Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

Guest nathan.
11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Are we to boo him when he comes back? 

If we play Newcastle in the next 5 years.

Im not sure we will.

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Weirdos like @Bob Hazels shorts delighted our top scorer is out the door.

Simply won't be able to replace his output, we are a significantly weaker side without him. 

It’s clear we have to sell to fund the rebuild. We will find out fairly soon whether or not it was worth it. Would have been looking at 50m if we were still in the prem two years left imo. He’s worth 25-30m with one year left in this market. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Weirdos like @Bob Hazels shorts delighted our top scorer is out the door.

Simply won't be able to replace his output, we are a significantly weaker side without him. 

I'm not delighted he's gone and wish him well.

Weaker right now, yes. Buy if we can use those funds on 2 or 3 new attacking midfielders/wingers then I think you're being extremely over reactive stating we won't replace his output

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I want 3 wingers in now minimum. 

We need to replace the best part of 40 goal contributions a season in Barnes and Maddison. These creative and attacking players actually need to be able to score goals, Maresca has no excuses if he doesn't replace them properly. The money is there.

It's a big ask - Keep the faith

If the gossip is to be believed …… then £38m is a great price as he isn’t a £38m player. But his stats are those of a £60m player. And therein lies the Barnes conundrum and why his fee/transfer will divide opinion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I'm not delighted he's gone and wish him well.

Weaker right now, yes. Buy if we can use those funds on 2 or 3 new attacking midfielders/wingers then I think you're being extremely over reactive stating we won't replace his output

But you can't play 2/3 players at the same time? No one we will buy would have got the output Barnes did last season in the prem.a

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We need to replace the best part of 40 goal contributions a season in Barnes and Maddison. These creative and attacking players actually need to be able to score goals, Maresca has no excuses if he doesn't replace them properly. The money is there.

Agreed. Cannot understand all of the 'good riddance' willy pullers. Our current most productive player is leaving and our most creative player went a few weeks ago. With Youri gone as well, it's a concern where the chances and the goals are going to come from.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There is a massive income loss and that has to be covered as well. Don't expect anywhere near all the money to be spent on incoming players. It is probably as.much about getting wages off the books as well.

1 minute ago, john ridley said:

Not bothered who goes ,all were responsible for last season. Be a change to have players here who want to be here .Just hope we can get rid of the rest who think they're too good for us. 

Barnes when good is good but when he isn't he is not worth having in the team. He is very inconsistent. No player is bigger than the club.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sebastian Nanasi,Emil Brevik and Jonathan Brunes, doing my best impression of you

Edited by lanefox