM isn’t dropping into the championship 

Depending on what newcastle would take for him, he’ll either find a home in the PL or head to europe