Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

We won't get a sniff at 60 million. The problem is ,at the moment , Newcastle have no rivals for him. If they will only go to 35 , the club will have to keep him or swallow their pride. Glad its not my decision.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We won't get a sniff at 60 million. The problem is ,at the moment , Newcastle have no rivals for him. If they will only go to 35 , the club will have to keep him or swallow their pride. Glad its not my decision.

Keep!

If I was the DoF I would get the Transfer Squad working full on trying to get some outgoings other than Barnes.  If we can get rid of anybody that gives us a cash injection of sorts and a lower wage bill, this is a better option than Rudders having his boxers lowered by Staveley and the Camel Crew. A mini Fire sale might be best tactic although not the ideal option.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If I was the DoF I would get the Transfer Squad working full on trying to get some outgoings other than Barnes.  If we can get rid of anybody that gives us a cash injection of sorts and a lower wage bill, this is a better option than Rudders having his boxers lowered by Staveley and the Camel Crew. A mini Fire sale might be best tactic although not the ideal option.

Woah, wait! Are you telling us that we can sell players other than Barnes?!

WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD THE CLUB THIS??! They should really look into this revelation, what a great strategy that would be...

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Be interesting to see if he travels with us later this week, that will be quite telling I think. 

Like with all the other deals including casadei they just fly that person back if something gets sorted. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

And then we drop out of the top 6 because he leaves in January...

If he’s got 15 goals/assists before Christmas he’d be insane to leave us because we’d be clear at the top of the league. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bert said:

If he’s got 15 goals/assists before Christmas he’d be insane to leave us because we’d be clear at the top of the league. 

You have way more faith in our defence that I do. Barnes and Maddison was both getting goal contributions at a great rate last season but it didn’t matter we were gifting teams 2-3 goals a game. 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

You have way more faith in our defence that I do. Barnes and Maddison was both getting goal contributions at a great rate last season but it didn’t matter we were gifting teams 2-3 goals a game. 

We're not going to do that this season.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

We're not going to do that this season.

Maybe not to that level but I’m far from convinced our goals conceded column is going to suddenly become the best in the division either, especially when you consider how awful the likes of Ndidi and KDH were at protecting the defence last season. Having one attacker getting 15 goal contributions from 23 games is far from a guarantee of running away at the top of the league.