Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Newcastle trying to lowball because they haven't sorted their own money out from player sales. 

Longer we hold out for a reasonable fee the better. Hopefully we don't cave in on the £25....

2 hours ago, TommyK said:

Yes, that I totally agree with. Absolutely shambles that him AND Rodgers should accept total responsibility for. 

Do you think Rudkin would be happy that he turned down offers for Cags to have him sit on the bench all season? Of course not. But if the manager is saying he wants to keep a player then what do you do? 

Rodgers is history. Rudkin unfortunately not. The current mess is still in intensive care. Hopefully, we recover and rise up again this season.

23 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He’s just explained to you why we lost them for nothing, can’t force a player to leave, can’t force a player to sign a new contract. We played one of them, we dropped the other. What else exactly is a manger or DOF meant to do?

Not sure about the ‘Manger’ , but the DoF find a new vocation.

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Newcastle trying to lowball because they haven't sorted their own money out from player sales. 

Longer we hold out for a reasonable fee the better. Hopefully we don't cave in on the £25....

no way we cave for £25mil, suspect it will get rejected straight the way

£32-ish mil with £5mil add ons will do it i suspect

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

That would be woeful business on our part.

You’re probably right. 

We’ve been allegedly wanting £60m last season. That pretty much gets cut straight in half thanks to relegation.  

1 minute ago, Bert said:

You’re probably right. 

We’ve been allegedly wanting £60m last season. That pretty much gets cut straight in half thanks to relegation.  

Can’t be less than £40m unless, even then I’d be shocked if it doesn’t get half of the league circling around him.

23 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Categorically untrue.

See below:

Ok I didn’t realise that but you’re saying now ‘side note’ the rule was scrapped in 2019? So what’s holding teams back now?

Are you saying the club wanted to sign multiple players on 250k a week but weren’t allowed? Cos to be honest I’m pretty glad that didn’t happen or we’d be even more ****ed than we are now 

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Did i miss the lifting of the rule that meant you couldn't talk to players or their representatives before the club had accepted an offer? Literally every transfer now is the other way round. 

What do you think agents are for?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Plus allows West Ham to come in with that Declan Rice money, creates a bidding war. 

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

£25mil would be a complete disgrace. I can't believe it's that low, even for us.

Agreed. Even if it was 25 now plus add ons I wouldn’t be keen unless easily achievable e.g. 10-15 million after 25 games / 15 goals whichever came soonest. 

You would have thought Villa and West Ham would be in our ear if 25m was the price.