Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I dont get how they can then just blow 70m+ on Tonali ? 

It is going to turn into a playing laundering with them and Saudi. No idea how it is being over looked. 

This whole saudi money laundering thing is too wide scale now and they wont do anything about it. Better off scrapping FFP and just letting every team go wild and just have a quota on english players that teams will need to fulfil.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Its probably the same person at Newcastle and Al Ahli emailing each other with what appears to be hard line negotiations but from two different email addresses

Then when the final face-to-face meeting takes place, it's the same person moving from one side of the desk to the other, putting a hat on then taking it off, to hammer out the last details.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

It is going to turn into a playing laundering with them and Saudi. No idea how it is being over looked. 

They will have a transfer budget like all clubs but it isn’t a limitless pot due to FFP therefore rather than bloat the squad with mediocre signings they most likely will target 2/3 high quality signings who enhance the starting XI and by default strengthens the overall squad depth. 

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Funny how Newcastle fans don't want to be exploited with the Barnes deal, but then they'll happily take full advantage of their connections and links to fund their transfers for a player that shouldn't be going anywhere for half the fee reported...

Romano is reporting that the ASM fee is £21m 

I dint think it’s in Newcastle’s interest for any fee from Saudi to look ‘too high’. 

10 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

They underspent for many years under Ashley. Hence they had plenty of slack to spend on fees over the first couple years. They’ve pretty much taken care of that over the past few windows and now they need to make some sales to stay within the boundaries. I know they got about 15m for wood and with approx 20m for ASM I would think they will look to take in another 10/15m before the end of the window. Barnes will not be their last purchase this window either.  

they are being heavily scrutinised by the big six who are desperate for them to slip up - moral hypocrisy on a grand scale !

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Romano is reporting that the ASM fee is £21m 

I dint think it’s in Newcastle’s interest for any fee from Saudi to look ‘too high’. 

They underspent for many years under Ashley. Hence they had plenty of slack to spend on fees over the first couple years. They’ve pretty much taken care of that over the past few windows and now they need to make some sales to stay within the boundaries. I know they got about 15m for wood and with approx 20m for ASM I would think they will look to take in another 10/15m before the end of the window. Barnes will not be their last purchase this window either.  

they are being heavily scrutinised by the big six who are desperate for them to slip up - moral hypocrisy on a grand scale !

Out of the big 6 - if Man City start to point any fingers at Newcastle that would be irony personified. 

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Howe is playing the FFP card again i see.... 

Why do they care? All that would happen is they would get fined? no one else seems to care?

Can't win, do what Man Utd and the others have done and we'd be shot with shit, don't break FFP and we're criticised as well. lol

3 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Can't win, do what Man Utd and the others have done and we'd be shot with shit, don't break FFP and we're criticised as well. lol

its the usual tho, one rule for one , one rule for another

everton will probably get away with it too, give they are one of the prem golden old boys

6 minutes ago, TheFish said:

I think you are missing the point.  Blatant Sports Washing being used to get around FFP compliance is something that should be stamped out immediately. Man U have not employed that specific tactic as far as I am aware?

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheFish said:

To be fair its not like you havent bent the rules to get these owners in the first place is it. 

Howe pleading poverty  is soon going to get boring especially if you dont have a season like last.

No club should be able to sell any players to clubs that are owned by the same people. 

• Like 2

I'd be happier if there was some confidence that the club can recruit a couple of decent wingers. Every year Leicester get someone in on loan and it doesn't work out looking for another Mahrez. The exception was Lookman  but no agreement was struck and he has gone on to do very well in Italy. I'm pretty sure Newcastle will have a punt with Barnes just waiting to see what sort of derisory offer they start with

There are new rules in place that prevent sales between owned clubs who can play in the same competition 

so we are no longer able to sell or buy from leuven 

I could argue that the fifa club World championship means that every club is potentially able to play another at some point so that should mean no owned clubs can trade globally.  But then they’ll just get around it to some degree via loans ????

The fact the club have publicly said they would listen to offers for him.suggests to me that the need the money to finance other invomings. 

The need to raise funds and free up his wages plus he's obviously set to play at a Level lower than his ability, leaves us with very few cards when it comes to negotiating a good price.

Buying clubs will know out position and will.only pay what they think he's worth to them, and that may be a lot lower than we as fans think he's worth.

I think £30m bid will eventually see him leave preferably sooner rather than later so we can finance other incomings. 

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

This whole saudi money laundering thing is too wide scale now and they wont do anything about it. Better off scrapping FFP and just letting every team go wild and just have a quota on english players that teams will need to fulfil.

I feel the same about drugs in athletics.

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There are new rules in place that prevent sales between owned clubs who can play in the same competition 

so we are no longer able to sell or buy from leuven 

I could argue that the fifa club World championship means that every club is potentially able to play another at some point so that should mean no owned clubs can trade globally.  But then they’ll just get around it to some degree via loans ????

Have they actually changed the rules yet?

The only main rule I am aware of is regarding same owned clubs not being allowed to play in Europe together

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Have they actually changed the rules yet?

The only main rule I am aware of is regarding same owned clubs not being allowed to play in Europe together

Talk sport said it this morning.  appreciate that makes it less likely to be true😀

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Funny to watch Newcastle pretend to be a normal club that cares about ffp. 

I love the way Pep tells us Man City haven't bid for a player because they can't afford it. Then pundits say how wisely they spend money. Cue £100m Grealish Transfer and 800k a week wages for Haaland. 

Dyche was probably the best when he finally splashed the cash a bit with Burnley. It was like his bald head couldn't compute he's now spent pound notes.

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Then when the final face-to-face meeting takes place, it's the same person moving from one side of the desk to the other, putting a hat on then taking it off, to hammer out the last details.

Half and half shirts? Lol

When they allowed big clubs to take the piss is when it really started. Manure and them lot are all a bunch of fuchin fake plastic cheating cvnts. Newcastle is just the new boy on the block.

Nobody in power will make a real decision because their getting kickbacks or foreign  government/big companies will have direct talks to uk about political stuff, oil, mcdonalds (lol), military or whatever and they will just turn a blind eye.

Football is dead folks, we are just a bunch of chumps really hoping for another Leicester miracle. It's best the top X fuch off so we can all go back to enjoying football again even if we arent in the top flight.

• Like 1