Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

1 hour ago, TheFish said:

You shouldn't be buying potential at 25.

Cool.

Of course these transfers are purely because of the new owners. Ashley wouldn't stump up £500k to loan Hamza Choudhury. 

Barnes has played more champions league games at the age of 19 than majority of your consistent starting 11 last season. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, KFS said:

Can we ban ****ing Newcastle fans? Dickheads the lot of them.

Sam Fender made a song about being unaware of world issues just to get pissed up on BBC news when the Saudis took over. Great example of the juxtaposition up there. Deluded and to be ignored for the sanity of the nation.

Good point that about Sam Fender lol

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheFish said:

Barnes has scored more, he's a much better finisher than ASM. But ASM creates more than Barnes does. That's not a subjective opinion, it's based on the opta stats I posted. 

I agree with that statement. I’d still rather have Barnes though and, in general, historically, goal scorers command a higher price than goal providers. I love ASM, I’d have him here in a heartbeat and he’s so exciting to watch. Barnes is the more valuable player though, monetarily. 

• Like 1

As someone on said here recently when will the penny drop that for the PIF now Newcastle are lower on the priorities. No issue spending a few more bob on getting someone to Saudi but dress it up as FFP concerns that you don’t want to spend the extra money on getting Maddison and Szobololai (never a chance I’m spelling that). 

7 hours ago, TheFish said:

Can you maybe clear something up? I'm being accused of being arrogant, right? I'm not wholly sure why? The reported fees for Barnes are around what I suggested, and align with Transfermarkt's valuation too. So, if we can use Transfermarkt as a very rough guide, then ASM is around the same valuation. I don't think anything there is arrogant. 

Now, if I'd said Barnes wasn't good enough for us, or that ASM was worth Maddison numbers, then, sure, call me arrogant. 

Like others have stated mate, you’re basing your values from transfer market which is way off.

Barnes has his weaknesses, but his stats are averaging a goal or assist around every 2 games from his total appearances across the past 3 seasons in the premier league. Compare that to ASM who is averaging a goal or assist every 3.5 games from his total appearances in the premier league.

Harvey put up them numbers whilst we was on the decline and had an awful manager in Rodgers, where as you guys are on the up and yet Harvey still posted better numbers. 

Barnes is also English which as we all know adds its own value due to homegrown quota that clubs have to meet in the league and especially the champions league. 

Harvey is also a year or two younger than ASM. Truth is Barnes is criminally underrated within England and even within our club and is definitely an upgrade for you guys from ASM and certainly worth a lot more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Like others have stated mate, you’re basing your values from transfer market which is way off.

Barnes has his weaknesses, but his stats are averaging a goal or assist around every 2 games from his total appearances across the past 3 seasons in the premier league. Compare that to ASM who is averaging a goal or assist every 3.5 games from his total appearances in the premier league.

Harvey put up them numbers whilst we was on the decline and had an awful manager in Rodgers, where as you guys are on the up and yet Harvey still posted better numbers. 

Barnes is also English which as we all know adds its own value due to homegrown quota that clubs have to meet in the league and especially the champions league. 

Harvey is also a year or two younger than ASM. Truth is Barnes is criminally underrated within England and even within our club and is definitely an upgrade for you guys from ASM and certainly worth a lot more.

To add, Gordon averages a goal or assist every 6.5 games from his total appearances in the premier league the previous 3 seasons.

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I think Doyle and Coady are confirmations of a 3 at the back. 

I'm not sure we'll sign Piroe. I think that involves selling at least one of Daka and Iheanacho. I think we're more likely to sign a genuine right winger.

Borges on loan from Man City would be a ludicrously good signing IMO.  Would also love to see us have a look at Jesurun Rak-Sakyi as well.

GK - Steffen (If he's fit)

RCB - Justin/Faes/Souttar

CB - Coady

LCB - Doyle

RWB - Ricardo

CM - Winks

CM - KDH/Soumare/Ndidi

LWB - Justin/Kristiansen/Thomas

RW - Rak-Sakyi/Borges

LW - Mavididi

ST - Vardy/Iheanacho/Daka

If we don't sign those wingers in time then I think it'll be more of a 3-5-2 with an extra midfielder and two strikers.

...Borges would play on the left. Rak-Sakyi, Irankunda for the Right Wing!!!

On 12/07/2023 at 15:22, TheFish said:

Just using them in line with the quoted figures in the press e.g. Press is saying around £35m, on here you're mostly talking about c£40m, right? Barnes is valued £32m, so not a million miles off. 

I think you’ll be surprised how good Barnes is. Personally I think 50-60mill is fair and tbh I wouldn’t want to sell him anyway, if we didn’t have to.

There’s only 2 players who play in the EPL in a similar position who scored more than Barnes (13 Goals)  last season…

Salah, Saka and Rashford 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

There’s only 2 players who play in the EPL in a similar position who scored more than Barnes (13 Goals)  last season…

Salah, Saka and Rashford 

I count 1 player there lol