Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Not really arsed he’s going tbf. Brilliant player on his day but we need new blood, players that want to be here and play for the shirt. He clearly is another that wants a new challenge. Good luck to him and let’s invest the money wisely. Helps with FFP quite significantly too with him being home grown. Think we’ll see business quite quickly after this is done. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I think you are missing the point.  Blatant Sports Washing being used to get around FFP compliance is something that should be stamped out immediately. Man U have not employed that specific tactic as far as I am aware?

My tongue was firmly in cheek. You're right, no ownership should be able to trade players between their clubs, unfortunately it's a well trodden path.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You can't do what Manchester United have done, they use their enormous commercial revenue because they're one of the biggest clubs on the planet. You don't have that because nobody much gives a shit about Newcastle outside of the North East. 

For what it's worth I don't like FFP, it's a joke and it's absolutely there just to stop New Rich clubs from breaking the monopoly the likes of United and Liverpool have. 

But whilst it exists, being allowed to get around it by having another club you own buy your own players is absolutely absurd. It's literally like a little kid on Football Manager cheating by playing two clubs at once. Selling players is hard, finding someone willing to take ASM off you for a fee like that should be hard. There's a reason we've been stuck with a whole load of dead wood for years we fvcked up in buying. 

I appreciate you can't directly help who owns your football club and I don't expect you to be flogged as fans for their sins but we (and by we I mean football fans in general not just Leicester supporters) would certainly appreciate it if you had at least some self awareness. 

The shamelessness with which most of the Toon seem to have immediately started apologising for their owners and whatabouting everyone else is just tragic. 

Man Utd just paid a fine for breaking FFP despite a ridiculous commercial income. So far, we've kept within those restrictions. Like I said above, unfortunately owners have used their clubs to trade players between themselves for a while now. So if a KSA owned Saudi club bought ASM it will have the stink of that. Regardless of whomever else those state owned clubs buy, any transfer involving Newcastle will be painted as some sort of insider trading. It's not something that seems to bother UEFA and FIFA or the various league associations, but it's valid criticism, in my opinion. 

I think your wrong about the proportion of Newcastle fans who've fully bought into the Saudi ownership. The percentage who wore tea towels is tiny, the number online with Saudi flags in their bios are small in number, but loud as hell. Majority of the fans I've spoken to don't like the fact we're owner by despots, some don't care, some think they've 'saved the club'. Ironically, we're not all united.

Hope you haven't mistaken anything I've said for defending the Saudi regime or the amoral stance the PL, FA and Government took in permitting the takeover. 

I'm going to ignore the little digs at the club I support, if that's all right? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Man Utd just paid a fine for breaking FFP despite a ridiculous commercial income. So far, we've kept within those restrictions. Like I said above, unfortunately owners have used their clubs to trade players between themselves for a while now. So if a KSA owned Saudi club bought ASM it will have the stink of that. Regardless of whomever else those state owned clubs buy, any transfer involving Newcastle will be painted as some sort of insider trading. It's not something that seems to bother UEFA and FIFA or the various league associations, but it's valid criticism, in my opinion. 

I think your wrong about the proportion of Newcastle fans who've fully bought into the Saudi ownership. The percentage who wore tea towels is tiny, the number online with Saudi flags in their bios are small in number, but loud as hell. Majority of the fans I've spoken to don't like the fact we're owner by despots, some don't care, some think they've 'saved the club'. Ironically, we're not all united.

Hope you haven't mistaken anything I've said for defending the Saudi regime or the amoral stance the PL, FA and Government took in permitting the takeover. 

Nope

• Like 2

Cheerio Harvey. Best of luck. I've loved watching him play, but his tendency to go missing in certain matches was painful, too. Needs someone to take a hold of him and take him to the next level.

Gutted he's going, but that's part of the punishment for our demise isn't it. If the sale of Maddy and Harvey pretty much allows for a total refresh of the team, then so be it. 

Hopefully we can move on two or three more to add further shrapnel to our money box. So I'm both sad about is departure, and excited for what the future might hold.

Here's hoping

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Why Aye Man 👍

Good player for us. Sometimes a joy to watch but sometimes bloody frustrating. There never seemed to be a good performance. Was either very good or shit.

Had moments off attacking magic but his ability to get back and defend when we were up against it was less than average. 

I think for Newcastle, this is a top half signing not a top 4. He will win them points but at the same time lose them some.

Wish him all the best. A loyal servant to the club. Can't blame him for leaving now, he is a premier league player.

Hopefully we invest the money wisely. I'm more confident we will now than a season a go. Seems our recruitment has improved a lot with the current new team in place.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, les-tah said:

This whole saudi money laundering thing is too wide scale now and they wont do anything about it. Better off scrapping FFP and just letting every team go wild and just have a quota on english players that teams will need to fulfil.

I think they should just impose a spending limit and a wage limit. Level playing field for every team. Then it’s down to the managers and the coaches. Simple. 

• Like 2

Has there been much talk on this from journos who cover us? Aside from Tom Collomosse who only seems to have picked up an interest in us last year everything has come from Newcastle reporters

4 minutes ago, lfu said:

Has there been much talk on this from journos who cover us? Aside from Tom Collomosse who only seems to have picked up an interest in us last year everything has come from Newcastle reporters

Matt Law. It’s pretty much nailed on if a fee/terms is agreed

Its probably settled on the fee but we want at least another £5 million if he scores or assists above a base figure. If he stays fit ,he almost certainly will. His pay is  going to be north of £5 million a year on a 5 year contract.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Matt Law. It’s pretty much nailed on if a fee/terms is agreed

Not doubting that, it's just surprising how little (if ever?) the likes of Percy/Tanner/etc have mentioned it. Law is an aggregate reporter who mostly covers Chelsea on the other hand, he's probably been relayed info through the Telegraph's Newcastle reporters

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

I love Barnes, unplayable on his day but I'm happy to get rid of all the Rodgers era players and start again under Maresca.

All the players that were at the club before Rodgers have all been okay to great. The players signed under Rodgers have been a shambles, can’t think of a great signing under Bodger’s,  wait to be corrected. 

13 minutes ago, lfu said:

Tom is another 'Leicester fan' that only reports on us selling players, just like Ben Jacobs who ever summer reports rubbish even though he's apparently a fan 

Just now, WarehamFox said:

All the players that were at the club before Rodgers have all been okay to great. The players signed under Rodgers have been a shambles, can’t think of a great signing under Bodger’s,  wait to be corrected. 

Fofana?

• Like 1