Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

31 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Couldn´t agree more. And suddenly they are part of the so called "big 7"  - on what grounds? They have won **** all for decades and because you are state owned doesn´t make you a "big team".

That depends entirely on who is making the definition

I always say big 5, Spurs really no bigger than Everton or Villa but anyway I digress, I hope Barnes does stay or if not we don't just practically give him away. Do we need more money? Don't know but if he stays then we shouldnt need too many more players as id like us o promote some youth. 

14 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I always say big 5, Spurs really no bigger than Everton or Villa but anyway I digress, I hope Barnes does stay or if not we don't just practically give him away. Do we need more money? Don't know but if he stays then we shouldnt need too many more players as id like us o promote some youth. 

The key thing was getting a load of players off the payroll…. I suspect we can cope with keeping him…

Just now, kingpower said:

Interesting and not sure how reliable . Could suggest they have moved on from Barnes or are bluffing to force our hand into accepting their offer

IMG_0402.jpeg

Considering he'll cost more than Barnes (significantly more), not sure how tight their purse strings are according to Howe lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kingpower said:

Interesting and not sure how reliable . Could suggest they have moved on from Barnes or are bluffing to force our hand into accepting their offer

IMG_0402.jpeg

They’ve also supposedly bid about 80m quid, so they can **** off if 25 is truly what they’ve put down for Barnes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

The ‘big’ clubs are rated on turn over (which should dictate finishing position).  Spurs are still comfortably in the big six and newcastle, villa and Everton still some way off. Newcastle’s income this coming season will be interesting as they try to bridge the £200m+ difference to the big six.   Villa and Everton are probably 250m behind spurs.  West Ham a bigger income generator than villa and Everton and would be less then 200m behind spurs 

3 minutes ago, kingpower said:

IMG_0402.jpeg

They apparently can't afford* Barnes until they sell ASM. They aren't spending 80m on Kvara. 

I also don't believe for one minute that De Laurentiis would let him go for anything south of 100m right now. They want 150m for Osimhen and I don't see them being willing to sell both in one window. 

It's complete nonsense. Probably one of the least believable rumours of the window so far for any team. 

(*obviously they have the cash at hand but they need to balance FFP.)

7 minutes ago, kingpower said:

IMG_0402.jpeg

(Social) Media have no shame, that’s clearly nonsense

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I think he will go on deadline day, he's not leaving now.

It would be worth selling him for £5 million less now, so we can reinvest. Imagine if we missed out on promotion by a couple of dropped points in August, due to messing around. Play him if we are gonna waste 6 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

It would be worth selling him for £5 million less now, so we can reinvest. Imagine if we missed out on promotion by a couple of dropped points in August, due to messing around. Play him if we are gonna waste 6 weeks.

I see what you mean but I’m not sure it would be possible to associate a few dropped points directly to holding on to barnes for a little longer. 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Considering he'll cost more than Barnes (significantly more), not sure how tight their purse strings are according to Howe lol

yeah quite the play from Newcastle to make us move the price, 

I'd be laughing at them tbf trying to lowball us then "linked" with Kvavadonnalol

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

And suddenly they are part of the so called "big 7"  - on what grounds?

On what grounds?

Money.

People say 'big' but what that actually means is 'rich.'

And Newcastle are now richer than anyone, and as they find their way through FFP (always so tricky for the super-rich) that will inevitably translate into competing for stuff, and probably winning some of it.

Given the money Man City and Newcastle have behind them, there might be a 'big' two before long. Or three, probably, once Qatar get Man Utd.

• Like 1

I think the big 6 or big 7 in reality is mainly based on money. Warranted that money usually brings success. Outlets like sky add the hype that goes with that money. A prime example, although seems small is the fact that when you look on the sky sports app, they have transfer news for the big 6 in individual tabs. However, rest of prem has it in one tab. Newcastle, despite not having success yet on the field automatically got their own tab as soon as the takeover happened. This is because (1) their owners are talking to right people and paying the right Poeple (sky) to add them to the narrative. (2) news outlets are there to get clicks and drive engagement. For them, they know Newcastle will be linked to high profile players so it make sense for them to change to a big 7 narrative. When we had a similar to level of success to many of those big 6, sky never chose to buy into it as rightly so they knew, without money, it wouldn’t last. 

• Like 1

I think Barnes is trying to force a deal to Newcastle through. I would suggest an offer has been received ( may be 25m+ additions) that was turned down, and Newcastle have said take or leave. In my experience the manager when asked why is was not available yesterday and in the week would have said he a sleight calf/hamstring/ankle issue not 'he felt something' Could he be making himself unavailable until it is resolved ? Will he go on tour ??  

1 hour ago, jock2612 said:

I think Barnes is trying to force a deal to Newcastle through. I would suggest an offer has been received ( may be 25m+ additions) that was turned down, and Newcastle have said take or leave. In my experience the manager when asked why is was not available yesterday and in the week would have said he a sleight calf/hamstring/ankle issue not 'he felt something' Could he be making himself unavailable until it is resolved ? Will he go on tour ??  

You are talking absolute tripe....Harvey has done nothing of the sort....i know his dad and can assure you he will stay focused and its up to the club to determine his next steps.....

The lad is a Leicester boy and would probably have signed a new contract had we not been relegated and he has aspirations to play for England so understandable if he did move on but your talking rubbish!

• Like 2