Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Please can we stop debating how much players earn. - it’s completely irrelevant to us as it’s a world we couldn’t imagine (well 99.9% of us ) 

Yeh it’s irrelevant of course we’d all love to earn that but we are not elite sportsmen just like we aren’t rockstars or movie stars. I’m just surprised he’s only on ‘38k a week’ surely he’s on more than that 

Just now, dylanlegend said:

Yeh it’s irrelevant of course we’d all love to earn that but we are not elite sportsmen just like we aren’t rockstars or movie stars. I’m just surprised he’s only on ‘38k a week’ surely he’s on more than that 

He's had a 35-40% pay cut, like they all have.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So if my maths is decent say he was on around 80k for example he’d be on around 56k now? Then you see Newcastle would probably offer him 100k maybe? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

...with a 40% haircut, and his salary dropping to £38k,  it still puts him originally at £63k per week. Still seems less than you would envisage!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...with a 40% haircut, and his salary dropping to £38k,  it still puts him originally at £63k per week. Still seems less than you would envisage!!!

Where did the 38k come from ?

he renewed in aug 21 after he’d recovered from his knee injury  - I think he would be on around 80k. with his reduction I reckon he’ll be on approx 50k 

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Losing Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and Soyuncu in one window. Has there ever been a more brutal departure window than that? Maybe Leeds or West Ham when they went down I suppose.

Can’t believe they’ve allowed a huge core of the team to go in one window, yes the money is great for the club but replacing a player like Maddison will cost more than the cost it took the Spuds to prise him of us ?

Youri had left the club before Christmas anyway his performances at times were so hit and miss and his body language when things in the game weren’t going his way showed he just didn’t want to be here, Souyuncu was Fuched over by Blodgers god knows what went on there and why he was benched for so long and a poor excuse of lack of fitness comment maybe he saw Cags absolutely massive 🍆 that Blodgers felt inadequate with so he got so jealous that his wife probably said one night whilst In Bed “ so Brendan is it true what the fans sing about Souyuncu’s 🍆? “ he got the hump and benched Cags ??

Barnes going would be a mistake for us in this league can see him doing well for us getting plenty of goals down the wing also giving plenty assists, so unless it’s a Barnes has asked to be sold then we should keep him offer him a decent contract with an option to sell next year if unhappy, it just seems whoever is sanctioning these sales needs Rudkins head looking into what also with Rumours of Vardy, Nacho, Daka, Praet, Castagne & Ndidi being available is just ridiculous I think Rudkin has lost his Marbles is he even thinks of letting anymore of our core team / starting 11 being sold on ?

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The club said they were reviewing what went wrong last season and would make corrections on it, and I think they did:

- Took too long last season negotiating with Chelsea over Fofana. Meant they didn't have the funds to refresh the squad. So this season sold Maddison early, trying to do the same with other big players.

- Realised that a malaise has set in, so are open to starting again. Hence getting rid of all players that don't want to be there, allowing the new manager to bring in his own team from scratch. Drain the swamp and all that.

There's pros and cons to both sides, but that's what seems to be happening to me. My biggest fear though is that we might bring in players who are good at this level, but don't have a high ceiling. In 19/20 under Rodgers we had this incredible team featuring Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Barnes... these players were already good and had huge potential. I think players like Coady, Winks and Cairney and Steffen if they come in are fine signings, but they don't have that potential. The reason for the direction change I guess is that they've said they want leaders and model pros... look at the boys that went to the darts every year in terms of setting the wrong example.

This thread is about Barnes, and I for one think it's depressing he is leaving us. Trained in the academy, was one of the most important players in our team by the end and had a decent season given we got relegated. But he was in that team that stunk the place out, so maybe it is time to move onwards and upwards.

