Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean this is equally silly though isn't it mate tbf. 

To take it to it's furthest extreme, if any player has any thoughts of leaving at all would you just cancel their contact on the spot and let them go for free? 

Assuming the answer is no then there is obviously a point on the scale between A and B where its reasonable to let Barnes go. People hoping for a tidy fee just want to see the club manage it's assets sensibly. Being reckless with them is how we ended up getting relegated and in to financial insecurity. 

Take the emotion out of it. 

It's just absurd that some seem to think they might lose sleep over the idea of getting say £35/40 million for him as opposed to say the £50/60 million that some believe he is worth. Are you actually that arsed? 

4 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It's just absurd that some seem to think they might lose sleep over the idea of getting say £35/40 million for him as opposed to say the £50/60 million that some believe he is worth. Are you actually that arsed? 

I get what you're saying and mostly agree. Individually maybe it doesn't make much difference but we also don't want to become a club that can be bullied into selling our players for well below their true value

Good chance we will sell I think but only for the right price 40m we could re invest that into a couple of promising players in positions we need which will be in the midfield .. I just can’t see him staying 

Edited by whoareyaaa

where on earth has £25m come from? absolutely no chance- wont leave for a penny under £40m or he will stay- this fire sale nonsense - 'we are championship now so must have to sell'- what a load of codswallop- if the 40 is met which I fully expect it will be then he will be off - simples- 25m? have a day off

13 minutes ago, jv1 said:

where on earth has £25m come from? absolutely no chance- wont leave for a penny under £40m or he will stay- this fire sale nonsense - 'we are championship now so must have to sell'- what a load of codswallop- if the 40 is met which I fully expect it will be then he will be off - simples- 25m? have a day off

Newcastle preparing £25m bid for Leicester's Harvey Barnes as they gear up for the Champions League | Daily Mail Online

cheers- they can bid 25m all they want- no chance we sell for that- zero- pointless bid that doesnt get them anything- doesnt even unsettle the player that for that- barnes will have been told already by the hierarchy that if anyone matches our valuation we will consider it- that will be £40m - no less- we do not sell players for cheap- maddison only went for that because of his 1yr left

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

A little bit. It depends how literally you take Lose Sleep. I've never lost sleep over football, even when we got relegated. 

But I'll obviously be annoyed and concerned if we get bullied in to accepting a low ball offer for Barnes way below his true value. 

I think the days are long gone when the "why do you care it's not your money" crowd get to sit in foxestalk smugly telling everyone to calm down

Clearly we've right and reason to be concerned about how the board manage the finances of what is, truly, always going to be OUR football club. 

They might own the business, the company, but football in Leicester will always belong to us and we've seen enough cases around the world of what happens when a club is reckless with it's assets. 

Thank ****. Was always the most stupid argument.

Sounds like Newcastle might need to sell Saint-Maximin before they go for Barnes

If Newcastle are about to get a fund boost from the Saudi’s for him we should be getting as much of it as possible, he isn’t worth more than Barnes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/10/newcastle-transfer-sell-allan-saint-maximin-harvey-barnes/

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds like Newcastle might need to sell Saint-Maximin before they go for Barnes

If Newcastle are about to get a fund boost from the Saudi’s for him we should be getting as much of it as possible, he isn’t worth more than Barnes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/10/newcastle-transfer-sell-allan-saint-maximin-harvey-barnes/

You can see it now.

Tuesday; Newcastle sell ASM to a Saudi club for £70m which is a fair fee and unrelated to FFP dodging.

Weds; Newcastle increase their bid for Barnes to £27m with a £3m bonus if they win the CL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I get what you're saying and mostly agree. Individually maybe it doesn't make much difference but we also don't want to become a club that can be bullied into selling our players for well below their true value

Club on that are incompetents, and over 8yrs pathetic learn process on departing players…

I would be pissed off if only £27-35 mill.

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Just seen him in Morrisons near the ground buying a Ginsters Sausage Roll and Orange Lucozade. Asked him if he was leaving, and he said "well i'm not gonna stay in Morrisons all day am i?" and shook his head at me. Was a bit rude tbh.

what a monster :mad:

• Haha 1