Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Journalists will be briefed by clubs to suit their own agendas, truth is we really don’t know how the deal is structured or add ons etc. Newcastle will brief their media  contacts that they have a bargain whilst I have no doubt Percy will be told the top end of the deal so it looks positive for us. 

my guess is we will get a guaranteed £40m with a further £10m in very achievable add ons so the deal ends up around in and around the £50m mark. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

my guess is we will get a guaranteed £40m with a further £10m in very achievable add ons so the deal ends up around in and around the £50m mark. 

Are appearance add-ons considered part of the fee at the time of signing or are they considered part of the outgoing monies at the time they're triggered?

Ie if we want £50mil and Newcastle would be willing but can't have that fee on their books this season for FFP, would having him go for 40 and having 10 triggered after 39 league appearances, so assuming he plays it's triggered in the following season, means the £10mill is part of next seasons accounts?

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Are appearance add-ons considered part of the fee at the time of signing or are they considered part of the outgoing monies at the time they're triggered?

Ie if we want £50mil and Newcastle would be willing but can't have that fee on their books this season for FFP, would having him go for 40 and having 10 triggered after 39 league appearances, so assuming he plays it's triggered in the following season, means the £10mill is part of next seasons accounts?

Not sure but given they are not guaranteed then I would assume they would be accounted for in the season that the add on is achieved and therefore payable 

44 minutes ago, joeybside said:

I thought someone ITK in and around Page 20 ish said that London or Newcastle wasn't an option for him personally and he doesn't want to leave?

If the club wants to cash in and his agent pushes it as it will be CL football and club on the up, Im sure he would be convinced. He may well want to stay (which is more than believable, imo) but other factors are in the cog. 

He may still turn the move down...doubt it though. He'll just have to consider of he'll play regularly there. I worry he'll fade out as he doesn't really fit the Howe system. 

Edited by fox_favourite

44 minutes ago, joeybside said:

I thought someone ITK in and around Page 20 ish said that London or Newcastle wasn't an option for him personally and he doesn't want to leave?

You got mixed up; that was someone who was “I don’t know”.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Gordon is not half the player Harvey is, but the cost of relegation take many forms. 

You can’t really compare the Gordon transfer. That was in January when fees get inflated and Newcastle were desperate to secure Champions League football. 

9 minutes ago, Viva said:

You can’t really compare the Gordon transfer. That was in January when fees get inflated and Newcastle were desperate to secure Champions League football. 

You can't compare the two that's correct. Barnes actually scores and assists. Gordon is a poor comparison in terms of output. Hopefully a fact our board will highlight during negotiations. 

1 hour ago, joeybside said:

Situations change which alter decisions. 

It’s not nothing ‘ITK’ just his family and friendlies when asked have been quite open in saying he’s not over struck on a move 

But if Newcastle have opened the cheque book for you, gave reassurances about your family life and Leicester have mentioned they could do with the money, your opinion probably changes 

• Like 3

We should be getting more than we got for Maddison realistically. He is a high scoring winger at premier league level, English and has two years on his deal. We could get 25-30m with only one year left. How much is that extra year worth? To us, it could be worth promotion, which is hundreds of millions of pounds. But realistically we might get an extra £20m. 

I don’t like it, but I see the logic in selling now and bringing in 2/3 young and hungry attackers to build into our new style under Maresca. 

£40 million would be a good price for Harvey. Realistically, I think his numbers benefit from being basically a guaranteed starter in part of a team that contains a lot of individual talent. Impressive numbers, but I just feel like when he moves to a team who actually have more than 1 wide attacker, he may start to find his playing time and numbers drop.

This isn't to say I don't rate him, as I do.

I just think we can sell him and replace him with a player or two that either; have, or will have in the near future, similar if not better qualities.

If we can take that money and for the love of god finally invest it in some decent young attacking talent who are on the way up, I'd be happy with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viva said:

Perhaps worth waiting until January then for a bit of inflation 🤣

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

You can't compare the two that's correct. Barnes actually scores and assists. Gordon is a poor comparison in terms of output. Hopefully a fact our board will highlight during negotiations. 

Dream on that our Board think like this.

I don't see Barnes as an Enzo type player, I say that without watching a single game with maresca in charge so noone really knows what he likes in a player. 

Barnes is the most confusing player I know. Looks absolutely lost a lot of the time, so poor at times yet consistently as an impact.

Should be worth more than Gordon but transfers don't work like that. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

It is funny how we all fret over transfers like we'd know better than those negotiating. I know we've had some idiotic decisions last season but the club must know the value of Barnes and what they need to do to ship him out. I doubt maresca would turn his nose up at Barnes, they must think getting a fee and reinvestment is better option or Harvey genuinely wants to move, either way whatever we're told with the fee may not be the entire truth as was said earlier, the club aren't going to give him away. Surprised west ham haven't stepped in though, maybe it was all talk