The main argument to let Barnes go for me is if he think he’d definitely not sign a new contract even if we went up, to avoid the situation with Tielemans and Maddison where they walk for free to get to their last year. On that basis, sell. If we he saying ‘I categorically want to spend my career here, get the club back up and stay, and will sign a new contract’, then I want to keep but that is an unlikely scenario and as I say, we need to avoid that situation again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

The main argument to let Barnes go for me is if he think he’d definitely not sign a new contract even if we went up, to avoid the situation with Tielemans and Maddison where they walk for free to get to their last year. On that basis, sell. If we he saying ‘I categorically want to spend my career here, get the club back up and stay, and will sign a new contract’, then I want to keep but that is an unlikely scenario and as I say, we need to avoid that situation again. 

Unless he stays for the season, gets us promoted then leaves. Will be worth more than any current transfer fee.

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Where did the 38k come from ?

he renewed in aug 21 after he’d recovered from his knee injury  - I think he would be on around 80k. with his reduction I reckon he’ll be on approx 50k 

...the previous poster stipulated that he was presently on £38k per week!!!

I viewed the amount with suspicion and calculated that it would therefore had been £63 k per week prior to a 40% reduction. 

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

Unless he stays for the season, gets us promoted then leaves. Will be worth more than any current transfer fee.

...we said the same thing about Tielemans!!!

We will have to sell now, to maximise his value, with a year left on his contract and even being back in the top tier, we are not going to get his true value.

• Like 1

If Newcastle can spend £55 million on a player they can surely find £40m for Barnes. However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they go in at £25m. West Ham should have a bit of money soon so hopefully we can get a bidding war. However I'm concerned about the number of proven goal scorers that appear to be on the way out with no concrete links on incoming strikers/wingers etc

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The club said they were reviewing what went wrong last season and would make corrections on it, and I think they did:

- Took too long last season negotiating with Chelsea over Fofana. Meant they didn't have the funds to refresh the squad. So this season sold Maddison early, trying to do the same with other big players.

- Realised that a malaise has set in, so are open to starting again. Hence getting rid of all players that don't want to be there, allowing the new manager to bring in his own team from scratch. Drain the swamp and all that.

There's pros and cons to both sides, but that's what seems to be happening to me. My biggest fear though is that we might bring in players who are good at this level, but don't have a high ceiling. In 19/20 under Rodgers we had this incredible team featuring Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Barnes... these players were already good and had huge potential. I think players like Coady, Winks and Cairney and Steffen if they come in are fine signings, but they don't have that potential. The reason for the direction change I guess is that they've said they want leaders and model pros... look at the boys that went to the darts every year in terms of setting the wrong example.

This thread is about Barnes, and I for one think it's depressing he is leaving us. Trained in the academy, was one of the most important players in our team by the end and had a decent season given we got relegated. But he was in that team that stunk the place out, so maybe it is time to move onwards and upwards.

This are supposed to be the next Morgan, Fuchs sort of players creating a culture and leadership group.

I expect we will bring in 4 or 5, 19-23 years olds who will be player we look to the future with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I still don't think he ends up there, they'll continually try and low ball us and then West Ham or Villa will pay the proper money for him and they'll be nowhere to be seen.

Similar to Maddison.

Loads of smoke about Newcastle, but only Spurs willing to pay up.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Silva Fox said:

If this is correct, they should be told the price is X.  So save wasting our time do not bother us again unless they are prepared to treat Leicester City with respect.  

More importantly what is now patently evident is, that our DoF’s reputation as being a total mug, is now being exploited by English and Italian Clubs.   This is what happens Top when you employ people in high positions that are frankly out of their depth.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If this is correct, they should be told the price is X.  So save wasting our time do not bother us again unless they are prepared to treat Leicester City with respect.  

More importantly what is now patently evident is, that our DoF’s reputation as being a total mug, is now being exploited by English and Italian Clubs.   This is what happens Top when you employ people in high positions that are frankly out of their depth.  

Rather keep the lad this season than accept a low ball offer.

Reject 25m out of hand and see if West Ham come in with a bid.

• Like 3