Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

He is the last of our valuable assets , so we will make little money in the transfer market in the foreseeable future. The club will have to finance itself in more creative ways. This is basically a reversion to ten years ago. Maybe that is a good thing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

LCFC “delighted” with the fee. The fee is right for a relegated side selling an asset but we’ve just sold two English players who are very likely to be in the national squad next season to one CL club and another who will certainly have aspirations to be there for the same price (including add ons) that we got for Maguire. It’s a shit fee and the board patting themselves on the back for it is another laughable move by the prat Top and his band of idiots. 

Good luck to Barnes. He will thrive at a proper club. 

lollollol

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

He is the last of our valuable assets , so we will make little money in the transfer market in the foreseeable future. The club will have to finance itself in more creative ways. This is basically a reversion to ten years ago. Maybe that is a good thing.

We've just got £80m (approx) in player sales. 

This is where we need to be shrewd and sensible. So far, it appears we have. I'd like to think we'll secure a few more signings before the start of the season now to fill out the squad with goals and creativity. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I did hope this season was our chance to find some hidden gems and future assets but doesnt look that way as most the young players look like they will be loans.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Sad indictment of our times, Barnes was probably 6 years in the making after his breakthrough to the 1st team bench, Thomas should come good this season in the Championship but Dewsbury Hall will be the next one sold unfortunately, we have a couple of future gems in Alves & Braybrooke, hopefully our new coach/manager will sort out our junior teams in the next year or so… :scarf:

• Like 1

Sad day for me. My fave Leicester player.

Wish we got a bit more but think this is a pragmatic move if we invest the money as sensibly as we have the Maddison money.

Good luck to him

• Like 2

I think he’ll fit Newcastle’s current style quite well, and good luck to him. He’s been one of my favourite players in recent seasons.

However, with their ambition, finances and trajectory he’ll be a squad player inside 2-3 years as they will outgrow his worth. I suspect as well the Newcastle board will panic when Howe isn’t able to sustain what he did last season, another reason why players who fit his style should be wary. In effect, it’s all down hill from here pal 😜 

1 minute ago, Scanchez said:

Sad to see him go.

Hope we don't boo him if we play against them.

Probably wishful thinking.

I’d be highly surprised if he was booed?

but, a couple of morons could probably prove me wrong  

Sad to see him go, a player I rate really highly.

As a winger games don’t always go your way, sometimes the defender wins the battle… So they are seen to be “hot and cold” players.

Barnes has always been tarred with this brush. But for me, he’s a very good player. He may need to dig deep mentally to make the next step in his career. 

I wish him well and am sad to see his departure

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You don’t think he will thrive at Newcastle’s level ? With their ambition? I think he’ll be awesome. 

I think you know I'm not implying Barnes will struggle at Newcastle. We know he's a good Premier League forward. 

I think a new start at a new club will be very good for Barnes and his development and is just what he needs. I will be watching him with interest to see whether he can kick on now.

From our perspective £40m isn't the best, but is acceptable in the position we are in and could make the starting 11 significantly stronger. As always though, the key is to recruit well with the money and we won't be able to judge that with any degree of certainty for quite some time.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I think you know I'm not implying Barnes will struggle at Newcastle. We know he's a good Premier League forward. 

You have issue with the word “proper” ? Ok, properly ran club. Something he wasn’t part of last season. He will thrive in the environment. He will get his England call up. 

Got to get rid of him really, can’t afford to let him run down his contract, can take the risk and maybe let go next summer but then we risk him doing a Tielemans. Would have liked nearer 45/50 but if no-one else is bidding we’re abit stuck. 

Take the money and hopefully reinvest in 2 or 3 lads or use it to stick to FFP. 

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You have issue with the word “proper” ? Ok, properly ran club. Something he wasn’t part of last season. He will thrive in the environment. He will get his England call up. 

1 that’s won nothing for 65 years….

Which only finished 3rd due to spending 400m + in 3 windows.

After this window that will be 0.5bn spent

How exactly are they a properly ran club just because they had a oil sugar daddy turn up.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Sad indictment of our times, Barnes was probably 6 years in the making after his breakthrough to the 1st team bench, Thomas should come good this season in the Championship but Dewsbury Hall will be the next one sold unfortunately, we have a couple of future gems in Alves & Braybrooke, hopefully our new coach/manager will sort out our junior teams in the next year or so… :scarf:

...I  can't see KDH leaving this club, he would be the last person you would expect to want to go.

• Like 1