Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

He’s got 2 years left. 

His goals would get us out of this league.

We don’t have goals in our current team. 

We need some attacking players to come in.

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, The_77 said:

A lot of people who want Barnes’ output to go along with elite defensive statistics either have never seen an attacking winger play football or need to seriously adjust their expectations for that position. 

I sort of agree and sort of think Barnes takes it to the extreme though. 

While there is an extent that attacking wingers are naturally going to do less defensive work, I think when you look at Barnes’ pressing and distance run numbers he still stood out as being really poor. 

I remember people posting the stats here.2 seasons ago, our other 3 wingers - Lookman, Perez and Albrighton all had over 2 times as many presses as him and way more in terms of total running distance. Was nearly 3 times in Albrighton’s case (I know Albrighton has one of the best engines in the country and can run all day, but still…).

None had the attacking talent of Barnes, but it also kind of showed you can’t blame it all on the system or manager or whatever and that Barnes is and probably always will be an exciting but lazy player who doesn’t track back nor press from the front and it’s always what’s held him back reaching his full potential and breaking into the England squad when we were chasing the Champions League places

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Clubs weren’t lining up for him so what was Rudkin to do, we need players in now, to achieve that players have to leave first.

You really need to move on or stop watching the team.

Since when has a club been able to force the sale of a player if they don’t want to go.

Comments like your have been answered numerous times, beyond me how it doesn’t sink on with some people that the slave trade is no longer and employees have rights.

I think you will find employees (players) force moves when it suits them.  We should never have let contracts run down as we have done. Coupled with paying stupid wages for in several cases quite ordinary players has done us.  We created this situation through repeated mistakes and shocking recruitment. 

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Look at it this way. Barnes alone would not of got us promoted but that £40 million split between 3 quality attacking players probably will.

hmmmm assuming that its spent on players and not used to cover loss of income

• Like 1

We can’t realistically expect him to have stayed. Two players that were nailed on to leave were him and Madders. 

The money they bring in will enable us to hopefully target a few excellent young players. I fully expect Enzo to go knocking on Peps door for a few academy lads. We need to reinvest this money wisely, and what’s good about Enzo is he seems very sure about the player profile he wants… unlike his predecessor….. “Yannick is the player profile we need”.

• Like 2

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Absolutely no chance. Being in the championship harms King Powers plans for the club, they will spend a huge chunk of that money to ensure the mistake is short lived. 

If anyone actually thinks the club will just chance it with who we have they will be mistaken. And what I like is they actually seem to be working with the manager, which speaks volumes because after Brendan’s little Britain approach to transfers, it’s a surprise they would ever trust a manager again. 

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think you will find employees (players) force moves when it suits them.  We should never have let contracts run down as we have done. Coupled with paying stupid wages for in several cases quite ordinary players has done us.  We created this situation through repeated mistakes and shocking recruitment. 

Employees (players) can clearly force a move, they have all the power. 
The club can’t force a player to move because they’re nearing the end of their contract and that was what you were saying the DoF had failed to do.

Do you actually read what you post?

If it helps, this is what you wrote:’The DoF allowing players to run their contracts down means No Club is going to offer us fair market value.’

Edited by hackneyfox

we had a 70m size hole 

20m has gone in released players’ salaries

madders has brought in around 35m 

Barnes brings in around 40m 

we’ve spent 18m so far 

we’re ahead by approx 10m 

I assume we will see players out/in from this point. If we sell Castagne for 15m then we can spend that. Whilst we can see the holes in our squad, the club is not under pressure to sell anyone (unless they feel they have to do so with the one year left on contracts ) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Absolutely no chance. Being in the championship harms King Powers plans for the club, they will spend a huge chunk of that money to ensure the mistake is short lived. 

If anyone actually thinks the club will just chance it with who we have they will be mistaken. And what I like is they actually seem to be working with the manager, which speaks volumes because after Brendan’s little Britain approach to transfers, it’s a surprise they would ever trust a manager again. 

Yeah i agree it should not cover losses and be spent on the starting 11.

Top needs to take that L and take that loss out his back pocket. Last season is partially down to him not making the correct decisions so its an expensive lesson to learn.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Clubs weren’t lining up for him so what was Rudkin to do, we need players in now, to achieve that players have to leave first.

Strong links to West Ham and Spurs and some noise around Villa, it wasn't just Newcastle. I get your point about funds but he's gone on the cheap imo. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Look at it this way. Barnes alone would not of got us promoted but that £40 million split between 3 quality attacking players probably will.

There are also an extreme amount of variables to this.. The main one being that relies on the club being able to identify 3 quality attacking players. We've spent what's felt like an eternity trying to identify 1 RW who wasn't complete and utter b*****ks. Confidence is not through the roof...

Edited by CaliFOXnia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

we had a 70m size hole 

20m has gone in released players’ salaries

madders has brought in around 35m 

Barnes brings in around 40m 

we’ve spent 18m so far 

we’re ahead by approx 10m 

I assume we will see players out/in from this point. If we sell Castagne for 15m then we can spend that. Whilst we can see the holes in our squad, the club is not under pressure to sell anyone (unless they feel they have to do so with the one year left on contracts ) 

Can see Thomas, sourmare, vestergard, ward going. Hoping Kel doesn't go but could see it. 

Probs fees for Thomas and sourmare and some wages released for the other two. 

We had to massively rebuild and we are probably not half way through yet. 

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Ben Jacobs is a fraud. He just adds little bits of speculative detail on to other peoples news.

Yep 👍 I've always found him to be an irritating throbber

Leicester fan "allegedly" who takes delight in us flogging our best players :(

Edited by Bob Weasel Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Ben Jacobs is a fraud. He just adds little bits of speculative detail on to other peoples news.

Which, in this instance, is just impossible to prove. It'll be an undisclosed fee. 

Leicester fans will claim it was 40 upfront rising with add ons. 

Newcastle fans will claim it's 30 up front rising to 38 with add ons that'll never happen. 

It doesn't matter really. What matters is we're probably one more smaller outgoing (Iheanacho or Soumare look fairly likely) from 100m revenue from player sales. 

• Like 1