Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

3 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I genuinely hope we tell them we’ll accept no less than 60m from them after such a pathetic offer… then just sell him to west Aaaam for 40m

the thing is, recently we always seem to cave in. 

Problem is, these days,  the players agent agreees a club and the others back off. Traditional bidding wars have become a thing of the past. 

If barnes wants newcastle, which he probably would of the options, than he just sits tight and gives them the power. Only hand we have is to walk away, which it seems unlikely we would do here.

Maybe if some of the clingers had left by now but it looks like we will have a hard summer getting rid of the cockroaches again 

They are bidding a good 15 under what they are probably willing to pay. But that way they’ll get him for a value price of 40m. And prevent us pushing them for another 5m.  

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

If this is correct, they should be told the price is X.  So save wasting our time do not bother us again unless they are prepared to treat Leicester City with respect.  

More importantly what is now patently evident is, that our DoF’s reputation as being a total mug, is now being exploited by English and Italian Clubs.   This is what happens Top when you employ people in high positions that are frankly out of their depth.  

Our DoF didn't sell players last summer because clubs were offering terrible prices. Not sure what you expect. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Our DoF didn't sell players last summer because clubs were offering terrible prices. Not sure what you expect. 

Well put this way, what I do not expect is the DoF to allow players to run their contracts down and leave for free.  

8 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Well put this way, what I do not expect is the DoF to allow players to run their contracts down and leave for free.  

If a player doesn’t want to sign they won’t sign…..and the reason for not signing a new deal isn’t to do with money. Therefore the DOF can’t win, offer the player more he doesn’t sign….keep him and he leaves for free a La Tielemans, or sell him at a price that isn’t what the club wants but is a whole lot better than nothing in a years time….oh and we can’t afford his wages……basically the player holds all the ace cards

• Like 4

The problem with £25m is that it sets a marker for other clubs.   Barnes has 2 years left and we can raise funds by selling Castagne, Nacho (I’d rather keep), Daka, Preat and N’didi.

it’s the players with one year left who won’t sign a new contract that we need to focus our efforts on selling.

• Like 3

Lads lads lads, everyone should calm down, see a geordie post, move on. We shouldn't get angry until we see Barnes holding the shirt and Percy reporting the figure, and then we need to see the outcome, they aren't unfamiliar to these type of circumstances, unlike the maddison situation, I can't see a reason we'd give him away at a low price 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Lads lads lads, everyone should calm down, see a geordie post, move on. We shouldn't get angry until we see Barnes holding the shirt and Percy reporting the figure, and then we need to see the outcome, they aren't unfamiliar to these type of circumstances, unlike the maddison situation, I can't see a reason we'd give him away at a low price 

Rudkin innit blud

34 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

If a player doesn’t want to sign they won’t sign…..and the reason for not signing a new deal isn’t to do with money. Therefore the DOF can’t win, offer the player more he doesn’t sign….keep him and he leaves for free a La Tielemans, or sell him at a price that isn’t what the club wants but is a whole lot better than nothing in a years time….oh and we can’t afford his wages……basically the player holds all the ace cards

No excuses for losing Tielemans and Soyuncu for nothing.  The real issues are getting yourself in that position in the first place. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

But did we ever get any solid interest in them when they still had years on their contracts? Solid paying interest?

Who knows? But if players’ Agents’ are offered the opportunity and incentive to move a player on, I am pretty sure they can.   If we had received anything  last year, it is more than zero.  For sure this is not the ideal situation, but the lesser of two evils.

Clubs run properly know how deal with descending contracts and money grabbing agents.

Hopefully, this latest crap about Barnes and the Geordie Bedouin is horse excretement. 

Unless Newcastle see Anthony Gordon as a striker I find it an odd signing for them. Barnes hasn’t exactly been versatile or neither have we played him in multiple positions since he’s been with us. Can they afford two £40m+ players on one side when there’s other positions they could improve? (And I don’t mean financially afford because the answer is obvious)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

No excuses for losing Tielemans and Soyuncu for nothing.  The real issues are getting yourself in that position in the first place. 

Yet this is exactly where we could well be with Kel next year, sell now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Yes, that I totally agree with. Absolutely shambles that him AND Rodgers should accept total responsibility for. 

Do you think Rudkin would be happy that he turned down offers for Cags to have him sit on the bench all season? Of course not. But if the manager is saying he wants to keep a player then what do you do? 

Edited by TommyK

25 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Unless Newcastle see Anthony Gordon as a striker I find it an odd signing for them. Barnes hasn’t exactly been versatile or neither have we played him in multiple positions since he’s been with us. Can they afford two £40m+ players on one side when there’s other positions they could improve? (And I don’t mean financially afford because the answer is obvious)

thats my thought too, theyve got murphy, gordon ASM and then Barnes

unless they think Barnes has a left foot:blink:

56 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Who knows? But if players’ Agents’ are offered the opportunity and incentive to move a player on, I am pretty sure they can.   If we had received anything  last year, it is more than zero.  For sure this is not the ideal situation, but the lesser of two evils.

Clubs run properly know how deal with descending contracts and money grabbing agents.

Hopefully, this latest crap about Barnes and the Geordie Bedouin is horse excretement. 

I wouldnt be suprised if some one did the research that you'd find most, if not, all other clubs of our size, stature and finances have similar issues. I doubt its a 'Leicester' issue.  Its not a situation any of us would welcome and yes there are legitimate questions to be asked, but, as others have pointed out its not simple or easy when players hold the power  

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats my thought too, theyve got murphy, gordon ASM and then Barnes

unless they think Barnes has a left foot:blink:

I mean, he actually has. I'm sure stats will make a mockery of what I say but I swear about half his goals and assists are off his left foot. That's why he unsettles defences, he can't necessarily take teams on but they can't judge whether he'll cut in on his right or take it on his left and that's where he gets his success.

52 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yet this is exactly where we could well be with Kel next year, sell now.

In general I agree with this principle and it applies to Barnes with 2 years left.

I do wonder if Kel is an exception for a few reasons. Based on no evidence but just feelings.

Firstly, if rumoured fees of £8mill are true, his contributions really would be worth more than that to us this coming season. I also think he’d really have fun in the Championship.

Second is, just a feeling, but if he did stay and was made a key player by Enzo and had a cracking year of goals and assists, taking us back up, I could really see him deciding to stay as he signed a new contract before after previously being overlooked. 

Of course this could all be rubbish as he may want to leave or we may end up getting a much bigger fee than that. The risk is also keeping him and not going up of course….

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I mean, he actually has. I'm sure stats will make a mockery of what I say but I swear about half his goals and assists are off his left foot. That's why he unsettles defences, he can't necessarily take teams on but they can't judge whether he'll cut in on his right or take it on his left and that's where he gets his success.

i know hes got a few for us with his left over the years but im not sure its half this season, know one for sure was everton. 

but as you said, Newcastle while on paper seems good when you look at the wider picture will he fit in there, he doesnt always press as well as he should and other things too that you expect with Newcastle

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He’s added that to his game over the last couple seasons - he was completely predictable cutting in before this 

still heavily right footed but as you say, always the nagging doubt in the full backs mind that he may go outside (that was Riyad’s strength too although he often managed to get the other side outside the defender and still able to use his left )

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

He’s just explained to you why we lost them for nothing, can’t force a player to leave, can’t force a player to sign a new contract. We played one of them, we dropped the other. What else exactly is a manger or DOF meant to do?

• Like 1