Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

31 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Very, very disappointing considering the noises coming out that he wanted to stay.

This is the galling price we have to pay as a fanbase for our incompetent ownership.

At least it will mean new signings.

You'll probably find this was a club decision. He might want to stay, but someone offers the money and we have to accept. It's sad as, I know he's had games where he's been patchy. But he was top goal scorer and got a fair few assists, but most importantly he's an academy product. 

I'll be sad to see him go and it shows how far we've fallen. Best of luck to him. 

Just to add, he might turn the move down still. (doubt it though as his agent would push for it)

Disappointing that is. Was hoping he would stay as he would be lethal in the championship 

Sad seeing all the talent leave our squad because of last years shambles.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

ASM isn’t dropping into the championship 

Depending on what newcastle would take for him, he’ll either find a home in the PL or head to europe 

Oh yeah, I agree 100%

10 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I wouldn't mind Saint Maximin in all honesty. The way he commits players is amazing, he just needs to refine his final ball and he'd be getting goals and assists galore.

Barnes is just far more efficient as a player and will be more likely to take a difficult chance rather than overcomplicate an easy one. I'll be sad to see him go.

I wouldn’t either, problem is we are in the championship 🤣

28 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Barnes is better than most give him credit for but I’m only okay with this if he doesn’t fit the new system.

Also, the club’s handling of the winger position over the last several years has been amateurish or worse.

Barnes doesn't really fit in the team optimally if we play a back three unless we play 3-2-4-1 like Pep does but then that negates our full backs which is a strong point for us.

It would also concern me that the new manager is trying to be a clone of his old boss rather than have his own ideas. It was one of the reasons I didn't want Shakespeare as a permanent boss early on as he just took the Ranieri blueprint and ran with it, the 1-6 home defeat by Tottenham showed himself up to be clueless, I had no idea what the formation was or what he was trying to do at 1-3 as he just seemed to put more attacking players on without direction.

I'm a big fan of Barnes and in many ways he reminds me of Mo Salah but if he's a square peg in a round hole for our new formation then I wish him well and approve of the sale. I'm always aware how a 25yo Butland was England No1 a few months before Stoke got relegated, never got his move and his career went to shite after that.

On 24/05/2023 at 23:20, Mike Oxlong said:

Off to Newcastle according to nothing more than a chinese whisper so don’t lump on. Doesn’t seem an Eddie Howe type player to me although wherever he goes he’s going to have to up the defensive side of his game 

Bam ! 

28 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Some Newcastle fans apparently don’t want him 

And some Leicester fans apparently think stepovers and dribbles are more important than goals. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DezFox said:

If we get 40 plus it seems a fair deal for all? I imagine it will be something like like 30 + 5 because that’s us now. In terms of money all outgoing and incoming deals are underwhelming. Can anyone remember a time when we got a bargain or sold a player for more than we thought?

how do other clubs manager it? 

Musa, Maguire, Fofana and Chilwell. 

Edited by Gerard

10 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

You can’t take it with you mate 

Would you rather sell you house for £400k to the couple you don't know or £500k to the bloke down the pub you don't particularly like?

If the club decided to flush £10m down the toilet then that is gross negligence.

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

He has to go but ffs anyone but Newcastle - i want to like him 

This is how I feel. Far worse than Maddison going to Spurs. He's an academy product whose been a great player for us and I want to see him do well. But he's sold out to blood money,

He may go through cold spells but at his best, he is one of the best wingers in the Premier League. Him departing feels inevitable but I’ll be gutted to see him go.

Him going for more than Maddison was going to be extremely unlikely, £40 million is a decent enough fee for him, but no doubt he would have gone for £50-60 million if we were still in the Prem.

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Would you rather sell you house for £400k to the couple you don't know or £500k to the bloke down the pub you don't particularly like?

If the club decided to flush £10m down the toilet then that is gross negligence.

What about if even if you didn't know the couple, it was on record that they were an alleged human-rights abusing oil state though who'd put your gay friends and family to death and commit public executions?

I'd rather the other way round and sell to £40mil to Villa than £50mil to Newcastle. How people are openly preferring him go to Newcastle over Villa, Spurs or West Ham, so much so they'd rather we get a smaller fee to get blood money from Newcastle over Villa is pretty sickening tbh. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

The 1 outstanding player I'd hoped would stick with us in the champ. Above Madders, above Nacho.

Would have been amazing this season and genuinely hurts to see him move on. Will be difficult to replace his numbers, not just this season but if we manage to get promoted.

People wanting ASM above him lol they honestly deserve Demarai Gray.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

The fact we've lost two creative players to Tottenham and ****ing NEWCASTLE feels just as sickening as relegation.

What’s the issue with Newcastle? They are in the UCL next season and on the up. It’s a good move for him. Youri to Villa baffles me a lot more tbh. 

Just now, Brenfox said:

Again he has been a very good player for us at times & we will miss his goals but he was honking for long periods. Very one dimensional player who is replaceable.

He is not easily replaceable at all. His numbers were as good as they get for a non-top 6 winger. Look how we've tried and failed to replace Mahrez for years. It will be the same for Barnes, wingers who consistently get 15-20 goal contributions a season for a non-big 6 side are extremely rare and hard to find.

I think Mahrez has warped the minds of Leicester fans as to what a very good Premier League winger for a non-big 6 side looks like, as opposed to a brilliant one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

What’s the issue with Newcastle? They are in the UCL next season and on the up. It’s a good move for him. Youri to Villa baffles me a lot more tbh. 

Because they're a disgusting football club who have sold their soul and them being a success is a disgusting blemish on english and european football. It's depressing to see players I want to like and see do well wear their shirt.

• Like 4