Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Just now, TheFish said:

£45m for a highly rated young English player who just collected player of the tournament in the U21s Euro winning campaign. Gordon slots in perfectly with how Eddie wants us to play; high pressing, good finisher, creative etc.

I thought it was pricey, but then I've watched him play. It could turn out a very fair price.

*£45m for a player who at the time had made just over 50 Prem appearances, not even 50 starts, and had very patchy erratic form and end product?

It COULD turn out to be a very fair price, but as of right now he is not worth that. So you overpaid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

*£45m for a player who at the time had made just over 50 Prem appearances, not even 50 starts, and had very patchy erratic form and end product?

It COULD turn out to be a very fair price, but as of right now he is not worth that. So you overpaid.

We were paying for potential and for the qualities reflected in his performance metrics. It's too early to call him a flop, until he flops I'm happy with the deal. 

1 minute ago, TheFish said:

We were paying for potential and for the qualities reflected in his performance metrics. It's too early to call him a flop, until he flops I'm happy with the deal. 

Well now you will have to stump up the cash for current ability rather than potential.

my guess is that just like Maddison, he wouldn’t favour your club over others.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He sounds ideal. Why are you trying to buy Barnes then?  :D

Like I said, Barnes is a genuine goal threat, plays line breaking passes and is an intelligent footballer. Gordon can play anywhere across the front.

Just now, TheFish said:

Like I said, Barnes is a genuine goal threat, plays line breaking passes and is an intelligent footballer. Gordon can play anywhere across the front.

Be interesting to see where Eddie plays him, bit dubious on the line breaking passes line but he is certainly a driving powerful attacker

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheFish said:

£45m for a highly rated young English player who just collected player of the tournament in the U21s Euro winning campaign. Gordon slots in perfectly with how Eddie wants us to play; high pressing, good finisher, creative etc.

You've just made the case for us demanding £90m+ for Barnes. 

I thought it was pricey, but then I've watched him play. It could turn out a very fair price.

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

Edit - also at the time we were taking a double figure scoring striker off a direct rival in our survival bid.

Which, two months earlier, you would neither have been able to afford nor would you have had that pull over a relegation rival. Your current status only comes from being bought out in a *highly* controversial deal, facilitated by a woman who is already facing legal action and bankruptcy claims thanks to her other extremely controversial deals, to owners that have already had to be prevented from cheating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

You've just made the case for us demanding £90m+ for Barnes. 

You shouldn't be buying potential at 25.

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

Cool.

Which, two months earlier, you would neither have been able to afford nor would you have had that pull over a relegation rival. Your current status only comes from being bought out in a *highly* controversial deal, facilitated by a woman who is already facing legal action and bankruptcy claims thanks to her other extremely controversial deals, to owners that have already had to be prevented from cheating.

Of course these transfers are purely because of the new owners. Ashley wouldn't stump up £500k to loan Hamza Choudhury. 

48 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Edit - also at the time we were taking a double figure scoring striker off a direct rival in our survival bid.

I was willing to stick up for you until I saw this laughable post while you are simultaneously defending a low bid price for Barnes. Are you a salesman by trade??

21 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Gordon can play anywhere across the front.

In as much as you can stick him in those positions and he can take the field. He's not actually proven himself to be any good in any of them yet though. He could play in goal too.

41 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Be very wary of overrated "wingers". England internationals Bowen and Sancho , twelve goals between them last season. The money that gets spent on these luxury items is ridiculous.

You're telling me. I'm still repaying the instalments on the Giraffe Lamp my ex got for our flat.

19 minutes ago, TheFish said:

You shouldn't be buying potential at 25.

Cool.

Of course these transfers are purely because of the new owners. Ashley wouldn't stump up £500k to loan Hamza Choudhury. 

you can buy potential at 25, we did just that with Jamie Vardy

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He's not JJ but he's faster than Castagne who has had a pretty solid career as a wing back. He'd "do", we have bigger concerns I think. 

Lack of genuine quality at CM and still lacking a bit of pace and ball skills at CB. 

JJ would be pretty good at CB in a 3 and it would help his injury problems if he's not bombing up and down all the time.

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

JJ would be pretty good at CB in a 3 and it would help his injury problems if he's not bombing up and down all the time.

Did you not see him getting caught out time and time again under the ball at the back post, ? Same as Castagne in a three. 

Never see the point in football, in playing square pegs in round holes 

Can we ban ****ing Newcastle fans? Dickheads the lot of them.

Sam Fender made a song about being unaware of world issues just to get pissed up on BBC news when the Saudis took over. Great example of the juxtaposition up there. Deluded and to be ignored for the sanity of the nation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The last time they won a trophy Marty McFly hadn't even arrived in the past yet.

Biff Tannen, owner of Newcastle United, winning a trophy with Doc Brown, Marty McFly and a DeLorean coming back in time to try and stop it.

UNS46Kt.png

• Haha 2