Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Ohh how the usual suspects scoffed when I said the club wanted north of £100 million for Madders and Barnes. Looks like we will be quite well north of that. Hope the lad does well. I think he is a super talent never truly embraced by some here. 

Obviously north if we sell every other fecker too. Surprised there were no takers there. This place is slipping. 

Edited by ARM1968

Guest glasgowfox
1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

We've not managed to replace Mahrez after all these years. Wonder how long replacing Barnes would take. 

To be honest get your point but mahrez was simply unreplaceable 

Edited by glasgowfox
Spelling

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if I recall, against Spurs, the job was already completed and we were effectively on the beach, with quite a few out with injuries!!!

It must have been difficult for him to transition into the man calling the shots, as he was the player's go-to confidant. I would have wanted to see him go down to the lower leagues and try again, it is pretty suicidal to begin your managerial career in the glare of the Premier League.

Fergie had cut his teeth at Aberdeen and was a result away from being shown the door when he went to United.

On the inury front, by that stage I think we had finally reached the point where we were fielding Benolouane and Fuchs at centre back after injuries to Morgan and Huth, reaping the consequence of another transfer window failure to sort a problem, when Rudkin took all January to deal with a centre back shortage and finally came up with an answer of Molla Wague several weeks later on loan (RE-OCCURRING THEME KLAXON), who promptly got injured. This was 6 months after signing Mendy to replace Kante, him immediately getting injured but we still let Inler leave, then spent 6 months struggling after injury to Drinkwater meant we tried to work out how to cope with a 2 man midfield of Amartey and King getting overrun, with no option of going to a 3 man midfield because there weren't any more midfielders actually left at the club (RE-OCCURRING THEME KLAXON RE-OCCURING).

At least this summer will be different, where our winger shortage surely will be handily resolved by (checks notes) Jon Rudkin (KLAXON EXPLODES FROM OVERUSE)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Didn't think that out of Barnes, Youri and Madders it'd be Barnes who'd end up with a move to a UCL club, Madders to a club outside of Europe and Youri to fecking Villa

You wouldn't have thought 3 years ago they'd be a fairly good chance Maddison and certainly Tielemans will never see the Champions League for the rest of their careers. 

He's proven to be one of the best wingers in the Premier league although we built our team around Maddison and Barnes. Maddison was given a free license to roam for us and Barnes was ultimately allowed to remain high up and play as a second striker at times. 

It'll be interesting to see how they both adapt should Barnes move. 

1 hour ago, alanf0x said:

Like we did with Tielemens, Maddison and Söyüncü? 

So you're saying hypothetically we should sell Barnes to Newcastle for £10m less than Villa offer because we got buttons combined for Tielemans, Maddison and Söyüncü?

I don't understand the correlation or logic, please explain?

32 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

You wouldn't have thought 3 years ago they'd be a fairly good chance Maddison and certainly Tielemans will never see the Champions League for the rest of their careers. 

Really hope that's the case after both of their pathetic/insulting efforts last season!! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We'll be able to get a centre back and goalkeeper now

Realy need some creativity be it a number 10 or wingers that’s worrying me most ahead of new season. Hope we get this sorted 

20 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Simply too good for the championship. Will be missed. I honestly hope he can improve his weaknesses as he could be a starter for England I truly believe that.

Ironically, I suspect our new coach would, given the chance, improve Barnes significantly.  Rodgers did nothing to progress him and Rodgers' match management ensured that Barnes was frequently starved of the ball.

14 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Ironically, I suspect our new coach would, given the chance, improve Barnes significantly.  Rodgers did nothing to progress him and Rodgers' match management ensured that Barnes was frequently starved of the ball.

Yep couldn’t agree more with you, feel the same way with Soumare.

46 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Will never be a starter for England over Rashford/Grealish

Lol wut?!?! He offers a lot that others don’t, defenders are scared of him and back off!?! He will get loads of goals here or somewhere else. Barnes is a decent player, whether he plays for Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Leicester, he will get goals .