Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Just now, lgfualol said:

Too good for the championship, even tho he is sometimes in his own little world. 35m up front rising to a higher fee if he's any good, would be good.

He wasn't too good to help Leicester get relegated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buzzell said:

I’m gutted tbh. The one player I was hoping to keep out of everyone. He’d of done some serious damage in the Championship.

Same here. I hoped that we might build a team around his talent. Perhaps naively, I thought being a local lad, he might want to stay and fire us back to the PL, Muzzy-style but obviously not.

This isn't sour grapes, but I'm genuinely not sure how he'll fair at Newcastle. Not sure how well he'll cope with the pressure. I absolutely love the guy however I think Leicester fans (on the whole, not all) are quite forgiving as he's one of our own. Not sure Newcastle fans will react when he's anonymous for the fourth game in a row. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Same here. I hoped that we might build a team around his talent. Perhaps naively, I thought being a local lad, he might want to stay and fire us back to the PL, Muzzy-style but obviously not.

This isn't sour grapes, but I'm genuinely not sure how he'll fair at Newcastle. Not sure how well he'll cope with the pressure. I absolutely love the guy however I think Leicester fans (on the whole, not all) are quite forgiving as he's one of our own. Not sure Newcastle fans will react when he's anonymous for the fourth game in a row. 

Yep I agree, my dad constantly berates Barnes and I tell him, I get your frustration but look at his output, look at his stats, if the geordies start getting on his back, he may crumble, some are already pretty angry ASM is being shipped out for Barnes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not terrible. Another well reduced due to relegation.

Regardless - £78mil or so now for two players. We have no excuse this season.

Sell Soumare, Ndidi, Nacho, Castagne, Ward and Iverson - that could generate another £50m, plus their wages off the bill, added to the 8 (inc. Evans) that were released, there must be huge savings and money to spend.

Just now, MGLCFC said:

Sell Soumare, Ndidi, Nacho, Castagne, Ward and Iverson - that could generate another £50m, plus their wages off the bill, added to the 8 (inc. Evans) that were released, there must be huge savings and money to spend.

I would keep Nididi and Nacho and sell the others that would take us over 100m and what about Praet does he want to be here?

10 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Ornstein is a good source. Saying £38m.

*forgot that Moore_94 lives in the future.

Guys probably got an almanac n all

Going to be so weird seeing him play for another club and especially seeing him in black and white stripes, but he gets Champions League football this season and is joining a club on the up, so I am happy for him. The fee is about right in the end, as we need to sell so we can get our own targets in. 

• Like 2