Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

(Social) Media have no shame, that’s clearly nonsense

It is based on reports in Italian media (Gazzetto Della Sport, I think) they they have bid £82m for him. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 hours ago, jock2612 said:

I think Barnes is trying to force a deal to Newcastle through. I would suggest an offer has been received ( may be 25m+ additions) that was turned down, and Newcastle have said take or leave. In my experience the manager when asked why is was not available yesterday and in the week would have said he a sleight calf/hamstring/ankle issue not 'he felt something' Could he be making himself unavailable until it is resolved ? Will he go on tour ??  

That doesnt sound like him? Obviously i don't know him but he just doesnt seem the sort to do that

15 minutes ago, Hales said:

That doesnt sound like him? Obviously i don't know him but he just doesnt seem the sort to do that

I am sure he will be taking strong council from his dad and his agent. He has perhaps six or seven years to maximise his income. A five year contract with Newcastle could realise £30 million. We cannot match that and sentiment will have to take a back seat. He is no mercenary but he is a professional footballer.

4 hours ago, kingpower said:

Interesting and not sure how reliable . Could suggest they have moved on from Barnes or are bluffing to force our hand into accepting their offer

IMG_0402.jpeg

Some bluff… listen our hands are tied due to ffp so 25m is our final offer…

lads they don’t seem to be taking the bait re our ffp constraints so let’s offer 80m for Kvaratskhelia that will show them lol 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DezFox said:

I see what you mean but I’m not sure it would be possible to associate a few dropped points directly to holding on to barnes for a little longer. 

.. it could work out to be more than 2 dropped points in this situation!!!

If we need the funds to bring in Borges and Rak-Sakyi and a forward and it became too late in the window to do the deals, then there is going to be repercussions. 

We have to make a decision how long and how much we are going to hold out for, before we commit to playing him and not selling. 

• Like 1

Our budget is tighter than people expect, not necessarily because of fees (we can amortise them over 5yr deals), it's the wages that are posing the problem. For example, that link to Kvaratskhelia is nonsense. Not only would that equate to about £16m a season for a 5yr deal, he'd be demanding huge wages, comfortably over £150k a week and we don't have the room in the budget to accommodate that. Not without getting rid of a few players who're on good wages already. And we don't have that many players who are already on big deals. ASM 'only' earns about £70k, and our other saleable assets are closer to £40k pw. 

Barnes for £40-45m plus decent wage vs Kvaratskhelia for £82m + big wage? No brainer for me. 

• Like 1

40m + add ons for Top 4 finishes and Champions League seems a fair deal. Make a decent offer get it done, stop pissing around. This is what Rudders should be saying, Dont call me if yo uare going to waste my time simple 20m per season for 10 goals and some assists is a bargain (based on contract left). 

Some championship clogger is probably going to cost 15-20m so unless Barnes is really throwing a stink id keep him rather than sell a contracted for 2 year player low ball. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If any club owned by PIF buys a player from Newcastle, it shouldn't count towards FFP. 

If they want to move players around between their clubs, that's fine. No biggy. No different to the Pozzos moving Watford and Udinese assets around or us sending loans to OHL. 

But if they're actually end up able to afford Barnes and stay FFP compliant because one of their other clubs buys ASM for the conveniently necessary amount to cover it then that's probably the biggest crime against supposed financial "fair play" to date. 

Whilst I agree with you, the problem is the Saudi’s for example will just work together with a different owner buying the player and then selling him to another Saudi team for the same amount so everyone wins. Then the favour will be returned which is then out of our hands because it’s deals between two Saudi clubs.

Does that make sense?

1 hour ago, TheFish said:

Our budget is tighter than people expect, not necessarily because of fees (we can amortise them over 5yr deals), it's the wages that are posing the problem. For example, that link to Kvaratskhelia is nonsense. Not only would that equate to about £16m a season for a 5yr deal, he'd be demanding huge wages, comfortably over £150k a week and we don't have the room in the budget to accommodate that. Not without getting rid of a few players who're on good wages already. And we don't have that many players who are already on big deals. ASM 'only' earns about £70k, and our other saleable assets are closer to £40k pw. 

Barnes for £40-45m plus decent wage vs Kvaratskhelia for £82m + big wage? No brainer for me. 

Looks like a €100m bid gone in from yourselves. The era has started.

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If any club owned by PIF buys a player from Newcastle, it shouldn't count towards FFP. 

Well said, but it’s more complicated. 

To be fair to Newcastle, they can see Chelsea doing it with clubs they’re only partly in line with and if they’re getting away with it, it makes sense.

Other clubs (including ourselves) have the joint ownership issues that UEFA and FIFA should have clamped down on years ago. Horse has bolted now.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Looks like a €100m bid gone in from yourselves. The era has started.

What's the source for that?

I've only seen media outlets quoting other media outlets quoting some random Saudi website called WinWinAllSports. Nothing remotely credible.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness, The Athletic did a bit on this in which they talked about Clearlake and how much of a small amount of the pot PIF will actually own. They largely downplayed the Chelsea/Saudi conspiracy theory and whilst you could go ultra tinfoil hat and say they were paid to, I have to say it did make sense. 

But Newcastle and Al Ahli literally have the same owners. Like, actually literally, they're not even bothering to hide it through multiple layers of investment. They're both just PIF. It's literally just moving their money from one account to another but with NUFC able to gain some FFP compliance as a result. 

There are rules to stop King Power or Etihad or whoever circumnavigating FFP by paying disproportionately high prices for Sponsorship as a way of pumping in extra money to the club to count against FFP. So there needs to be tighter restrictions to stop owners of multiple clubs doing it with player transfers. 

Bed you don’t say this when Vestergaard goes to Belgium for £75m. ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Bed you don’t say this when Vestergaard goes to Belgium for £75m. ;)

I'll be honest, it genuinely does surprise me we've barely seemed to do anything that shady with OHL to be honest which is to the credit of the KP group. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'll be honest, it genuinely does surprise me we've barely seemed to do anything that shady with OHL to be honest which is to the credit of the KP group. 

Just now, moore_94 said:

We already used Leuven to screw Sheff Wed out of a few million for Hirst haha

Except that, I forgot about that lol lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TheFish said:

What's the source for that?

I've only seen media outlets quoting other media outlets quoting some random Saudi website called WinWinAllSports. Nothing remotely credible.

Corri sport- Italian New outlet.