Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Might as well just give up at this point. If this is allowed top flight football is done 

To be fair, Saudi clubs have been spending more than this on inferior players this summer, I still cannot get over them paying us what we paid for Ahmed Musa either 😂😂😂

Just now, Ric Flair said:

To be fair, Saudi clubs have been spending more than this on inferior players this summer, I still cannot get over them paying us what we paid for Ahmed Musa either 😂😂😂

But this isn't just "a Saudi club", this is literally the exact same owners transferring money to themselves. 

• Like 4

Lots of chips on lots of shoulders 

ask a group of football fans what they value ASM and Barnes at and I reckon there isn’t much difference,  because we are relegated and barnes won’t sign a new deal in any event, his price is suppressed a bit. if we get to £40m with add ons then I think we’ve done well in the circumstances 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

ask a group of football fans what they value ASM and Barnes at and I reckon there isn’t much difference,  because we are relegated and barnes won’t sign a new deal in any event, his price is suppressed a bit. if we get to £40m wit( add ons then I think we’ve done well in the circumstances 

Look at the stats though, Barnes is miles ahead. He has 2 years left so doesn't actually HAVE to go. 

40m is I think a reasonable price with probably 10m add ons based on champions league, top 4 etc. 

I think that Newcastle suggesting ASM is 40m worth of player is a bit silly and unrealistic.

That said if it allows us to move on and get our business done that so be it.

If we can shift Castagne, Praet, Ndidi, Soumare, and somehow ditch Ward and Vestergard we are almost there! 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 4

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

Look at the stats though, Barnes is miles ahead. He has 2 tears left so doesn't actually HAVE to go. 

40m is I think a reasonable price with probably 10m add ons based on champions league, top 4 etc. 

I think that Newcastle suggesting ASM is 40m worth of player is a bit silly and unrealistic.

That said if it allows us to move on and get our business done that so be it.

If we can shift Castagne, Praet, Ndidi, Soumare, and somehow ditch Ward and Vestergard we are almost there! 

I think barnes’ stats are skewed a bit because he’s been our only effective winger for the past few years - hence we directed most of our attacks through him 

I would accept the injury issue with ASM but Saudi clubs wont be putting the same playing stresses on players as here. 

Barnes has two years left but he won’t sign a new deal. Waiting until next summer will bring his value lower (especially so  if we don’t go up) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

one can only hope they pay us what we paid for Soumare, Ndidi and Ward

i can wish i suppose

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

one can only hope they pay us what we paid for Soumare, Ndidi and Ward

i can wish i suppose

I've got this outrageous inkling Fulham are going to buy Ndidi, Castagne and Iheanacho for £35m.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

ask a group of football fans what they value ASM and Barnes at and I reckon there isn’t much difference,  because we are relegated and barnes won’t sign a new deal in any event, his price is suppressed a bit. if we get to £40m with add ons then I think we’ve done well in the circumstances 

Why does his value go down just because we were relegated? He's a proven premier league goal scorer. Value doesn't drop. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

You’ll see when the plane takes off for Bangkok 

he either comes with cos we don’t need to sell him or his knee issue means he has to stay behind

Exactly my thoughts. 

Let's not get it twisted, many a team in the Prem would want Barnes, he scored more than some/most prem strikers in the League last year. More than most wingers too.

We don't get bullied in transfer negotiations, the evidence is there. Pay what we want if a club really does want him or don't have the player. If he stays he tears it up in the Championship and helps us get promoted... 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Exactly my thoughts. 

Let's not get it twisted, many a team in the Prem would want Barnes, he scored more than some/most prem strikers in the League last year. More than most wingers too.

We don't get bullied in transfer negotiations, the evidence is there. Pay what we want if a club really does want him or don't have the player. If he stays he tears it up in the Championship and helps us get promoted... 

I tend to agree but had we stayed up, we wouldn't be entertaining bids for him unless they were off the scale.