Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

3 hours ago, joeybside said:

I thought someone ITK in and around Page 20 ish said that London or Newcastle wasn't an option for him personally and he doesn't want to leave?

It seems like Newcastle is the better option for Barnes I’m laughing after that scout from Villa was delighted telling me it was all done just waiting on signature then a done deal , seems like Barnes has forgotten  Villa for higher wages and CL football  !

13 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

It seems like Newcastle is the better option for Barnes I’m laughing after that scout from Villa was delighted telling me it was all done just waiting on signature then a done deal , seems like Barnes has forgotten  Villa for higher wages and CL football  !

And no one would blame him. 

• Like 1

This cost of relegation is bollocks. He’s still an asset that will score goals for fun. Tell them to stump up the cash, or we’ll keep him for 2 years. 

May 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Seems media sources such SkySports and TalkSport are talking about Barnes to Newcastle. It's almost like the media are pressuring it to happen. 

Yes I have my tin hat on. It's just a pattern I've noticed over the years. 

Hmmmmm I wonder if the agents, journalists and media all work hand in hand together to fabricate stories? 🤔

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ashley said:

With a year left on his contract it was good money. No benchmark has been set. Pay what we want or don't have the player? Not rocket science is it 

Even after all of these years and the way we’ve gone about player sales…. Seems like it still is for some! 

• Like 1

We have the boss hand. £60 million or walk away. It’s not rocket. His numbers are better than most - nearly all from that position. If no one comes up with the money then we have a player who will dominate the Championship. I do wonder who the hell thought Tugkin was a great negotiator. 

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I just don't see us sale him for the quoted price at this point in the window especially after we banked 40m for Maddison.

Maddison is a superstar and a bit of a marketing dream. Barnes simply isn't, and with no senior caps behind him like it or not he operates a rung below. I think 40 mill is right, but 35 mill plus adons is likely the championship tax we are going to have to suck up.

Im going to miss him. People expect him to beat his man on every attempt which leads the the frustrations. I think a lot of people dont realise how good PL defending can be and for his level, Barnes' stats are excellent.  Even last season i saw some cracking goals from him, and i loved that one against Villa at home. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sly said:

This cost of relegation is bollocks. He’s still an asset that will score goals for fun. Tell them to stump up the cash, or we’ll keep him for 2 years. 

May 

But its madness we let players run their contracts down......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We have the boss hand. £60 million or walk away. It’s not rocket. His numbers are better than most - nearly all from that position. If no one comes up with the money then we have a player who will dominate the Championship. I do wonder who the hell thought Tugkin was a great negotiator. 

Nobody is going to pay £60m for Barnes. It's not just numbers that the top clubs will look at. They will look at the whole package and unfortunately he can go missing far too often. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

We have every right to hold him to his contract. However his value will drop pretty dramatically after a year of Championship football. Also if he really wants this move and knowing his habit of going missing , he could have a really average season. The safer option is to compromise on the fee. Around £45 million should be the target.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 2

Must assume that a fee has lots of reasons behind it, such as

• Player wanting to leave
    • financial reasons 
    • reputation/national side reasons
    • personal
  • Club wanting the player to leave
    • financial reasons
    • tactical reasons
    • squad harmony reasons
  • Contract waning
  • Contract clauses

Very dubious that it is as simple as having X number of years left on a club contract

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

loved that one against Villa at home. 

I thought that was goal of the season tbh. The technique at high speed was amazing

I'll miss Barnes. He's quite a Leicester sort of player. Blandish personality, blows hot and cold, and sometimes absolutely brilliant. 

• Like 1