Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

5 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Strong links to West Ham and Spurs and some noise around Villa, it wasn't just Newcastle. I get your point about funds but he's gone on the cheap imo. 

If he’s gone on the cheap then it’s a surprise that none of the above thought it worth making an offer.

Some people saying he's gone cheap and maybe so, but we aren't in as stronger position as we were when we sold the likes of Maguire, Fofana and Chilwell. Had we stayed up we could have said £60m or he goes nowhere. The good thing is that it's been done quickly so we can now finish rebuilding our own squad. Would rather £38m now than £45-50m at the end of the window when we can't spend it. Interesting that he's not been used at all pre season so it's been clear for a while he's going yet the likes of Castagne, Vestergaard and Praet all played today suggesting there are no deals imminent for our other squad members. The only other player not been seen this pre season is soumare. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

His age - he has a big resale value in four years whereas Barnes doesn’t 

26 in December, people never really grasp that buying a player of that age is highly likely that is his peak value. A five year deal will see him the wrong side of 30 when it expires.

I seen a list when we sold Mahrez of how many players went for £60m+ at age 26 or more, there was hardly any but people still moaned at the Mahrez fee.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Employees (players) can clearly force a move, they have all the power. 
The club can’t force a player to move because they’re nearing the end of their contract and that was what you were saying the DoF had failed to do.

Do you actually read what you post?

No I said the DoF allowing contracts to run down couple with paying silly wages to in some cases average ability players will mean we will have to take further hits on fees. So yes I do read my posts but may you you do not?  Anyhow, I am done with this exchange of views. Good night.

He's too good for the Championship and Leicester City through every fault of their own is a Championship club. 

Our bargaining clout evaporated the moment we were relegated and it's a bit weird that people continue to fail to see this. 

Mixed feelings, mind. Shame to lose a home grown talent who would obviously be a key part of Operation: Dick The League, but at the same time he seems to stink more of relegation than some others, maybe because he's so obviously wanted out for ages and it showed last season. 

£40m is good IMO. Plenty of time to spend that cash. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

No I said the DoF allowing contracts to run down couple with paying silly wages to in some cases average ability players will mean we will have to take further hits on fees. So yes I do read my posts but may you you do not?  Anyhow, I am done with this exchange of views. Good night.

No, you posted that later, my reply was to your post that said ‘The DoF allowing players to run their contracts down means No Club is going to offer us fair market value.’

I pointed out employees now had rights so what was a DoF me at to do, to which you weirdly agreed this making your original comment look even dafter. 
Sleep well, perhaps you’ll learn how to follow a conversation or even keep a mental tab of your own comments.

LCFC “delighted” with the fee. The fee is right for a relegated side selling an asset but we’ve just sold two English players who are very likely to be in the national squad next season to one CL club and another who will certainly have aspirations to be there for the same price (including add ons) that we got for Maguire. It’s a shit fee and the board patting themselves on the back for it is another laughable move by the prat Top and his band of idiots. 

Good luck to Barnes. He will thrive at a proper club. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Another one who can’t move on from their entrenched biter rantings of last season and doesn’t seem to understand the implications of relegation.

LCFC have been relegated before, it didn’t all start with NP. 
You’re lashing out at Top based on the scribblings of someone who has no idea of how the club feel about the fee. I’d hazard a guess they’d have been hoping for more from both transfers but a bidding war didn’t happen in either case.

Read the first sentence again. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sly said:

He’s got 2 years left. 

His goals would get us out of this league.

We don’t have goals in our current team. 

We need some attacking players to come in.

that’s just guesswork. We can’t guarantee that. There isn’t any guarantee we’ll get promoted either.  Better off using the money to distribute to 2-3 players  as our squad is kinda thin.

I personally feel our best chance of getting promoted is to have a team  that wants to be here and is hungry to play In the champ

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MPH said:

that’s just guesswork. We can’t guarantee that. There isn’t any guarantee we’ll get promoted either.  Better off using the money to distribute to 2-3 players  as our squad is kinda thin.

I personally feel our best chance of getting promoted is to have a team  that wants to be here and is hungry to play In the champ

I’m hoping they’re hungry to be playing in the PL in the next 13 months. With us.

Edited by hackneyfox

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So it’s a fee that is right for a relegated side but it’s shit?

Can be both can't it? I'm not at all surprised at the fee and didn't expect we'd pull in much more considering we've just been relegated and the player obviously wasn't particularly interested in sticking around but at the same time for a player of his quality and output I think it's a steal.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I’m hoping their hungry to be playing in the PL in the next 13 months. With us.

Better to have hungry players aiming for the prem than prem standard players who don’t want to play in the champ!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Read the first sentence again. 

He is having a mare tonight…..  Best to leave him alone. I have……

• Haha 1