Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Maybe not to that level but I’m far from convinced our goals conceded column is going to suddenly become the best in the division either, especially when you consider how awful the likes of Ndidi and KDH were at protecting the defence last season. Having one attacker getting 15 goal contributions from 23 games is far from a guarantee of running away at the top of the league. 

The defence will be totally different,

Simply because of set up,and tactics,last season has gone,a new wind on ideology has blown in.Even with some old guard from last season,their approach will also be totally different.

Though I will be more positive than many,any change will bring it's teething problems...

How we see Leicester having a chance to achieve & be successfull we have to 

wait and see..

Even if fans have followed the championship,we will see it with a different perspective, because we all have  a tendency to now follow it with the eye of the Leicester fan and it's various bad ass bias that accompany it..

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Maybe not to that level but I’m far from convinced our goals conceded column is going to suddenly become the best in the division either, especially when you consider how awful the likes of Ndidi and KDH were at protecting the defence last season. Having one attacker getting 15 goal contributions from 23 games is far from a guarantee of running away at the top of the league. 

I mean, to be fair, early signs are that almost the entire defence and defensive midfield is going to be different personnel, a different system, a completely different coaching staff and playing at a much lower level. 

Coady, Doyle, Winks, Hermansen and Maresca himself all represent a completely clean sheet. Even Faes, Souttar and VK are almost unknown quantities given the context they came in to the side and the enormous change of circumstances since. 

Ricardo is our only real established "defender" and nobody really doubts his quality. 

I can't say I'm massively worried about our defence to be honest. Given we're determined to persist with 343 I'm more concerned about the other end of the pitch as selling Barnes leaves us with 0 wide players of sufficient quality. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Get it done for 40.

Split it in half. Send @Ric Flair off to BENELUX with one half and @Tommy Fresh off to Bolivia or wherever with the rest and they come back with a bunch of wonderkids each.

#letsgo

Pfft, I wouldn't sully myself with Bolivia whilst I have a pool of Venzuelans, Chileans and Uruguayans to sign. (Ignore I have actually suggested a Bolivian) Anyway sounds like the sort of stratergy that would end up with intervention from the Foreign Secretary or me and @Ric Flair on an episode of banged up abroad.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Pfft, I wouldn't sully myself with Bolivia whilst I have a pool of Venzuelans, Chileans and Uruguayans to sign. (Ignore I have actually suggested a Bolivian) Anyway sounds like the sort of stratergy that would end up with intervention from the Foreign Secretary or me and @Ric Flair on an episode of banged up abroad.

"They promised us an amazing winger if we just took this suitcase of plaster cast statues of Jesus back to England...."

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Zian Fleming (granted he will cost 10m) as an alternative to Casadei may be worth a punt?

Much more than £10m I reckon. But yeah, proven at this level based on last season. Good player. 

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’ve enjoyed shouting “go on Barnesy” whenever he gets the ball. I just hope our replacement signing is also called Barnes 

Pity you (and 30,000 others) didn’t shout at him more when we didn’t have the ball.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

"They promised us an amazing winger if we just took this suitcase of plaster cast statues of Jesus back to England...."

Bit of a misunderstanding, what they actually promised was a lot of whizz. 

• Haha 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12311215/Newcastle-close-agreeing-deal-Leicester-Harvey-Barnes.html

Newcastle close to agreeing deal for Leicester's Harvey Barnes - meaning Allan Saint-Maximin could leave

Newcastle are close to agreeing a deal for Harvey Barnes as Leicester prepare to travel to Thailand on Thursday.

Barnes is a prominent target for the Magpies and isset to be sold this summer, with the Foxes valuing the winger around the £35-40million mark. The deal could be completed in the coming days.

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12311215/Newcastle-close-agreeing-deal-Leicester-Harvey-Barnes.html

Newcastle close to agreeing deal for Leicester's Harvey Barnes - meaning Allan Saint-Maximin could leave

Newcastle are close to agreeing a deal for Harvey Barnes as Leicester prepare to travel to Thailand on Thursday.

Barnes is a prominent target for the Magpies and isset to be sold this summer, with the Foxes valuing the winger around the £35-40million mark. The deal could be completed in the coming days.

Don’t want him to go but if he is just get it done ASAP please so we can move on with signing our attacking players.