Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

12 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The fact he wasn’t risked in this afternoons training game would suggest that agreement isn’t that far away for his departure from the club. 

Ward too??

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

That story is comical:

Newcastle will try to close the deal for Harvey Barnes this week, sources have told Football Insider.

The Magpies want to pay around the £30-£40million mark for the Leicester winger. The Premier League side are still yet to offer newly Championship outfit Leicester an offer, but Barnes has agreed to make the move to St James Park.

So they haven’t even bothered to make us an offer and the fee they want to pay is well below what we want, but a deal is ‘close’? 😂

Like I say sharing is caring 

Edited by fox_favourite

He'll go for 30-40, we'll sign Mavididi and Piroe, that'll pretty much be the end of the window unless we get another loan or two I reckon.

Mavididi, Vardy, Piroe,

KDH, Winks, Soumare,

Kristiansen, Doyle, Coady, Ricardo,

Steffen

Probably going to be the team vs Cov? Unless of course Doyle is the ingredient that means we shift to 3 atb.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He'll go for 30-40, we'll sign Mavididi and Piroe, that'll pretty much be the end of the window unless we get another loan or two I reckon.

Mavididi, Vardy, Piroe,

KDH, Winks, Soumare,

Steffen

Probably going to be the team vs Cov? Unless of course Doyle is the ingredient that means we shift to 3 atb.

We'd still need another 2 wingers and an ACM. But I'd expect at least one of Iheanacho or Daka to go if we sign Piroe and then get a few more in.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We'd still need another 2 wingers and an ACM. But I'd expect at least one of Iheanacho or Daka to go if we sign Piroe and then get a few more in.

My heart says Iheanacho and Daka will be up front in a 352 resembling the CSKA away game and they'll score 50 goals each and then repeat the feat in a title winning return to the Prem.

My head says we'll sell Barnes and Iheanacho for a combined 40 million, sign Piroe and Mavididi to replace them and bank the rest of cash.

Castagne will probably go but Hamza, Praet, Soumare, Vestergaard et all will all just be part of the squad depth.

I'd obviously like to be wrong and I'd love it if we sign a bunch of young exciting players but I think signs are that finances are "okay" but still "could be better" and that this window isn't going to be our most exciting ever. 

• Like 2

Reported in The Times too. Says we are keen to get it done quickly for £35m, which could raise based on performance based metrics. Feels low to me. The alternative is that the Saudi club will draw it out as they know the player is keen. Latter leaves something of a bad taste. Was hoping they’d splash the cash, especially as there are other suitors. We need a bidding war really. Come on West Ham!

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mavididi, Vardy, Piroe,

KDH, Winks, Soumare,

Steffen

I think Soumare has so much potential, but I fear his lackadaisical jogging back at times will look even more terrible in the bust-a-gut Championship. 

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

I think Soumare has so much potential, but I fear his lackadaisical jogging back at times will look even more terrible in the bust-a-gut Championship. 

The Championship is quite possibly the most over-rated league in the entire world if you listen to English football fans. They make out you have to be an Olympic weight lifter, a UFC cage fighter, an ultra-marathon runner and a member of the Avengers to survive it.

It's absolute horse shit.

The pace of the game is significantly lower and the time you get on the ball significantly higher in the Championship than in most of Europe's top flights and is an absolute cake walk compared to the pace of the Prem. Soumare is a league winner in France, he'll be fine. Especially if Enzo is the coach we hope he is.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Reported in The Times too. Says we are keen to get it done quickly for £35m, which could raise based on performance based metrics. Feels low to me. The alternative is that the Saudi club will draw it out as they know the player is keen. Latter leaves something of a bad taste. Was hoping they’d splash the cash, especially as there are other suitors. We need a bidding war really. Come on West Ham!

Times suggests it may be £35m plus add ons. 

Sounds like Newcastle want to spend less now to stay within FFP. 

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

My heart says Iheanacho and Daka will be up front in a 352 resembling the CSKA away game and they'll score 50 goals each and then repeat the feat in a title winning return to the Prem.

My head says we'll sell Barnes and Iheanacho for a combined 40 million, sign Piroe and Mavididi to replace them and bank the rest of cash.

Castagne will probably go but Hamza, Praet, Soumare, Vestergaard et all will all just be part of the squad depth.

I'd obviously like to be wrong and I'd love it if we sign a bunch of young exciting players but I think signs are that finances are "okay" but still "could be better" and that this window isn't going to be our most exciting ever. 

3-5-2 is the way

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The Championship is quite possibly the most over-rated league in the entire world if you listen to English football fans. They make out you have to be an Olympic weight lifter, a UFC cage fighter, an ultra-marathon runner and a member of the Avengers to survive it.

It's absolute horse shit.

The pace of the game is significantly lower and the time you get on the ball significantly higher in the Championship than in most of Europe's top flights and is an absolute cake walk compared to the pace of the Prem. Soumare is a league winner in France, he'll be fine. Especially if Enzo is the coach we hope he is.

Maybe. I have quite a fresh memory of Blackburn running hard and completely out working us. We looked slow and lazy against them, thinking we had more time and quality. 

• Like 1

Just now, An Away Move said:

Maybe. I have quite a fresh memory of Blackburn running hard and completely out working us. We looked slow and lazy against them, thinking we had more time and quality. 

We looked slow and lazy against most clubs last season, even Gillingham and Walsall gave us a fright 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mavididi, Vardy, Piroe,

KDH, Winks, Soumare,

Steffen

We need much better options in midfield if we are going to get out of this division, 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mavididi, Vardy, Piroe,

KDH, Winks, Soumare,

Steffen

I nearly got sick looking at Soumare in that 3 

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

We looked slow and lazy against most clubs last season, even Gillingham and Walsall gave us a fright 

Work ethic really needs to change. I believe we ranked very low for sprinting compared to other teams under Rodgers. That metric can make a big difference. When Moyes went to West Ham it was the first thing he noticed and changed. It transformed them. 

Edited by An Away Move

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mavididi, Vardy, Piroe,

KDH, Winks, Soumare,

Steffen

If that was the side, I’d be marching into Rudkin office and take a steaming shit on his desk. 

That would be rancid business….

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Forest the year before also 

Would’ve wanted £40m + add ons, so I guess £35m + add ons isn’t too bad if it means we get the sale done sooner so can move onto more incomings. 

As others have said hopefully allows us to accept reduced fees for some of the others who want out. Should be at least another £30m there as well as wages saved 

Praet - £3m

Castagne - £10m

Ndidi - £10-15m

Kels - £10m