Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Exactly my thoughts. 

Let's not get it twisted, many a team in the Prem would want Barnes, he scored more than some/most prem strikers in the League last year. More than most wingers too.

We don't get bullied in transfer negotiations, the evidence is there. Pay what we want if a club really does want him or don't have the player. If he stays he tears it up in the Championship and helps us get promoted... 

I don’t think he’s guaranteed to tear up the Championship. Such a frustrating player for me as he can be so good, but also so poor. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Frost said:

I mean, he wasn't exactly great last season yet I can't imagine the next time we'll have a winger on our books who will post those sort of numbers in the PL again; hopefully we've learnt our lesson from the horrifc attempts to replace Mahrez, but I'm not so sure.

To be honest, I'm pretty happy to see the back of almost anyone in the current squad but Barnes' departure is a real kick in the teeth.

He wasn’t great? He was probably our best player……

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Players like Barnes get you promoted. If he scores 15 in the PL pretty sure there is a good chance he will tear it up in the championship.

Hardly any wide players in Europe who have the same numbers as Barnes.

Disgrace if newcastle manage to sell saint max for same price as we're getting for Barnes. Broken football.

It's not broken at all. There's a reason why our door hasn't been knocked down by clubs wanting to buy him. 

Just now, Viva said:

It's not broken at all. There's a reason why our door hasn't been knocked down by clubs wanting to buy him. 

Nothing broken about a Saudi team  that have links with newcastle owners buying a tinpot player for the same price we are getting for Barnes.

Just now, adam said:

Nothing broken about a Saudi team  that have links with newcastle owners buying a tinpot player for the same price we are getting for Barnes.

Saudi clubs will always have to overpay to buy players regardless of links to Newcastle. 

One thing I will say is he hasn't been quite the same since his injury against Villa, before that he was really looking like the real deal. One thing is for sure because of the incompetence of the club, namely Rudkin we are unlikely to ever see a winger like him again on our team. 

IF we can get £40 million and replace him with several quality attacking players for this level, I'll get over it. But I still think there is no reason to let him go for less. As a worse player in a worse team, he shat all over the Championship last time he was here. If he stayed he'd be the best player in the league and could mean the difference between staying here and going up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

You have to question the sanity of our fans at times. He ripped the ****ing Championship up 4 years ago. He's just scored 13 goals in the best league in the world. 

He was struggling at times because he was playing with absolute dross who didn't give a flying **** most the time. There are players described by some as world class who wouldn't have scored 13 goals from the wing in our team last season.

Mad how much shit players from our own city get. It genuinely is just because they come from the academy that there's this pre conceived assumption they've just waltzed into the squad, and would never be there otherwise. 

I don’t think any are calling him a bad player. Just that he’s either not worth the hugely inflated price some people think he’s worth, or that he could have done better recently for the quality he has. 

Rodrigo from Leeds scored 13 last season too and found himself on the bench often. It’s not just all about goals. I’m not having anyone tell me he had a great season last year with one assist all season. He was one of our better players, but he still contributed to our relegation. I think his inconsistency has probably put off the top teams from coming in for him. 

In an ideal world you keep your best players, but if his money means we strengthen our team in more places, then I’m ok with it. 

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

You have to question the sanity of our fans at times. He ripped the ****ing Championship up 4 years ago. He's just scored 13 goals in the best league in the world. 

He was struggling at times because he was playing with absolute dross who didn't give a flying **** most the time. There are players described by some as world class who wouldn't have scored 13 goals from the wing in our team last season.

Mad how much shit players from our own city get. It genuinely is just because they come from the academy that there's this pre conceived assumption they've just waltzed into the squad, and would never be there otherwise. 

Great post. Leicester fans are dickheads to any player from the local area lol

• Haha 1

Funny how Newcastle fans don't want to be exploited with the Barnes deal, but then they'll happily take full advantage of their connections and links to fund their transfers for a player that shouldn't be going anywhere for half the fee reported...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Howe is playing the FFP card again i see.... 

Why do they care? All that would happen is they would get fined? no one else seems to care?

I actually think it’s a sensible stance to take, the truth is the big 6 have stitched up the rest of the league with these FFP rules so it prohibits clubs from going out and spending big year after year, Newcastle’s fans clearly thought they would be the next Man City but in reality they aren’t able to do that, so he is tempering their expectations. That’s not to say they won’t have a decent amount to spend but it will still be restricted unless they can get creative which to some degree the sale of ASM is. 

Maybe we should get Top to move our deadwood to the Thai league for inflated fees 😊 

16 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Feeling a ‘here we go’ for Barnes today..

Any player exchange between Newcastle and the PIF clubs, make a joke of the entire system. Saying that im surprised they didt pump more money in through this transfer. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I actually think it’s a sensible stance to take, the truth is the big 6 have stitched up the rest of the league with these FFP rules so it prohibits clubs from going out and spending big year after year, Newcastle’s fans clearly thought they would be the next Man City but in reality they aren’t able to do that, so he is tempering their expectations. That’s not to say they won’t have a decent amount to spend but it will still be restricted unless they can get creative which to some degree the sale of ASM is. 

Maybe we should get Top to move our deadwood to the Thai league for inflated fees 😊 

I dont get how they can then just blow 70m+ on Tonali ? 

It is going to turn into a playing laundering with them and Saudi. No idea how it is being over looked.