Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

If we have to sell Barnes at a knock down price to fund purchases of lesser players it’s a joke. Same with Nacho. I’d keep them both and see where the dice land. They would both likely do an incredible job in the Championship. If we get promoted back or even look like we will, we’ll be in a better position all round. However, if Enzo wants those new players and is happy enough to ship out some of our best players to do it, then I guess we have to back him. Smarts a bit though. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

If they were remotely comparable players, why would you even be signing Barnes?

Because they're different types of players. We need someone who's more willing to press, someone who plays line breaking passes, instead of someone who acts more of a counterattacking out ball. Plus ASM is injury prone as all hell. 

• Haha 3

Just now, TheFish said:

Because they're different types of players. We need someone who's more willing to press, someone who plays line breaking passes, instead of someone who acts more of a counterattacking out ball. Plus ASM is injury prone as all hell. 

You ever seen Barnes play?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheFish said:

Roflcopters. 

You have described a player that is nothing like Barnes.  

40 minutes ago, TheFish said:

If Barnes is worth £40m, ASM is surely worth the same. Saint-Maximin has 3 years left on a c£70k pw contract vs 2yrs left on c£35k pw.

Transfermarkt has ASM's market value at €32.00m,  Barnes €35.00m. ASM is ostensibly a Champions League player, Barnes a Championship player. We don't need to sell, you still need to raise funds. 

So if we buy Barnes for £35m-40m, I'd hope to get £30m-35m for ASM.

...that is a good rationale of the situation, but ASM is nowhere near the value anyone should be paying a £35m transfer fee!!!

I would struggle to take him at £15m and that is before Newcastle gained their millions.

ASM flatters to deceive, gets very little game time and has little end product.

ASM -1115 mins. 1 goal contribution  last season

Barnes - 2718 mins 13 goal contribution last season.

There seems to be a touch of arrogance that has come with your wealth.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, TheFish said:

If Barnes is worth £40m, ASM is surely worth the same. Saint-Maximin has 3 years left on a c£70k pw contract vs 2yrs left on c£35k pw.

Transfermarkt has ASM's market value at €32.00m,  Barnes €35.00m. ASM is ostensibly a Champions League player, Barnes a Championship player. We don't need to sell, you still need to raise funds. 

You’ll get your £35m from Saudi if the player is interested in going there 

otherwise you’ll only get £15m 

ASM is an injury risk every time he plays 

his end product is certainly not on adama traore levels but neither is it close to being up where Barnes sits 

and Barnes’ wage will have been at least the same as ASM pre relegation. The reduction because of the drop is not relevant in his valuation. What is relevant is what you’re prepared to pay and whether we need to accept it 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Narh fvck this I'm not having it anymore. 

I thought you were on the troll a little bit when you first signed up but there's no way. lol

@Miquel The Work Geordie is this another one of your alts? Are you that bored pal?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Not seen alot of Barnes have you.

Unreal footballer, doesn't press though.

47 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Narh fvck this I'm not having it anymore. 

I thought you were on the troll a little bit when you first signed up but there's no way. lol

@Miquel The Work Geordie is this another one of your alts? Are you that bored pal?

The fish as a name in of itself suggests you are correct.

Haven't seen @Miquel The Work Geordie for a good while, is he just managing several fake FT accounts for his own nefarious purposes?

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

All this Saudi money has given a lot of Newcastle fans a godawful amount of arrogance all of a sudden. A lot of numpties coming out of the woodwork.

They were like that before the money.

All this Saudi money has given a lot of Newcastle fans a godawful amount of arrogance all of a sudden. A lot of numpties coming out of the woodwork.

Some of our fans would be no different tbf

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Which wingers are you thinking?

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi on loan 

Adedire Mebude on loan 

Stephy Mavididi on a permanent 

Would be something like this I would imagine. Maybe a 4th depending on the plans for Albrighton, who I could see being used more centrally in midfield under Maresca.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

Have you never met many before? I knew a group of them a couple of years ago that insisted that Shearer choosing them over Man Utd still meant they were one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Rafa being there was also evidence of this apparently.

That being said you had numpties on here saying the big 6 needed to be rebranded to either include us or relegate Arsenal out of it a couple of years ago :crylaugh:

16 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I feel this movement will be the reason he didn’t play yesterday.

Personally, I will take £35m + £5m add ons. Could we have got £40m + £5m add ons? Most likely. But at the same time I don’t want anymore drawn out saga’s which halt the direction we are heading in. 

Most stated they would be happy for around £80m for Maddison and Barnes, from upfront payments we will be getting £75m and from add ons a minimum of £85m.

I don’t think it’s been awful business for the two of them.

Sensible post.

We need the money and the money we are getting will fill the TV money gap.

Hopefully our transfer business from now on will see us move back towards scouting cheap talent with high resale for when we are hopefully back in the Prem!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Have you never met many before? I knew a group of them a couple of years ago that insisted that Shearer choosing them over Man Utd still meant they were one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Rafa being there was also evidence of this apparently.

That being said you had numpties on here saying the big 6 needed to be rebranded to either include us or relegate Arsenal out of it a couple of years ago :crylaugh:

I've been to Newcastle a few times and spoken to a few of their fans before, they always usually seem quite down to earth and grounded as football fans. Suppose social media and forums bring out the nutcases though as we all know.

• Like 1

Still sad to see him go. I'll be more happy for him to see him getting Champions League football than to go to the likes of West Ham who, even though we're a division apart now, we could still be conceivably better than again in two years' time.

But, I am still very, very opposed to Newcastle's owners and it doesn't sit right that they'll be boosting our coffers.

Barnes has his weaknesses but he's a very efficient and effective player and will suit the right system. Having someone a bit more productive on that left-hand side could give them more room to move Isak inside and rotating with Wilson, helping to keep both of them fresh, which will be great considering their additional fixtures.

ASM is a supremely talented player, but is a real wildcard and unpredictable. He can occasionally do things on his own, but that unpredictability (and often ineffectiveness) will surely mean that Barnes will see more game time (or more playing time in their bigger fixtures). Having ASM as a back-up or unpredictable game-changer will be a bit of a luxury for them, providing he's okay to continue in that role.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I feel this movement will be the reason he didn’t play yesterday.

Personally, I will take £35m + £5m add ons. Could we have got £40m + £5m add ons? Most likely. But at the same time I don’t want anymore drawn out saga’s which halt the direction we are heading in. 

Most stated they would be happy for around £80m for Maddison and Barnes, from upfront payments we will be getting £75m and from add ons a minimum of £85m.

I don’t think it’s been awful business for the two of them.

I agree to a point. Its only worth our while if we sign decent players with that money pretty sharpish to get them to gel early with the rest of the squad.

• Like 1

Exactly . Wait until they actually win something (for the first time in over 70 years ) Not that I expect them to